European Server Status

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d_carey Developer

First off, I want to apologize on behalf of SOE and myself for the poor service since the merges. We completely understand how frustrating this is, and I guarantee we are treating this as an all-hands on deck issue. From our buildmasters to the CTO of SOE, everyone who can help is involved.

The current status is that we're switching out several aspects of our hardware and software configurations. When possible, we are doing this during off peak hours. However, this is a complex system, and when the load hits new issue appear that need tweaking and adjustments, which may require locks. The goal is to be up and running as soon as humanly possible, but that requires potentially locking during peak hours. The good news are that these locks are not just to temporarily alleviate the problem, they are concrete steps in the right direction to a permanent solution.

As I said elsewhere, the hardware is a short term fix to get you guys back in game without problems. Longer term, we are refining how we handle our data and making sure to streamline it as much as possible to avoid future issues like this.

Thanks for hanging in there.

-David
    • Up x 41
  2. iccle

Thanks for the update.
    Please keep us updated at your earliest convenience, not knowing what or why is the worst
    • Up x 9
  3. VonStalin

hi, would like to ask a simple question.
    on CS-GO or 1.6 european servers (germany, nederlands, norway..) I get 20~40 ping, but on ps2 EU servers I get 70-150 ping.
    just addressing the issue, because it is a bit weird.
    • Up x 1
  4. faykid

Thank you for the response and care!
  5. Lazaruz

"All hands on deck" during SOE Live?
    • Up x 1
  6. ReformerTR

David is in the office on his own. The rest are at SOE Live.
  7. _CLU_

Thank you for the update David.
  8. Kunavi

You want 20$ for a Twitch pass, but it's been a YEAR and I get 20 FPS and 200ish ping, plus hit detection issues and so on? -.- In any case, thanks for the heads up. I'm so looking forward to dropping in large scale slide shows, there are Repairs to be done, Ammo packs to be placed and cigarettes to be smoked while I harvest XP. One screen shot at a time. On an I7 3770 @ 3.6 + 16GB DDR3, from an SSD, with an ASUS MB and with a connection which gives me an average of 40ish ping on any OTHER MMO. Let me add, for about 10Euro a month unless you want to knit pick.
    • Up x 5
  9. dnaRIP

Thanks for the update David!
  10. Thomas nielsen

Thanks for the update. [:)
  11. Agnt

Thanks for the update, but please get it out faster next time.
    Its 4th day with the issues and only word from SOE has been about 20$ SOE live tickets. Kinda like an insult to injury.....
    • Up x 2
  12. jOGI

It is not, NOT, the first time that the lack of communicaten upset the Gamers. "professional" means something else to me....
  13. BoucheDag

Thanks for the info David.
  14. d_carey Developer

Not everyone goes to SOE Live. Our team has about 20% attendance at the event.
  15. 3punkt14159

Thanks for the update also from me.

Bug,.. i am wondering, didnt you check out if miller can handle the "traffic" of the users before the merge??? Or did you just the merge, and then lets look if it works,..?? It sounds like that,..
    • Up x 1
  16. Cpt. ButtonBasher

Better fix fast cos lockout after lockout is gonna make you lose players faster than you think, And before you know it you lost half the players and the server merge would have been for naught.
    • Up x 3
  17. JackSparrov

Gerçekten Ben Soe yetkililerin bu sorunu düzelteceklerine inanıyorum onlarda böyle bir sorun çıkmasını istemezlerdi, bu sorunların düzelmesini isterkende biz oyuncularda böyle bir güzel oyunu tasarlayan yetkililere biraz daha sakin olmaya çalışalım.
  18. Metawulf

****storming teenagers are the best.
    Not even basic understanding of heavy-load systems, but lot of noise.

Keep it up, David! -)
    • Up x 3
  19. JesusVoxel

Double XP time.
    • Up x 5
  20. narfster

Any information when Miller is up again today?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.