Is nanowave 5 worth it ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zeppelin123, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Zeppelin123

I returned a few days ago and ponder about the new nanowave. Is 5 worth it ? Does it for example save from these one hit headshopts from Infiltrators ?
    Thanks in advance.
  2. KnightCole

Idk if its really worth it. I just use it cuz I think its more a placebo effect. If anything, it might be why some guys seem awful tough, though its prolly cuz its bugged....but Idk.

And no, it doesnt protect from headshots at all I dont think.
  3. Solidpew

The best defense you have against infiltrators is to constantly move on the battlefield. That being said, nanoweave does not protect against headshots. NW5 is still worthwhile because not everyone will aim for the head, and it's better to invest fully into a suit slot rather than leave the last level alone because it costs more- especially as infantry.
  4. \m/SLAYER\m/

nope.
    which class are you talking about? because i will really work for aggressive infiltrator maybe even LA, but level 4 is ok too.
  5. Noktaj

Everybody was running with max nano armor about 1 year ago. Like 90% of the players. So they nerfed it.
    The result?

Nobody is wearing nano armor anymore.
    Yeah, more or less like ZOE maxes.

Jeez when they nerf something at SOE they nerf it for real!

Seriously though: "new" full Nano will give you 1-2 bullet more (depending on enemy weapons and distance) of bodyshot survivability. Head is not covered by nano armor.
    It depends on class and situation but I find shield regen/flak armor far more useful than nano.
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

nanoweave works best for less skilled and average players who get shot a lot and have trouble surviving (from bullet damage!). very good players usually have the awareness to stay out of harms way and they should rather emphasize their offensive capability (with advanced shield capacitor, extra ammo or additional grenades)

in that sense: the more (health), the better. get last-rank nanoweave if you can spend the 1000c certs and dont want another weapon/utility badly. i for one use max-rank nanoweave on my medic and it surely helps me to survive when i get out of firefights with barely any health left.
  7. Bad News

I have max on my medic and HA and every time i win a fight and i just have a very little bit of life left it have been worth it.
    But max out the medic jesus gun and engineer repair tool first, i would get a 2nd burster and extended ammo also before i got nano 5.
  8. Nexus545

To be honest ever since nanoweave was reworked I have never felt the need to use it. I've always thought extra grenades or surviving explosions was much more important than surviving 1 or 2 more bullets (which as an NC character if I'm taking fire from VS or TR, considering their rate of fire, 1 or 2 extra bullets means nothing).
  9. Eternaloptimist

Same here on the value of nanoweave. It may not cover your head but it has covered my....err...lower back a few times
  10. ShadowViper

You should try Grenade bandoleer, so much better for medic imo.
    • Up x 2
  11. Alexanor

I have recently migrated to the Nanoweave 5 on my HA, LA, Medic, and Infiltrator (SMG). I find that it helps me to get that extra edge I need when engaging most targets. There have been countless times where I find myself surviving with only a sliver of health left, and every time I give a moment of thanks to my Nanoweave decision. On Engineer, I roll Flak 5 and will never change that for any reason; extremely useful in base zergs when you're being a Support to MAXes.