Anyone else still here from Beta/Launch?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Aug 17, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

I've been here since Beta. I'm really curious to hear from other folks who have been here since the beginning of the game. What do you think of the current gameplay? or about the development and how the game was managed? The releases, updates, communication, etc?
  2. Zenox

Been around since Alpha and I'm still waiting for some of the bugs, problems and issues I raised back then to be addressed. I've not been playing constantly since then mind due I took 6 months off it because the game was pissing me off so much.
  3. FateJH

Joined December 2012.
    No actual long-lasting complaints. No current complaints.
    Except that everyone else complains too much about everything.
    • Up x 8
  4. Sebastien

Still here from Launch
  5. LIKE A BOSS!

I've been here since launch and beta. Things that I don't agree with is nerfing everything in game instead of buffing the things that are UP. Also waiting months to make these changes.
    • Up x 1
  6. KlyptoK

I think the game is in a much better place than what it was in beta. Still some old bugs that really piss me off after playing for too long, but it's shaping up pretty well.
    • Up x 1
  7. EliteEskimo

I've been here since Beta. It's been sad to see things take such a horrible turn towards infantryside 2 where non rendering infantry AV is deemed acceptable and ES AV/AI weapons are horribly balanced. I've gone from 20-25 FPS since OMFG 1 to an unplayable 12 FPS. I've seen Esamir go from an awesome tank continent to Wallamir, and have seen infantry and their weapons buffed tremendously while vehicles have gotten nerfed into the ground against them. I was dissapointed to find that after all this time Higby doesn't even more than an hour in any MBT. That being said...

I'm glad to see the gradual transition to PS1 mechanics/feautres, and the implementation of Hossin, the Harasser, and the upcoming Valkyrie. The overall balance between the ESF's and MBT's is very good outside of the ES weapons. The upcoming ANT and Colossus should do wonders to improve the vehicle gameplay even more.

TLDR: I've been dissapointed, but the game remains fun, keeps me coming back for more, and hopeful for new additions.
    • Up x 8
  8. Devrailis

I've been here since launch and don't plan on abandoning ship, or NC anytime soon.
    • Up x 1
  9. Cest7

Since beta, still going strong.
  10. siiix

i'm but just barely.. i truly dislike what the game has become ...its boring but i check back all the time with hope.. so far just to be even more disappointed :(

bugs where never that big issue for me.. i miss the old game play .. and this new directive point system ?! i mean WTF you cant even spend directive points, so why bother, same with new resources mega lame !

i wish they would have a classic server :'/
  11. Allin

Alpha! Still having fun. This game outlived both BF3 and BF4 for me, and Battlefiels was always my favourite franchise. Now, that's my Battlefield. It has it's flaws, but at least it goes somewhat forward, not backwards as BF does.

Don't mind the creation date of my current toon. I tend to delete all characters after a long break. Stupid, yes, but I wear my Alpha Squad emblem on it proudly.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

I came here 23rd november 2012. Made an NC character on LithCorp but could not log in because it was full, 2000 players on all 3 continents.
    • Up x 1
  13. doombro

Hi. Can't believe it's been that long.

I think the worst change so far was the lattice, honestly. They basically shoehorned a PS1 system into the game without including the other features from PS1 that made that system actually work. And instead of fixing or tweaking the system to work for PS2, they just forced more rushed systems into the game so that the broken system became more bearable.

For clarity's sake, I say this because the lattice took a game that before was dynamic, albeit unbalanced, and made it extremely static; balanced to a fault.
    • Up x 1
  14. St0mpy

*nods a hi

still here
  15. Paragon Exile

I was here at launch, then left a week later because my old computer ate so much **** and couldn't play club penguin if it tried.

Game is much better now though, with balance, lattice and the optimization passes being godsends.

Wish there were more vehicles and deployables though :(
  16. Alexanor

Still here!
  17. zombielores

Here since alpha, took a break at the end of ZOE and Strikers OP life span, honestly most of the changes are nice but recently they changed it to infantry side 2 because people can't seem to wear flak armour but the most change you'll probably see is the community from NC UP and need to l2p to NC OP and skillless scrub that need to be nerfed while my faction need to be buffed because we have UP weapons.

Source : ZOE and Striker Era forums compared to current forums.
  18. EViLMinD

I haven't stopped playing since beta. Despite the technical/design mishaps, and the community grumbles and departures, this game still fascinates me. A one of a kind experience; full of challenges and excitement. Lots to do.

My biggest grips are bad support players (piss me off)... the bugs (esp the one that kill-eject me from my veh)... and i really wish we had more tools for coordinating our empires.

Also, i want a double barrel-shotgun for NC. Just NC. We only ones sexy enough to have it.
    • Up x 1
  19. Kedyn

I've been playing since around alpha/beta. I didn't play that much before release, but I bought Alpha Squad and never regretted it. I've also taken a few needed breaks, and recently returned after about 7-8 months. Playing the game now, I really enjoy it again! The resource changes (especially after the recent hotfix) are nice, even though there are now a bit too many vehicles and MAX's around. Implants aren't as stupid as I had worried they would be, and Directives seem like a nice way to reward players that have had a focus on one character (which, unfortunately, I haven't).

I'm glad I am not the only one that doesn't like the lattice changes. The hex system gave some pretty dynamic small group fights between squads trying to capture smaller bases, especially all of the small bases in northwestern Indar. Except when the Libs came to farm.

However, I can see why they made the changes. Ghost capping was stupid, and while people weren't *forced* to capture adjacent hexes, an empire that does not do this is at a severe disadvantage.
  20. Irrelevant--

Still here. Wish I had my old Carv. Things are pretty well balanced with a few exceptions.
    -Don't like all the ads.
    -Don't like no SC sales any more.
    -Directives are sweet. Haven't had anything to grind for since, well, ever.