Why Heavy Assault is not better than Light Assault

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by krokolop, Aug 18, 2014.

1. krokolop

Heavy has Rocket Launcher Generator Mesh and LMG.
    Light has Jetpack and Carbine.
    In the title of the thread should be question mark.
  2. Bankrotas

3. Borsty

Could you please explain the purpose of this thread in more detail?
  4. Serialkillerwhale

a LA whining about how HA I think.
  5. consciousvillan

for me i use light assult in close to medum range battles in and around bases using the default carbine with the 4x cross hair scope using my manouvaribility to engage from positions that give me the advantage,
    right now (as TR) im using HA with the battle rifle to allow me the medium to long range hitting power against the initial attack on a base or bettr as we force them back in to the open where u can hit enemys at range but can switch to th AV rl to defend against vehicles
    ps what is the best TR carbine etc that will allow me improve tacticsin my play style. I.E decent in cq but fitted with the right 4x scope that would allow me to fight at medium.. even lokg range
  6. Mxiter

Mobility is OP.
    Especially if you're smart.
    • Up x 1
  7. miraculousmouse

Not very true. Heavy assault get ROCKET loncher and lmg but LA is not energy eficient. LA is killing the enviorment cause of fossil fools. Heavy is more green and better.
    • Up x 3
  8. cruczi

so much fail in this thread, hurts my brain
  9. Kuriby

I think this is a troll thread? lol
  10. DorianOmega

Heavy assault= Shock trooper that should be the first one bursting into room when you dont have a MAX, most armored (over shield) and boasting the highest killing potential with the weapons available to the heavy.

Light assault= super mobile trooper with a jet pack, terrain is essentially not a constraint because of said jet pack., best used for ambushes and flanking, utilizing other players and your own placement to deal the most damage.

neither is really better then one another, they just specialize more so in one area over another.

edit: pretty sure the OP is asking why the light assault or heavy assault is better then one another, just worded weirdly.
    • Up x 2
  11. Presage

Here is an other exemple of why only BR100 should be able to post on the forum.

And to answer the thread, if you're not ok with your faction's traits, change it.
  12. Bankrotas

Here's a thing, due to how much LA loses to gain it's ability to move about in 3D space, it is forced into it and can be expected to come from certain directions, that would make the LA viable class and that makes it predictable. And being predictable is the main counter to LA, which is built into the base design and combat flow.
  13. krokolop

What do you mean?
  14. TheBloodEagle

Wrong. It's the reverse. HA asking why even though we have some gooood stuff, that HA still loses out to LA.
  15. z1967

Heavy Assaults can tank more damage than other classes with the over shield and do lots of sustained damage with 50 to 200 round LMGs. They also have a rocket launcher, which is moderately effective against vehicles.

Light Assaults have synergy with CQC weapons (especially shotguns) and high vertical mobility. They also have the best way of delivering C4 to a target compared to any other unit.

The two don't even remotely compete. You have HA for frontline duties and LA for flanking/skirmishing.
  16. Moz

Im sorry what now? Only BR100s have an opinion? And what does his faction have to do with the differance between LA and HA?

Door is this way bro ---------------> let yourself out.
    • Up x 1
  17. KnightCole

HA not more OP then LA? Idk, depends on what you want it for.

HA: face tanking, porking rows of clueless lemmings without needing to reload. Immobile, fairly predictable, deadly in the right hands, fun if you like to shoot ****.

LA: Good for flanking, Bombing MAX suits, appearing in places you dont want the enemy. Flanking a well defended position. Deploying up on tower roofs where noone can get. They are a very fun class if your idea is to be a sneaky *** and not face tank the enemy.

They each have thier purpose. I prefer the HA. LA are annoying though.