T2 Striker - Confirmed coyote mechanics

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kociboss, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Kociboss

• Up x 10
  2. jiggu

Higby said this in twitter days ago
    • Up x 1
  3. Goretzu

This is probably a good thing, so long as it doesn't result in the Striker ruling the air and ground again.
    • Up x 2
  4. Zotamedu

Now I'll buy it. When it's finally not just another Annihilator.
    • Up x 1
  5. Kociboss

Ah, sorry for spam then I missed that. (I don't use twitter)
    • Up x 6
  6. Archiadus

I'm glad that we've got people like the OP that keep us up to date with all the information that's important, you know, the stuff that doesn't get posted on the forum by anyone official...
    • Up x 12
  7. CaptAmazing

Yep, hope the fix comes soon.
    • Up x 1
  8. FieldMarshall

Also glad OP posted this.
    Hate how keeping track of facebook, reddit, secret homepage and twitter for all the devs is required for updates on stuff that could be posted on the "official" forums.
    Also, "Official News and Announcements" is not the place to look for official news and annoucements... Because why not.
    • Up x 7
  9. Nexus545

And I refuse to use Twitter as I'm not a peasant. Twitter is not an acceptable form of news feed for the devs.
    • Up x 7
  10. jiggu

But the middle of some dude's twitch stream is better? I agree with you, devs should use these forums much much more, but they don't.
    • Up x 2
  11. Iridar51

Hallelujah!
  12. Aegie

Finally, so many of us have been asking for Coyote mechanics for a long time (over a year now I think). Looking forward to seeing what this can do.
    • Up x 2
  13. Pikachu

I might get the weapon now.
  14. sindz

Hopefully it wont be full kiddy mode like the old striker was.

And now hopefully VS will see something done to either, spiker, phaseshift, zoe, AR's, LMGS beyond SVA and orion
  15. Flag

Hm, now the TR has to aim their launcher.

Hue.
    • Up x 3
  16. Mxiter

I don't care to lock aircrafts: annhi & G2A does the job.

I only want to be able to hit maxes and turrets at 300m
  17. Archiadus

It'll be the official end of ever having a chance to hit air if it'll work exactly the same as coyotes, they already did their best to make it horrible against air but that would put the final nail in the coffin :p.
    • Up x 1
  18. Stigma

If this goes through I'd be very surprised if it homed in on turrets. MAXes - almost certainly not. It would be pretty OP if you could just spam this into a room and have it automatically lock on to MAXes inside the room around corners.

Have to say I'm generally not a huge fan of all these lockon weapons in general, but I guess it's better than having a empire spesific launcher that is just useless and made redundant by other launchers.

-Stigma
  19. Kite Carling

Will this allow us to dumbfire it at maxes and turrets (providing no nearby vehicle attracts a lock) or does it require some form of proximity targeting to fire?
  20. Flag

Probably dumb-fire, and it'll home in on the relevant vehicles by proximity.
    Get ready to lead.