LC2 Lynx Review. (Taking a look post revamp.)

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Wrel, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Wrel Developer

Close quarters ADS powerhouse with more-than-capable hipfire, shame it lost that sexy 0.75x movement speed multiplier though.

Do you like the new or old Lynx better?
    • Up x 4
  2. Redwave

Nice video Wrel, I personally like the Lynx but that recoil will take some time for me to get used to it. All in all, I think this is a great carbine for light assaults and this video proved that point even more. Sadly, I didn't get to try out the Old LC2 Lynx because when I bought it they updated it :(
  3. Reclaimer77

Nice video. I have the Lynxx and the Armistice but honestly I don't see much of a reason is using the Lynx anymore when the SMG is so clearly better.
  4. DatVanuMan

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASIBANYAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Wrel made another video.
    Great video as always, man:D The Lynx is just another example of how the devs favor the TR:p
  5. AeroS

Nice, i used the Old Lynx a long time, and stoped using it after the revamp (i hate 125dmg carbines)
    but maybe the "new" lynx has a second chance deserves
  6. Nakar

I love the new Lynx. Much better than the old one. Its ADS capabilities are insane for something that puts out so much damage.

But Wrel, seriously man, don't recommend a Flash Suppressor ever for 125 tier guns. They're already hampered by the bloom rates of guns in the 143 tier, there's no reason to bump them up to the 167 tier bloom level. It's OK to run with no barrel attachment whatsoever.
  7. AeroS

Nakar, would you recommend a suppressor for LA?
    i used the old wihtout any barrel attachment(Cof-Bloom and veloc reduction)
    is the new one useable with a suppressor or should i use it without a barrel-attachment to get back my beloved CQC-BEAST
  8. Matt879

Certainly like the new one better. It's my go-to TR carbine during scrims (I'm mainly a VS player). If you can control it, it's a powerhouse even out to medium ranges.
  9. -Synapse-

The NC get an SMG that functions like a carbine, the TR get a carbine that functions like an SMG. Thankfully both weapons are pretty good in their respective roles.
  10. Nakar

I would not use a Suppressor with the Lynx.

If you want to use a Suppressor on a carbine put one on the AMC.
  11. cruczi

A suppressor will reduce ranged effectiveness considerably. I wouldn't recommend it, CQC carbines are lacking in the velocity department to begin with, and the Lynx has shorter min damage range than other carbines
  12. AeroS

thx for the advice, so i`ll use it with same attachments i sed the old, 1x scope adv. laser and SPA
  13. Corezer

I would TOTALLY ignore these guys.

Lynx with suppressor rocks.

even at max damage degradation it kills faster at 50m than an AMC does at 11

The trick is to control your engagements better, this weapon is purpose built for flanking, allowing you to take good positions even if they aren't right up your opponents butt, and still be very effective.

even at the slow suppressed speeds, people can't actually "dodge your shots" until about 200m lol infantry just don't move that fast.

It's the SPA that isn't needed, it's a bit of a short sighted thought based on other weapons to claim the importance of that one less bullet on a gun which fires at 909rpm. I'll be the first to rep SPA on other guns, especially NC ones, but the effect just isn't very noticeable.
  14. UnDeaD_CyBorG

When that one hit, TR finally had a weapon that fits their supposed tech and style.
    Not that I play TR.
    I think HV ammo would be a nice try on this, if only it supported it?
    That said, I'd pack SP ammo on everything short of Boltaction Rifles, because I can aim just fine with SMGs, and the 5% drop here still doesn't make it "slow".
    • Up x 1
  15. Bankrotas

Honestly, I'd up velocity on Lynx a bit, to be just under Trac-5, bloom it suffers from is enough for that weapon, no need to have low velocity :/
  16. Reclaimer77

The Suppressor is pointless. 90% of all players are too stupid or oblivious to look at their minimap. Who has the time anyway?

If we were talking Infil, then yeah go Suppressor. But LA? Let them come and get farmed if they feel like chasing my red dot...
  17. AeroS

so, to be fair i cheked it ingame (vr test with rangefinder)

Supp+SPA at range is really good (10 shots at 30m)
    (Lynx 10 shot TTK is close to 7shot TTK NS11-C)

can't post the table with phone, edit it later at home
  18. Nakar

HVA is pretty much the best carbine ammo type and if every carbine had it I'd put it on every carbine. The Lynx not having it is a balance thing, and one I agree with.
    Infiltrators arguably need Suppressors even less since they can clear themselves off the minimap if they do show up on it, and their method for doing so also dodges things like spots.

If you're stomping around with the Lynx, where you are on the minimap shouldn't matter a whole lot because you can pretty much stay on the move constantly and deal with threats readily. If your goal was to camp in a tree and farm kills the Lynx would be a bad choice merely because it bleeds through ammo too fast. You'd be better off with the AMC or NS-11C or the Cougar so that you can farm efficiently and minimize ammo runs.
  19. SeanFree

You guys think people look at their map enough for a suppressor to be useful?

No. They do not. The only people who do are usually good players who will hear you shooting anyway, so it's still not that useful.
  20. Corezer

^^^
    You don't play enough then. Proof is in the pudding, with the suppressor you can take out a guy sitting in the group with the group still shooting over fence, without 1 or 2 usually turn around.

plus lets not forget awareness...