Am I the Last Non-Implant User?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lection, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Rayden78

Doesnt help me .. but i know the average magrider drives 3m does an orientation stop .. drives again ;) then EOD may be useful ^^
  2. Captain Kid

I often forget or can't be bothered to click 5 times just to charge a charger. Wish we had a faster way to choose and use a charger.
  3. Crator

Same for me... I should be easier to manually consume a charger imo... Either that, or make it so we can enable/disable the implant with a keyboard button. Then I would just use the auto-resupply feature for the charger...
  4. Chiss

I have Regeneration II equipped on all of my load-outs, but i dont use any batteries.

If i'm ever in a situation where i really need to heal, i just quickly use a battery, and it kicks into effect. Pretty handy sometimes.

Though no, i pretty much never use them.
    I've collected these from a few hours of play per week.
    [IMG]
  5. Negator

Why would you ignore blatant advantages? Are you ignorant?
  6. TheReaperKing82

I haven't used them much because I am still trying to build up to a one I like. I use marker on my lasher heavy but that's only pulled out in specific scenarios. I figure I am just going to collect implants and create new ones till I find something I really like and by then, I will have a bunch of chargers saved up too.
  7. ronjahn

I started out in the same boat as you and didn't use them for a month or so after release. Then I figured out how easy it is to maintain a charge and obtain t3 implants, and now I have every class and loadout equipped with the tier 3 implant that best suits the classes role, and also have a stockpile of ultra charges for when I run out of energy. And I haven't spent a cert or SC on them yet.

The gains you get are marginal, but there is really no reason to avoid using them. Every little bit helps.

To everyone saying they only use t1 regeneration, I highly recommend upgrading that to t3 at least on your assault oriented loadouts. The difference is very noticeable. It's almost as if you have a permanant medic aura around you. You will need more energy but you already know how easy that is to obtain, so DO IT!
  8. Yeahy

I use enhanced targeting on my esf and sometimes on my lib. It helps a good amount for esf and a little bit for lib. It's mainly just nice to know how much health they have left.
    I currently have over 20 chargers and about 99,000 implant energy as well as an ultra charger :D
  9. Copperhead

Just recently decided to do a clean-up of my level 1 implants and to try and get some level 3's. Having not bothered with the system too much I had over 60 of each level 1 implant(now 30) and I think I have at least 1 of every implant now with 240 chargers and 99,000 energy. I really don't understand how SOE thought this would be a great way of making money. I'm an average player at best and feel that I'm not at a disadvantage for not using the implants.
  10. ajma

Congratulations. Have a cookie.
  11. Yeahy

Implants do help though.
    Using regen on c4 LA is nice.
    Battle hardened is quite good too.

Any implant does help you because they're all straight buffs. But nobody uses them because the buffs are so minimal that nobody cares
  12. Lection

Actually, it's because the time it takes to consider the advantage of using that one implement for the job, i could have done it already and helped out my faction, my squad mates, and/ or my friends without it.

Sooner or later i'll get the hit detection implant that spots every enemy that hits me, or use the T1 regen implant i already have, but until then, i'm doing just fine without.
  13. Negator

battlehardened on everything. done.
  14. -Synapse-

I don't use them. I dunno why, it just feels wrong to have something very situational constantly draining energy.
    • Up x 1
  15. Thardus

I have them for all my loadouts, but honestly, they're almost never charged. The difference they make is negligable.
  16. Champagon

Never touched implants, don't need em, don't want em. Not in THIS current form anyway. I have a massive stack of implants that i haven't touched nor will i ever.
  17. Ohaunlaim

didnt use implants.

thought it would be funny to convert everything to energy (and maybe run a small city with it all).

discovered there was a ceiling to how much energy you could carry. Was sad.

put on advanced targeting, cause it was the rarest one in my pool (only one of them where others were stacked in the 30's).

My game play stayed the same, my KD, stayed the same, my... lets just say nothing changed.
  18. illgot

the only one I want to use is the range finder for sniping. Just saves me a bit of time dropping a personal waypoint to calculate distance.

after figuring out how the implants work I won't even bother using them. Range Finders should be in all scopes.
  19. DorianOmega

used to be a no implant user until i racked up like 25000 energy from drops, still have like 10000 to be added and enough implants to craft all the tier 3 implants I want without ever buying a pack for money or cert now, there is just no reason not to use em at this point, there a whole other perk set that can be extremely useful, falling damage especially.
  20. andy_m

No.