[Video] NC6A GodSAW Gunplay

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by CerealBox, Aug 12, 2014.

1. CerealBox

Bloom and CoF make this gun really difficult. But one of my favorite parts about the GodSAW is that is has 150 bullets at 200 DMG a piece.

• Up x 2
  2. Bankrotas

Honestly, I don't really approve of your playstyle, but it's a choice. Wrong choice for you, but you have a right to do it. The only guy who even was a challenge for you was BR100 are others really that bad at shooting in Connery?
  3. Easir

As a JENK Officer, I must disapprove ;)

Awesome gameplay! I always love fighting you and your Recursion friends, keeps things interesting and challenging!
  4. Casterbridge

What was wrong with his playstyle? Do you mean the sunderer camping he did a bit of?
  5. Bankrotas

One of biggest things that kept ticking me off, that he only tried to finish off sunderrers and steal the kill, while others were working on it. In my not so humble opinion, it's a ******* scummy thing to do.

There might be some other things, but I hate to delve in these things too much, it's his playstyle and, if he were in my outfit, I'd criticize him more, he's not, so I try not to.

You guys need to do some training for your guys, internal outfit scrims etc. Speaking of which, I'm gonna do those too.
  6. Exploding Fist

To be fair, the Gauss/Godsaw has the longest equip time, which makes it hard to rocket things (like maxes) and reload (which is also long) without going back to safty. Even more so if you're using a foregrip (and you usually do). So if you see hostiles in shooting range, it's better to take them out first because if they shoot you when you're going for that sunderer with your stick out, you won't have time to swap back before death, and die holding your stick.

What you're seeing is the proper way to use the gun. If you're going to swap weapons around or do a lot of hip fire, you're better off using the Anchor or Gauss Saw S.
  7. Bankrotas

I'm never fair. To me, sunderer is greater priority than kill farming. I focus fully on it and 2 heavies focusing on Sundy is better, let the other personell deal with spawning threat.

You meant GD-22S, GSS only has 0.25 better hipfire while moving than EM1/EM6 and 0.75 over NC6(/A), while LA1 and GD-22S have 1.25 CoF advantage over them and better moving CoF
  8. bubbacon

You call that bad Bloom and CoF. Go play around with a TMG-50 sometime.
  9. Robertooooo

Wut? TMG-50 is very easy to control :D
    • Up x 1
  10. Bankrotas

Now that an issue of L2P.
    • Up x 1
  11. bubbacon

Hmmm...really? The TMG 50 was the first weapon in game I Auraxed, so I think I know a little bit about the history and current state of this weapon. Obviously you haven't read Nakar's thread on Horizontal Tolerence, which is probably one of the most informative reads a player can read in this forum.

HT on the SAW@0.525...HT on the TMG-50@0.7

That's a measurable difference. The SAW is so good it ranks just below TRs most reliable LMG(The Bull) @0.5

Anyways, while your Learning 2 Play, try to Learn to Reserch B4 you throw blind accusations at someone.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...-potential-impact-on-weapon-selection.191159/
  12. Casterbridge

These last few posts make no sense.

TMG-50 actually does have better CoF and Bloom per shot than regular Saw or GodSaw from everything I can see, unless I'm reading old stats, regardless of whether or not it does or doesn't that has nothing to do with an issue of L2P.

The TMG-50 does have very high horizontal tolerance (according to the post listed), especially when compared to the Saw/GodSaw and is also a stupid trait to have in what is supposed to be the TR Longer Range LMG, but has nothing to do with the original comment about having a higher CoF and bloom.
  13. RaivokasMagma

Was that Lamb of God that playing on the video? I've only heard two songs from them and it sure sounded like it.

I have to wonder, why everyone else has better luck it Gauss/Godsaw in CQC enviroment? I always suck, so I have to switch to Jackhammer or GD-22S.
  14. Casterbridge

Gauss Saw sucks at CQC for most people because it's probably the worse hip fire gun in the game, I've seriously had bullets hit the person next to my target at times when I try and hip fire it.

If you are using it at close range you still want to aim your shots, make sure your using either the irons or 1x, and try to avoid hipfire whenever possible and, be very good at switching to your side arm and knife when necessary. The damage it does at close range is monstrous though.

Both the options you listed are better CQC weapons, as well as the anchor.
  15. bubbacon

Aye, my point is that the SAW's weaker CoF and Bloom,( compared to the TMG 50's), is more than compensated by its superior Horizontal Tolerance, which imho, makes it a far more reliable weapon than the TMG-50. On the other hand, the TMG-50s tighter CoF and Bloom(compared to the SAW) are diminished drastically by its higher HT.

Bottom line...and its just my opinion...the SAW is a much tighter and reliable LMG by comparison to the TMG-50.
  16. Nakar

Bad tolerance is really the TMG's only weakness (well that and lower than average DPS, which is normally not a huge factor at a distance). Unfortunately tolerance is a really, really important stat. But hey, still better than the Orion and CARV, and people love those!
  17. Schwak

I wonder if it would have killed SOE to give us weapons worth using maybe even a little stronger/accurate then the current bests for getting 5 freaking auraxiums to unlock the guns.
  18. KnightCole

as an exmag NC6, it should have an advantage over the standard guass saw atleast in it's moving CoF bloom, so you can assault move with it better.
  19. CerealBox

Thanks for all your questions, if you have any feel free to ask and hopefully I'll get to them soon.

Yes. It is Lamb Of God's song One Gun. I felt that it is proper for a beast like the GodSAW. And in this case, something special resonated with the line "So let the wicked perish in the presence of god." Just something cool to match the weapon with I guess.

And about the CQC stuff. The gauss SAW/GodSAW have a slow rate of fire which greatly affects it's style in CQC. It rewards players who can land their shots and punishes players who can not. Meaning, as long as you can land each bullet in CQC, you will generally do fine. With that in mind, the NC-Mag Shot is also a 14 round 200 damage weapon up to (8m?) which means it's a close range gauss SAW you can hipfire whenever you feel you need to.
  20. GrandpaFlipfox

Just got my own GODSAW yesterday and put 200 kills on it today. People were right, the cone of fire penalty effectively kills it. Other than looking awesome I don't see a reason to use it over the standard SAW or EM6.

I think I'm going to shelve it until it gets a balance pass.
    • Up x 1