Increase FPS by forcing 32bit client.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by EddieCarbone, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Omie

Ok haha, thanks for the clarifications.
  2. EddieCarbone

You're welcome, bro.
  3. FBVanu

does this trick also prevent frequent game crashes?
  4. EddieCarbone

Maybe, not sure. Only one way to find out :)
  5. FBVanu

somewhere in the forum notes for optimization SOE said that the PS2 files are already "large address aware"... ?
  6. EddieCarbone

Oh, I didn't know that. I guess it can't hurt, anyway...
  7. ollister

i dont think you understood my post let me explain again

the reason you see inproved FPS is from the changes made to the UserOptions.ini file
    notice memory intensive features are turned off like shadows, flora, etc. for example.

you not seeing improved fps from forcing 32bit take it from someone that knows
  8. Irathi

I have to agree with ollister on this subject. I saw an fps increase when the 64 bit version was released.

If the 64 bit version is more plagued by memory leak then it is the removal of the leak that improved your fps, not the 32 bit it self. Eventually they will fix the 64 bit memory leak (I don't notice any leak btw).
  9. MasterDemoman

Ever since the 64 bit update I still haven't even been able to run 64bit anyway because of whatever ****e reason, and have still been doing the old fashioned cave-man "rename files" tactic. After the update I'm pretty sure I'm getting lower FPS even though I never even used 64x... But y'know, placebo and all.

I'll do this anyway to stray from my caveman ways, and evolve before I perish.
  10. EddieCarbone

I'm not blind. I'm pretty sure I can tell if my fps is higher or lower than it was before. I had the exact same useroptions settings using the 64bit client and it ran horribly.
  11. ollister

12. ollister

i doubt it, i run 32 bit everyday, theres no performance increase to speak of
  13. EddieCarbone

I dunno, but for me the fps is better and much more stable with less dips. On the 64 bit client my fps could go from 60 to 20 for no reason all of a sudden and that doesn't happen when I use the 32 bit client so... :/