Would you remove shotguns from NC max?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bape, Aug 22, 2014.

1. zombielores

You can pretty much toss C4 further then the effective range or a NC max if your a LA, most NC MAX will be close enough for regular infantry to deal lethal C4 damage because of the nature of NC MAXes camping door ways, if they remove shotguns, then we won't have to be so close to a doorway and still be in the C4's lethal blast radius but stay further back similar to the VS and TR.
    • Up x 1
  2. Kriegson

FFS yes! I've been ******** about NC being the shotgun faction since the game went into alpha and all we had for forums was planetside universe.

TR: High rof, high mag cap, relatively low damage weapons
    VS:High rof, High mag cap, relatively low damage weapons
    NC:Low RoF, Low mag cap, high damage (if all pellets hit, before drop off range, and you don't miss a shot thus losing 1/5th of your potential damage)

Give us some Gauss saw's or something.
    • Up x 1
  3. lothbrook

I think people just want another option for the NC max, right now the NC max is incredibly limited in its role, which right now is to camp a door way and hope there aren't too many HA with rockets waiting to get in, while other maxes might not have that instant KERBAMO to the face they can mow down a half a squad without reloading and even then they reload faster, lol.

When your best option is to equip 2 rocket launchers for medium range work theres something wrong, it'd be nice if slugs at least were more accurate but they share the pellet accuracy meaning killing targets at medium distances require mag dumping most of the time, lol.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ragnarox

Dont remove shotguns just make dthem 100% dmg to 10m, and 0% dmg longer than 10m
  5. DatVanuMan

YOU ACCURSED GENIUS!
  6. DatVanuMan

Keep the shotguns, and just add the Gauss weaponry. Lots of people actually like the shotgun theme the NC are stuck with, so why not just keep them? Also, don't make it 200 damage, make it 350 damage. Three shots to kill, but a SLOW as hell RoF, a magazine of 25, and the reload speed is 4-4.5 seconds? Also, 800+ velocity, your call, NC:)
    • Up x 2
  7. axiom537

Yes, I would love to get rid of the shotguns, but I do not want a slow rate of fire weapon, but rather the opposite. High ROF, low damage is in my opinion the best option for CQC, while shotgun are equally good if not slightly better, they are less forgiving and do not allow the player to transition from target to target before needing to reload.

Now, I would mind a Low ROF, high damage AI weapon for mid to long range, but not for CQC.

And to go even a step further, why not give all the factions different options. Give them a CQC high damage low ROF weapon, a Low damage/ High ROF weapons and something for the mid to far engagements.
  8. Larolyn

I hate being the shotgun faction when we have all this Gauss technology laying around. Shove a twin linked Gauss Saw on my Vangaurd, Gauss Weapons for my MAX, Gauss AI weapon on my Reaver. Really don't know how we went from Gauss Tech, hired mercenary corporate lackeys, to freedom loving, shotgunning faction. I wanna be hired mercenary thug who relies on Gauss technology.
  9. Bankrotas

WHY THE FREAKING **** would NC want yet another long reload, low sustain weapon?
  10. Nexus545

If they gave us Railguns instead then yes.
  11. minhalexus

Be careful what you wish for, don't blame SOE for this OP MAX.

350 damage will make it similar to the current slug max, which can still shred Maxes pretty fast and it's only downside is that it has to reload after 10 shots. You suggested that we give this new MAX 25 shots, meaning it can still shred maxes nearly as easily as current NC max.

Also you suggest we give it 800+ velocity, which is also dumb since it will make this Max the best long range max too.

I don't know what you're referring to by "Slow as hell", I'll just assume shotgun RoF.
    If it goes lower than that, I'd rather not have 350 damage bullets at all, and would switch them for 167 and 200 damage bullets.
  12. Edenwolf

Please do not touch shotguns on my NC max, I don't want to give up the ability to melt faces, killing a max in 3 seconds is worth it. No max weapon can even come close to the killstreak/carnage I cause with shotguns in a tower defence.

Instead of taking away the shotguns, at some point all maxes should get a new set of weapons, NC max could get a gauss saw then.
  13. LIKE A BOSS!

VS have small Mag cap compared to TRs.
  14. Colt556

Naw, the NC max gauss rifle should have at least 100 bullets. The entire point is to give them a weapon that can compete with the TR/VS, a super super low rate of fire rifle with only 25 bullets is like strapping a railjack to the max, and that isn't what we should go for. We want an oversized gauss saw, a slower rate of fire than the gauss saw with more damage, but nothing that extreme. I want a rifle that's like... thunk thunk thunk say two rounds a second type rate of fire but it's still a heavy machine gun and needs the ammo to match. You can't just spray a billion bullets everywhere as that's the TR's job, and you do have to aim because you hit slow and hard, but that's the thing. NC are suppose to hit slow and hard, aint nothing said about how long they can sustain that. Thus the NC max gauss rifle should have 100 ammo, 350 damage, with a rate of fire of about 2 rounds a second. I think that'd work pretty well actually since when you look at say.. a TR max they do 300 damage per shot (they shoot both cyclers at the same time after all) and they shoot like 10 or 20 rounds a second.
  15. Flashtirade

I signed up for railguns, not shotguns.
  16. Shatara

So basically, you want current slug shotguns with 100 round magazines? Something only the TR 143 damage MAX guns only have now? Also, you just about doubled the RoF of the TR guns. They shoot 143-125 damage bullets at ~400 rounds/min each. VS guns are 167 at ~337 each. Basically, you need both AI guns to match the output of one high RoF carbine in the same damage tier, and are locked in hipfire.

The NC Shotgunmax is in a weird place where it's the only MAX that can fit a full-capability infantry primary weapon on each arm.
  17. MarkAntony

I want gauss guns. Shotguns suck.
  18. Demigan

On one hand, absolutely! low ROF Gauss weapons would be an incredible improvement.

On the other hand, it would make NC rather similar to the TR/VS. NC MAX needs some kind of longer range option that's completely different than the VS/TR have right now.
  19. oumajgadxoxo

Weapons with practically 0 TTK on MAX was stupid idea to begin with.
  20. M2_Bradley

Replace with railguns.