State of PS2 8/25

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Tykune

I've yet to see them do anything for non-paying members.
    • Up x 1
  2. Bindlestiff

Spoken by someone who either hasn't spent much time trying to do the directives, or someone with so much free time that there is no trade off or opportunity cost.

They are not game changing, nor do they grant certs or XP, but they are a measure of the amount of time and effort put into the game. For some, time is the most precious commodity they have, so it is absolutely a big deal.
    • Up x 2
  3. warmachine1

Place controler setting revmap into roadmap!
    It lacks yaw / roll / pitch axis rebinding!
  4. Magicool

finaly you guys realize you have to fix bugs, resolve the current issues and improve the performance before implementing more and more new stuff :)
    • Up x 1
  5. Himofeelia

Hit Registration not on the list?
    Mostly all scopes not lined up not on the list?

Come on... You keep saying youre "working on it" but NEVER any status. Lots of status on the fluff which doesnt do anything for the game but the actual problems are always "looking into it".
  6. Chappie

• August update: Right now we're still on target for Weds of this week. The build has a lot of nice things in it besides the Valkyrie, and I really want to get it to live to help overall quality. It includes a hitch fix, hit reg improvements, splash damage in the VR zone...and other good stuff.
    might wanna read the list to see whats on it.........
  7. MartenV

So I am getting nothing back from the derective resets. No certs or something. Just "We are really sorry"
  8. Bassett

Thanks for the update and acknowledgement of issues at hand.
  9. Noktaj

Jeeeez. I've to do it all over again...
    I lost over a 1000 kills for that directive reset :(
    Could we have some sort of default compensation at least, based on the average time played? Like a default amount of kills granted?

Or at least lower the creeping 800 medics kills as a medic to something like 400...
  10. Pootisman

Devs rarely post status updates on forums. They use Twitter and Reddit.

Progress of iron sights:
    https://twitter.com/muldoonx9/status/502937263928401920
    https://twitter.com/muldoonx9/status/502936476179787784
  11. 10thRMDredd

Thank you for fighting the good fight soe.
    Must be hard enough with the complexity of the game without having people with below par genitalia attempt to attack your systems.
    A teleporter and an axe.....and a bag.
  12. Jo3

Great all that progression lost... and all we get is a sorry in small print.
  13. DatVanuMan

MORE FPS FOR EVERYONE:eek:
  14. DatVanuMan

What is up with you and MAXes?
  15. Aeon Pyro1515

16. Wargrim

This is ********. If you really are unable to restore the lost progression, it only means one thing: You launched the directive system without the data/tracking system in place to make sure it actually works.

But i have a very hard time believing that there is nothing that can be done. Maybe you can not figure out what class someone was when using a specific weapon. But Tank kills are just one example of stats that are tracked by external websites using your API. Base captures are even tracked by your own stats site, so you could look up how many a player had when the directives were introduced, how many he has now, and how many the directive system thinks he has. There are more examples. At the very least, you should make sure to restore such stats, if you can not restore all of them.

If you can not restore ANY of the reset directives stats, i think we deserve an explaination that goes beyond "I asked our coders and they said it can not be done."

And in that case, you should not appologize for the reset bug - that stuff can happen - but instead you should appologize for launching the directive system without proper data logging, preventing ANY data restoring in case of such a bug, or other technical problems that also might lead to data loss / resets in the future. This is a case of extremely sloppy work and illustrates a much bigger problem than the bug itself.
  17. Impala

This is really my highest priority as well and should be an easy fix. Please sort this out, it has been 3-4 weeks now!
  18. sagolsun

Report summary: Despite having clear advantages in write performance and scalability, the dev/null database has not met our company's expectations.
  19. dnaRIP

Thanks for the update and hard work David and crew!
  20. trued2

Better not be moving the squad/outfit system back, I was looking forward to some of those changes that would benefit smaller outfits.