European Server Status

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noppa

I don't get it how some people have FPS issues with better PC:s, my minimum fps is around 60-70 on the biggest fight i can find at Miller with the setup on my signature...

Just remember to keep shadows OFF and particles low / med and most of the people should have decent fps!
  2. day ofm one

Do whatever you can do whenever you have to do it ;)

Don't forget to take some outtimes for yourself!
  3. GlueHead

Cobalt atm:
    *Insert "logging in..."-gif*
  4. Grayson

any ETA on the fix..or ninja tweet?...anything?
    I cant even waste my free time here....EU is UNPLAYABLE, and the constant tactic....*cough* i mean zerging gameplay aren't helping
  5. DualDesertEagle

To make up for that u could finally add the promised-ages-ago mouse yaw option for aircraft so ppl who just don't get the hang of the crappy default flight controls are finally enabled to aim precisely!
  6. LabMaus

^
  7. GaiusJuliusCeasar

Primetime saturday night and ......nothing(COBALT), ohhh and to mock us, it is reported as "UP" great

How do you Guys expect to run a business when the thing is not working. the worst bit that there are no one around to even pretend that you are doing something. someone at SOE should have a foghorn goiing off anytime this or similar thread had a new post, and be ready 24/7 make some drivel post that "we are doing all that we can, and we are so sorry....." because the current state of no reaction whatsoever just........

how will you convice us that you even care if this Works or not? this is ridiculous. ofcourse i can use the downtime reading the T&C's to find out if I have to fight you to get my Money back or if you realise that YOU ARE NOT GIVING ME WHAT I AM PAYING YOU FOR.

@dualdeserteagle:get over it.
    bullet one,
    I don't fly as I suck at it which I suppose is your problem too, but these machines are too easy to fly as it is. if anything should be fixed it's that they should either be heli's, i.e. no looping, inverted flight etc. or planes ie. lower than X velocity = crash

bullet two.
    don't leave the continent when it Locks and you can fix to your Hearts content - ideally that would only mean the last base captured, or are you one of those slops that leave a base with wrecked generators and turrets - in which case you get no pity from me

bullet 3 is just drivel - there is no such thing as a fight that is none of their business, and a couple of planes is not a problem - imagine the surprise when you are hit by a third faction sundy train while in a 48+ x 2 fight, and third factions nearest base is in the other end of the map - but seriously that just adds spice to the fight. and i have yet to see someone successfully spawncamp a warpgate
  8. DualDesertEagle

Kiss my ***!
  9. ulceroso

This game has been unplayable for too much time. I bet they are doing what they can to get the servers working right, but someone doesn't want to invest the needed money. Well, their lose. People who will stop playing will not be back any time soon. And people who are paying will not think about giving them money again.
    • Up x 1
  10. Halo572

Your disbelief that you are paying for this doesn't even come close to my mind boggling disbelief that you are paying for this.

And I don't have that problem as I can proudly say I have never spent 1 unit of any of the smallest denomination of any currency you wish to think of on it.

Including shells, stones or any other token that could be used in place of recognisable currency.

You people pay for this? WTF OMFG.
    • Up x 1
  11. Orakel

Game is unplayable ...monster lag spikes with ping from above 100+ up to endless ...
  12. xtc

Here's for hoping they fix Miller soon and we get some compensation for nearly unplayable game experience for over a week now. Ping jumps between 100-1000ms and randow weirdness happening, probably due to it. Hit detection is now RNG in the evening time. I kill people when shooting way off target, when I hit the target, no detection.

SOE PS2 team I hope you had fun at SOE Live in Vegas, now it's time to get back to work and make the game playable again. Thanks.
  13. Botji

Ping going from +100 to 400ms at random, shooting people that die half a second later... being in a 1v1 gunfight not being hit once and thinking the guy is REALLY bad because of it, dies later when the guy finally gets his "first" hit with a carbine(full shield, full health 1hit KO carbine??).

Great fun.
  14. Brian van den Berg

Lying about doing something is worse than not saying that you are doing something at all. Alot of companies do this and luckily SOE is not one of them.
  15. RDKillerITA

Its the CPU!! You have a i5 with 4.5 GHz.
    I did a couple of test with my CPU. I have a i7 930 (a little old^^) with a base of 2.8 GHz. In big cluster****s( min 48vs48 ) i can't get fps over 30. After OCing my cpu to 3.4 GHz i did see some improvments (10-15 fps more than before). Now i have my cpu to 4.0 GHz and in same envoirment as before i get a steady 50+ fps.
    What i did see is if you have a CPU with min 4.0 GHz you can play decently ps2

ps: did forgot the tell that i have a geforce 780 GTX OC with a SSD and RAM of 12 GB
    • Up x 1
  16. Hypersot

So, is this where we're at? being *lucky* that we don't get answers because if we did they'd be lies?

GaiusJuliusCeasar is talking about lack of communication. Pointing out a sentence of what he said just to defend the company doesn't make sense since it's obvious that this forum is devoid of SOE's involvement.
    Just have a look at the technical support subsection and see who is actually doing technical support, it's 99% of the time the users.
  17. Noppa

Naah cant be the CPU cos ppl with Sandy/ivy/Haswell are getting the low fps.. i am 99% sure that most of the people play with wrong settings and try to use full ultra or high settings when clearly there ain't a PC in this world that can run this game at steady 60fps with full ultra on those bigger fights!
  18. RDKillerITA

Did forgot to mention that i have shadow off and particles on low.
    I also followed this performance guide: [Guide] Performance Guide

My thoughts are that the right tweaking can help a little but if you want the best expierence while playing ps2 you will need CPUs with a min of 4.0 GHz (And the best perfomance you can get is with intel CPUs. Ps2 doesn't like AMD CPUs^^)
  19. Brian van den Berg

You're thinking too far. I was just trying to say that SOE is not a company that tells lies about what they're doing or not. Where unlike some companies who promised stuff which never happened(on experience).
  20. MasterJohn99

once summer holidays are over there will be less issues with the traffic on the server. i must admit, being a prompt member of soe i have played less than 20% what i normally play due to lag with 162mb connection with 100+ ping, so i have put my time into other games, so soe you should have seen the fact that a server merge would bring back old players and your on your way to loosing them again. if you can manage to run the Main US server, but cant workout it on the EU, then someone is making you work harder, why not start with what you already know and go from there. "if its not broken dont try and fix it"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.