[Video] Slugs on a Pump Action Shotgun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Iridar51, Aug 22, 2014.

1. RHINO_Mk.II

I've been playing it a bit yesterday and today, got around 170 kills or so. Sometimes it feels amazing, headshotting enemies all over or double tapping at close range. Other times I can't seem to hit jack. I don't know whether it's hitreg, poor hipfire (I'm running extended mags unlike Iridar) or something else. The moving ADS CoF leaves a lot to be desired. It is without a doubt a fun setup to play, although 8 times out of 10 I feel like I would be just as well off with a good carbine.
  2. DatVanuMan

Me as you score that first BR10 kill.
    OHMYGOD[1337]WOW[MLG]BRISTLEASS+NOSCOPEINVOKER+WR
  3. Gicod

Its been ages since I brought out the Claw, might just have to give this tactic a try. Great video and you make it look so easy and effective. My experience will be me respawning a lot, but, that's me with pretty much everything.
  4. Iridar51

5. DatVanuMan

Are you being serious right now? It was only a joke, man:( Sorry if I made you mad or something.
  6. Saviorself

You are a headshot god lol, you could make a porker look like a supermodel.
  7. Iridar51

Half-seruous. Just getting a bit weary of 360noscope comments. Nah, we're good, you didn't make me mad ;) Should've added a couple of smiles.
  8. Iridar51

I thank you, but you really overestimate my abilities, it's not like I can headshot anyone anytime. What you see in the video is mostly luck.
  9. faykid

It's all good and fun, but using it effectively requires machine-like aiming and very good ping. The slow refire, the hit detection problems, etc. - they all make it very challenging.
  10. DramaticExit

Pretty much this. (I reserve a very special loathing for pump action shotguns, and the problems that CQC one-hit-kills cause if the shotgun user has a high ping).
  11. MrSilk

Don't waste your certs.. The games hit detection is WAY off for the slugs to be effective. This video has a lot of great highlights, but as a pretty much strict shotgun user I can attest that slugs are broken on each of the faction specific "heavy hitter" pump action shotguns.
  12. RHINO_Mk.II

Sadly I'm at the point in the game where a thousand certs to try out an interesting gimmick playstyle is more than worth it.
  13. iller

Yeah funny animation.... I'd strongly liken it to "Scourge Hands" :D
  14. RomulusX

It's taking a shotgun and turning it into something it's not.

How about we add Unifire mode to the MCG, Instead of shooting 1 bullet at a time, it now shoots 10 at a time, but to offset this, it's now very poor at range.

Oh wait...that sounds like it'd be turning it into a shotgun!

Same thing applies with a shotgun w/ slugs. Instead they turn it into a BR with heavy drop. It's just a stupid concept in my opinion.
  15. patrykK1028

1:39 I want some slow-mo !!!
  16. Iridar51

No, it doesn't. Shotgun is a weapon that can fire a multitude of different rounds: slugs, buckshot, breaching rounds, CS tear gas rounds, lighting flares, incendiary, explosive ammo...
    I would say versatility in ammunitions is one of the selling points of shotguns. Just because most games have shotguns fire buckshot all day everyday doesn't mean it's the only thing shotguns do.

It's not a CQC headshot enough to use slow-mo :p