[Suggestion] LINEAR ELECTROMAGNETIC MURDER ACCELLERATORS - no more shotguns, give us RAILGUNS, or give us DEATH

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrNature72, Jun 9, 2014.

1. Velicc

GODSAW pls
  2. jiggu

Give NC MAX proper railguns
    give TR MAX proper gatling guns
    give VS MAX energy swords and wings, they can go play anime while the big guys fight eachother with real guns
    good?
    • Up x 6
  3. irishroy

Good.
  4. Schizomatic

You will take DEATH, and you will like it.
  5. Biscuit.

Cue this noise:

In all seriousness though, NC are not great at ranged vehicle combat.
  6. Boogra

As someone who plays NC exclusively, I concur. We ARE the shotgun faction. Shotguns on the Medic. Shotguns on the Engineer. Shotguns on the LA. Shotguns on the HA and Shotguns on the MAX. Dual Shotguns at that. Automatic ones.

Yeah. We're the shotgun faction. I'm sorta fine with that.
  7. William Petersen

HELLS TO THE YEAH! RAILGUNS FOR EVERYONE!!! (everyone blue anyway...)

I'd give up my shotguns for some good Railgun goodness.
    • Up x 1
  8. Chazt

This thread just needs to stay alive for all time, really. I am pretty sure everyone on the NC would appreciate less shotguns and more weapons that are actually unique.
  9. RykerStruvian

Chiming to show support. Loved the NC since 2003 and would love for more unique NC weapons. This rail idea makes sense. And to be honest, the other factions should be unique. I think it would be easier for SOE to take baby steps as opposed to asking for a huge change like this, so the first thing SOE can do is give the Vanguard a more unique primary weapon style. A railgun makes sense.

Even when PS2 first came out, the NC GD-7 was pretty much a TR weapon. SMGs and shotguns closed the gap between all the factions really. I left anything VS specific out because they're pretty samey with nothing unique other than they shoot lasers.
    • Up x 1
  10. Saool

Urg. That NC logo in an American flag is making me consider deleting my NC characters. Although it does rather sum up why I try to destroy them with my VS main.
  11. Waratorium

I thought all NC specific guns, shotguns included, were railguns. (Hence Gauss Rifle, Gauss Saw, etc etc)
  12. Atis

Nah, just think of running NC as proper roleplay of bad guy. Abundance of no-aim-shotguns, shields to cowardly hide behind, constant talks about bonus cheques and freedom to ruin everyones life, emblem with yellow symbolical cradle you ate baby from - what else could you wish to genuinely feel like scum of earth? Appropriate flag of course.
  13. Saool

Quite. It just evokes images of 'Freedom': Freedom to destroy your country, freedom to rebuild it with our contractors, freedom to steal and exploit all your resources, freedom to charge you for breathing, freedom to impose a right wing capitalist system on you to privatise maximised profits whilst publicising the risk.

As opposed to say, freedom from people trying to take away your freedom.
  14. Waratorium

They could have cast the NC in this game as a liberal utopia in which everything is perfect, but that would have strained the believability a bit. A future united-states analog that mouths platitudes about freedom while accepting bribes and profiting from arms trading is a far more realistic and well written faction.

The clever thing the creators of planetside did is make it so there is no clear "good" or "bad" faction. The NC are arguably a corporate backed terrorist faction. The Vanu are a weird alien cult that wants to brainwash you. The TR are a totalitarian regime that wants to impose its will on you.

This is a war game after all- you need the factions to have endemic flaws for a scenario to exist in which they all fight each other endlessly. If say, two of the factions were genuinely, completely morally good, those two factions would quickly unite and crush the evil faction, then we would have peace, and while peace is undoubtedly a good thing, it makes for a boring wargame.
    • Up x 1
  15. Saool

Oh don't get me wrong, I think it is good in a backstory way. I understand that in Planetside (1) the NC where much more clear cut good guys without the 'Capitalist backing' angle. I think it is better to have all empires as shades of grey, or as someone said different equally bad dystopian futures.

But every time I see the US flag with guns etc I see all the bad things about the US political system and I am having a dig at it. Of course the US has some great things about it. Mostly it's fantastic landscape and it's great, freindly (normal) people.
  16. QuantumSerpent

That would be awesome (and I don't play NC). I get excited when someone shoots me with a Railjack because RAILGUN.

It does seem kind of weird that the entire game has one railgun. I mean... it takes place what, 800 years from now? And we already have railguns...
  17. MrNature72

And now our only true Railgun, the Railjack, is outclassed by the new reward weapons or whatever :C

RIP Railgun, hello Moonshot. Or whatever.

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.
  18. IvanCGray

This thread merited the self-bump because the intro post is EPIC.

Personal thought; Give us a triple barrel, break-action shotgun with electromagnetic rails jury-rigged onto each barrel. High risk, high reward, 3 shots or 1 triple shot, 2 fire modes, ONE HELL OF A LOT OF RAILGUN IN YOUR FACE. Let it have a fast reload, but make it build heat over time, the more it's fired; get too aggressive, and risk being unable to use your weapon for a long few moments while it cools down.

Genudine Physics MX-BUSTER plz.
  19. ComradeHavoc

RAILGAWWWWNNNZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!
  20. IvanCGray

RAILGAWWWNNNNZZZZZZZ NAAAAAAAAOOOOOOWWWWWWW. Seriously, just make our MAX arms stop firing buckshot and slugs, and make each barrel on them function like a Railjack.