best LA medium weapon for TR

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by consciousvillan, Aug 19, 2014.

1. consciousvillan

as a new player i cant renenber the name of weapons, an currently running LA with default carbine and cross hair 4 x scop/// what is the best sub 1000 cert weapon that will give me the best accuracy at medium range while being able to still hit long range targets sum of the time.. this will be my 1st weapon for purchase for LA.. am finding the default weapon is ideal for between short range and medium range cheers
  2. Iridar51

That would be T5 AMC for 250 certs, but you will need to invest at least 230 certs more into scope + advanced forward grip to use it at range.
    • Up x 3
  3. LibertyRevolution

T5 AMC.
    If you have been running around with a Trac5 with a 4x scope, a stock T5 AMC with irons is going to feel like a laser.

Also, stop using a 4X scope on your trac5... It is not helping you.
    You will be better off with irons/1x/2x scope on a carbine anyways..
    When you get up to 4X, it makes the recoil seem really harsh.
    • Up x 2
  4. Marxsbeard

T5 AMC with forward grip, compensator, and 3.4x or 2x. 4x is too much magnification, esp for the Trac5; you're leaving yourself too large of a gap between effective ADS range and hip fire range on weapons not designed for that range. That'll run you 580c, or 330c if you got the AMC with the quiz.
  5. Marxsbeard

Also, if you want to play medium to medium-long range flanker, switch to scout rifle infiltrator. LA is all about medium to close. The Jag is the best TR carbine hands down, and cost the same with laser sight, soft point, and 1x or 2x. The AMC is good but situational.
  6. cruczi

Compensator isn't really needed, the weapon has super easy recoil already, IMO it's better to not penalize the hipfire COF for such a small benefit. Also, let's not forget HVA! It completes T5 AMC, making it the highest velocity carbine in the game along with Razor, and extending its 8-hit kill range by 10 meters and min damage range by 18 meters.

Agreed, 4X is too much. I actually Auraxed the weapon mostly with 4X... if there's a carbine that can handle a scope, T5 AMC would be it, but you're still better off with a 2x reflex so as not to shoot yourself in the foot.
    • Up x 3
  7. cruczi

I would disagree with this. Jaguar is more focused on the short range, you leave yourself defenseless or impotent in a lot of medium range fights because the recoil just isn't in your favor, while T5 AMC is accurate enough at range to outcompete a lot of CQC-oriented weapons, including AR's and LMG's, despite its lower DPS. Either way, a good LA can regulate engagements to avoid taking fights where the weapon is likely to let you down, but the weapons themselves are both situational in the sense that both have an optimal engagement range and a suboptimal one, neither is a generalist weapon. For a generalist weapon, the Trac 5 is great, but I'd recommend LA's to start to specialize as soon as they get the hang of the class and can identify their own playstyle.
  8. Iridar51

I think it's OK for newbies to run for some time with 3.4x - 4x. If nothing else, just so they see for themselves how suboptimal that is :rolleyes:
    Even if such high magnification is unnecessary, and detrimental to FoV and recoil control, it allows newbies to see the target more clearly. PS2 can be such a confusing cluster **** sometimes, and the ability to recognize a camouflaged infiltrator in stealth in a bush 50m away only comes with experience. And until that experience comes, they can use 3.4x - 4x to see that target better. Chances are, they would not have hit it anyway ;)
  9. Marxsbeard

I agree on the compensator, unless you're trying to reach out to longer ranges (which isn't really useful in most cases). I tend to only run the AMC if I think I can mostly keep out of hip fire range. And I forgot the HVA for another 100c.
  10. Marxsbeard

Once you learn to burst fire, the Jag can take down targets at medium range just as fast as the AMC. When another LA pops up on your roof, or you decide to balcony ambush, the Jag outclasses just about everything beyond shotgun range. (By "medium" I'm thinking top of two story to across a small courtyard. That might be medium-close to some.) Though the T5 AMC is easier for a beginner to learn to handle, and I wouldn't necessarily recommend against it if he's having accuracy issues or likes to stick to perches. It's a nice weapon for camping a Biolab center tower (which puts ground level out of Jag range).
    • Up x 1
  11. LibertyRevolution

Do NOT put a compensator on your T5-AMC, it destroys the guns ability to hipfire, and the recoil is so light you do not need it.
    The T5-AMC is actually reliable at hipfire, unlike the other factions longer range carbines, putting a compensator on takes away that.

My opinion is that the only thing the T5-AMC needs is the sights of your choice.
    The forward grip helps, but the gun has very manageable recoil to start with.
    HVA is unnecessary for this weapon, its the highest velocity carbine in the game @ 570m/s, for comparison the ACX-11 is 480m/s.
  12. reydelchicken

Like others have said, t5 amc with your scope of choice, and HVA + grip.

Compensator is not worth the hipfire reduction.

Also, don't mind others saying that you shouldn't use a 4x scope on the trac-5, it's not as off center as the dots, and scopes/optics in this games are totally up to preference, there is no real advantage to using a scope or another. Just make sure you setup your sensitivity accordingly (ADS sensitivity should be 2x your hipfire sens, and scoped sensitivity should be 2x + 10 your hipfire sens).

I personally can use a 4x crosshair sight on fast firing weapons, MUCH better than I do with 1x/2x/3.4 dot or reflex sights.
  13. cruczi

Jaguar turns into 9-hit kill at 41 meters with SPA, T5 AMC at 49 meters with HVA. Starting from 41 meters, they have the same theoretical TTK, but T5 AMC has far better controllability. Beyond 49 meters, T5 AMC still wins easily because of accuracy, velocity and less steep damage falloff, although theoretical TTK is in Jaguar's favor. It's primarily a medium-long range carbine, but the low DPS doesn't start to work against you until you get into close quarters where engagements are harder to control.

I think Jaguar is more suitable as an all-purpose weapon for an Engineer who needs to raw DPS and mobility to survive encounters that a Light Assault would've avoided in the first place.
  14. cruczi

There's no reason not to use it, especially considering it's an advanced grip. Using the grip extends your effective range as it reduces horizontal jitter from 0.2 to 0.134. Only Mercenary and Pulsar C (and possibly AC-X11) have better horizontal recoil with grip.

HVA is primarily used to improve damage at range, not velocity, despite what the name suggests. Yes, 570 m/s is fine at T5 AMC's effective range, but using HVA pushes the effective range further by at least 10 meters.
  15. SacredRay

I didn't know the T5 AMC was that powerful a weapon. My TR Engineer and LA are literally going to waste and I got the weapon for free!
  16. Lethal_Sting

Has something [negative] changed about the T5 in the last few months?

I swore it was a monster at range, like something you would expect from the battle rifles. But as of late, something just seems...off.

Using the same setup I had from months back: T5, 2x, AFG, HVA.

On second thought, they did fiddle around with HVA not too long ago.
  17. Iridar51

They only buffed HVA by 80% for carbines. No nerfs or anything. It's all in your head, man :p
  18. consciousvillan

thanks for the help guys, its this sort of decision making about the weapon choices and the engagement from the community that helps make this my online fps and drop things like bf 3..
    will go with the T5 AMC.. just for the record i got the x2 for the trac 5 but went with the 4x for out door combat. now i have the battle rifle for the heavy assult for long range i still seem to use the 4x on the carbine i find it allows me to control recoil on target at medium range and at short i just hip fire..
    how ever i still have a lot to learn about maximizing my effectiveness as la
  19. consciousvillan

thanks for the advice
    also ive been advised from u tube vids to lower my scoped sensativety to allow me to be more percise with my aiming and ive found it really helps.. at least untill i get a 3000 dpi gaming mouse where i change the dpi on the fly
  20. LibertyRevolution

Scoped Sensitivity only effects 6X scopes and higher.
    Play with your Aimed sensitivity (ADS), it effects your irons-4X scopes.

Low sensitivity will help with precise aiming, but if it is too low, then plays will just run circles around you when you ADS.
    If you run a low ADS sensitivity you will have no choice but to hipfire at all targets that are closer than 10m.
    If you ADS, they will just run by you and kill you before you can even turn your screen to find them.

I have my ADS sensitivity higher than my hipfire sensitivity.
    This make it so how much I move my mouse in while ADS, it moves my crosshair the same amount as if I was not ADS.
    So if I want to do a 180º turn, ADS or not ADS, I move the mouse the same amount.

You should really play with it and find whats works best for you.
    Far as on the fly DPI changing.. the game has separate sensitivity for Scopes, ADS, hipfire, Vehicles, and aircraft.
    The only time I use my on the fly DPS button is to put it on super slow for my AV mana turret.
    I'm just saying as far as games needing on the fly DPS, this one actually gives you a lot of sensitivity options.

Also, what server are you playing TR on?