PS2 is just about ready for BFR's

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Corezer

axehilt, and the deci hotswap, not possible in PS2, don't forget that!

BFR's could have been implemented in the beginning in place of the lightning, basically a lightning that could strafe and change momentum quicker, but with a taller hitbox and damageable by some small arms (I'm thinking sniper and battle rifles). That actually would have been pretty neat, and given infiltrator semi/scout rifles an extra role along with battle rifles, but needless to say with the lightning being already established they cant just up and get rid of it, and there just isn't room for a whole new ground vehicle in the current game.

I'm not even sure there would be room with the harasser in play, seeing as the idea is just a hybrid for the most part.
  2. andy_m

Indeed, and you can see the MAX Hate creeping in here too...
  3. sustainedfire

BFR would add a light assault siege vehicle. Give it a short jump ability or jet pack.

Possibly introduce it with a new land vehicle that allows the spawning of Flashes and BFR to give transport and additional (lite) power for base siege.
  4. Flea6.8

So.... You want.... A max?
  5. Flea6.8

This is acceptable.
  6. Ownasaurusrex

They should be an upgrade to the max and not max crashable.

They should have rumble seats for 2 maxes or 4 infantry to ride on.

/win
    • Up x 1
  7. DorianOmega

so many pessimists giving the lamest copy paste reason to say no to BFRs... BFR's SHOULD be in the game, stop nay saying them because PS1 and Balance....
    • Up x 1
  8. Forkyar24

9. Bape

BFR should be in this game. This isn't planetside 1 they are two completely different games and planetside 1 players should just keep their mouth shut and let the game be more fun.
    • Up x 1
  10. sustainedfire

There is a need for BFR. Everyone wants more variety.

If you have been playing since launch, the battles are a bit rinse and repeat. New modes of combat help refresh the whole experience.
  11. Kolbax

Is it really necessary for someone to quote George Santayana before all you pro BFR people start shutting your mouths?

The answer should be no. Likewise the answer to BFR should also be no.

They dont say 'less is more' because it only rings true in fantasy land you know. Then again with the amount of self entitlement here I may as well not bother wasting my breath.
  12. Whatupwidat

I love the people now telling PS1 vets to shut up about the BFR.

Basically "Hey, I know you really hurt your head hitting it against this wall but that was your head - not mine"

Only idiots fail to learn from or heed the mistakes and experiences of others.
  13. JesNC

Yes, please.

And dual MBT secondaries for the pilot.

And a regenerating shield.

Then let them sit in front of spawnrooms for a couple of hours after release and take bets on if the Devs are able to salvage their burning wreckage of a combined arms game before it hits the wall...
    • Up x 1
  14. Paragon Exile

I'd like an ES mech like the BFR over the colossus. They just ooze awesomeness and sci-fi. Make them super-heavy three-person vehicles or light, single-occupant attack vehicles.

I think it'd be pretty stupid to not include them in the future in some capacity; most of the arguments against them are "It was OP in another game!" (lol wgaf?), "A real bipedal mech would be too flimsy!" (lol realism) or "It'll just replace MBT's!" (lol resource costs).

No reason not to include them, aside from time and resources on SOE's part. They would obviously need to be rebalanced.
    • Up x 2
  15. JesNC

How, if you would care to elaborate?

They've tried to balance mechs for a MMOFPS environment for what, 1,5 years I think?, in PS1. By the time they were halfway finished the damage to the game was already done and it went into life support mode.

The only way I could imagine them being balanced would be if:

- they had no pilot weapons

- no shields

- approx. same speed and hp as the MBTs

- no ******* jumpjets!!!!. Vehicles don't belong on rooftops.

That would leave them with about the same combat capabilities as the other ground vehicles, without interfering with the roles of the current GVs. Especially, it would keep them from being to new go-to pwnchariots for farming infantry.

The question now is really: Would you even want something like that?
  16. t31os

No, just no...

That is all.
  17. Ash87

Okay, this has always been what I thought:
    This is what people imagine when they think of PS1 BFRs:
    [IMG]

Or worse, this:
    [IMG]

Only, I don't think we necessarily need -that- because -that- role is already kind of filled, and will be filled further by the Collossus tank.

What we need, to carry the C&C Tiberium Sun comparison is This:
    [IMG]

So, lets say a step up from a max, something that is Fast and designed to deal with Infantry. A bulletproof harasser with 1/4 the speed.
    • Up x 2
  18. sustainedfire

I imagine BFR being implemented similarly, though not bullet proof. Keeping them susceptable to small arms fire would be a measure to prevent them from becoming an extreme infantry farming implement.

A sort of Light Assault of vehicles, suitable for base assault/defense, or sunderer protection. Survivable while within range of cover, though in open fields the lifespan of a BFR is hugely diminished.

Even make them empire specific in design, and give each BFR one or two empire exclusive weapons. Faction diversity!
  19. Tuco

Is he just saying that cause everyone on the forums said that, or is he saying that from personal experience? Has he personally ever experienced the mega lameness of almost killing the a tank only to have it jump away at a speed faster than an ESF on turbo can go?
    • Up x 1
  20. Nayrx

Flying tanks that required a small arms hit to a head sized target located on the back of the BFR in order to bring down the shield. I don't feel like I miss that.

Oh and lets not forget the version with dual sky guard canons. Yes that could fly also.