P2-120 AP and TR Reflex Sight 2x

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TriterM, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Jetlag

Points for style?
  2. -Synapse-

While that 2x sight is a bit cluttered, I'm extremely jelly of VS's 1x reflex sight.
    • Up x 3
  3. Hibiki54

Don't get me started on Prowler and Anchor Mode. That's just a can of worms.

VS have the best reflex sights in terms of overall view and application. But that is subjective to player variance due to the operation of the individual eyeball. Not everyone see's colors the same.
  4. Flag

Now now...
    In combination with anchor it was.

And even without it was never UP. Faaaaar from it.
  5. Leftconsin

You're reminding me of the ACOG scope in MW2. I hated that thing so much I was calling it "The sight of blindness" And I had to use it to unlock thermals. :mad: It covered up so much screen space and offered such a little window to see downrange.
    • Up x 1
  6. LodeTria

My only concern with the prowler gun is it's a straight upgrade from the lightning AP, making the only reason to pull a lightning as TR is 150 nanites and the skyguard.
  7. Axehilt

Yeah the 1x is just about perfect. Although personally I like having a frame to center the red dot, so like a slimmed TR 1x would be my ideal.
  8. FBVanu

Flag, yeah, but the operative word is "was".. it no longer is, thanks to all the nerfs.

And it also required that every shot hits.. which most could not do (my personal aim still sucks..)

But now, the Prowler is not overpowered.. it can barely hold its own giant butt out of the line of fire,
    shakes like a leaf and gets a heart attack when it sees a decent Vanguard
    and it can waste 80 shots on a Magrider, without ever hitting it even once..

As you know, its all about positioning.. but even if I hit a Vanguard first, they can still outgun me.
    but if a Vanguard hits me first, I'm close to dead , even if I shoot back with AP
    • Up x 1
  9. PanzerGoddess

lol if this statement isnt true. And coming from FB who has a passion for driving nothing but a tank :p hehe

The vangaurd first hit always spells trouble, especially at close range, that typically ends in death. And unless a maggy has an afterburner on, even in anchored mode can be brutally hard to hit at range....ya know the whole tank strafing is oddly strange to me lol.
  10. Flag

Nor is it UP.
    In essence the Prowler is close to -fine-. It still has it's advantages, and maybe, just maybe the suggested new AV and AI guns will sort out it's biggest problem: Lack of 2nd gunners.

If people want to suggest the Prowler is UP is either drunk, high or mad.
    Does it have flaws? Yes, but so do the other two MBTs.
  11. Lividicus!

Why is this guy trying to nerf a tank that just BARELY is able to compete with the other factions? The OP clearly has not ever played a prowler, unless it was in the VR training... The barrels of the Prowler are off-centered and are EXTREMELY difficult to hit targets with precision. I'm a decent Tank pilot, and I can tell you I'd trade the Prowler for the Mag or the Vanguard any day of the week! 1v1, the Prowler loses to both MBT's in nearly any situation. Vanguards use their shield and take 2 extra reloads to set on fire, and the Magrider is a magnificently maneuverable tank! At medium range, magriders can literally watch the Prowlers AP rounds and dodge them...

OP, instead of trying to claim the "DPS is higher than the other two factions", why don't you log on and try to go 1v1 against even a newby Magrider. Guarantee you will be immediately back on the forums with an apology and asking for a buff to the TR's Empire specific ability. Lockdown=DEATH 90% of the time. In addition, the reload speed increase, after taking into account the delay between rounds, and the delay prior to reloading, does NOT make us OP in any way!

I just traded my Lockdown in for Fire suppression, because Lockdown is really that much of a joke in game. In theory it sounds nice, but when you're sitting in one spot, getting dumped on by a magrider, you nearly have a seizure PRESSING "B" RAPIDLY AND SCREAMING "COME ON, MOVE THIS PIECE OF (WHAT)!!"

Find something more worthwhile to nag about and nerf. Either that or go online and post a video of your AMAZING prowler gameplay where you just wreck everything in sight like you believe we do....

TL;DR Put on your big boy pants
  12. Ghodere

Prowler AP was OP in the 2 days that Anchor was bugged and gave it 600% additional round velocity. That was a fun period.
  13. Flag

AP-AP was OP when it gave the prowler 400 m/s on shells.
  14. FBVanu

Oh yeah, the good old days.. (tears):(
  15. FBVanu

:D
  16. Flag

Whoever though that was balanced was insane in the mainframe.
    BOOGALEE WOOGALEE MOOGALEE!

Now hand over your skin.