WHERE IS THE HEAVY SHIELD NERF?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by topblackbirdy, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Klypto

You can't be serious. Do you even Resist bro?
  2. reydelchicken

Or, just remove HA and let other classes use the guns :)

I would love to use a gauss saw with my LA or an MSW-R with my infiltrator :rolleyes:
  3. void666

Though i hate HAs with all my heart they are suposed to be tough to kill.
    I too play a lot as smg infiltrator and 9 times out of 10 i die when i face a HA.
  4. miraculousmouse

Then dont face him bruh. Ambush his *** and dump lead into his head.

PS i play SMG HEAVY :D
  5. SharkSpider

Learn to play, if you lose after shooting first from behind you can't aim worth ****.

HA nerf's unnecessary and hopefully the devs set their heads straight and decided not to do it.
  6. Latrodectus

7. acksbox

Probably some airsoft weapon.

No.
  8. Renuse

I resent that comment. PDWs rock.
  9. DatVanuMan

WHERE IS THE HEAVY ASSAULT SHIELD NERF?
    How about nowhere, because it's never getting implemented:D
    • Up x 3
  10. miraculousmouse

How do you effectively use it on the heavy? I am dreading the pdw/mkv for the tempest unlock.
  11. Renuse

The PDW is a weapon focused on accuracy with hip-fire, and mobility. It is more of a medium-close weapon, not boasting a strong RPM, but a heavy hitting round instead. IMO the BEST attachments that compliment the PDWs stats are the Advanced laser sight, and Hollow Point ammunition, no sights, and nothing else on it. It presents a low profile on screen, an extremely tight reticule, and shooting on the go presents little to no increase in the cross-hairs when engaging the enemy. This allows for a strong A and D strafe, fast reload when ducking behind cover, and an outstanding consecutive head-shot fire ability, both semi, burst, and full auto. The recoil is 'up', so a loose 'claw' grip on the mouse allows for a player to easily compensate for the little recoil the weapon has. On top of the fact that its a NS weapon, the sounds it creates can send mixed signals over which faction is actually firing.

The most important thing to know though is that its not a SMG, its a bullpup design rifle, meaning the barrel is sunk into the length of the weapon, allowing for a more maneuverable weapon in CQB environments (and why the mag is in the back, because the end of the barrel is back there too.) You can easily engage targets up too 100 meters effectively with proper burst fire and leading (while hip-firing!)

To use it effectively you need to be moving, aiming at the head, and engaging at medium to close range.
    • Up x 1
  12. Renuse

If you don't believe me ill test server you. Also note I think i may be the top PDW user in the game atm.
  13. Renuse

Note: The MKV is more of a flanking weapon, big picture wise. Its COF is slightly greater than the PDW and range engagements are much more limited. I would class it as a close range weapon, but not something comparable the Armistice or the ES equivalent.
  14. Shaggath

I really undestand that is always the more insfested class who complain about heavy shield.

In the first draft infi haven't smg only weapon who need accuracy and gun and it was already playable and efficient into good hand.
    They introduce the more stupid weapon smg for infiltrator the weapon to overkill in all case you can't fail in cqc with that
    But sometimes an heavy can use her shield and have the time to put an headshoot and this need a nerf ...

The real question why heavy are so powerfull and we only see infi smg in this game ?

Please raise the game level remove smg infi to see real crossbow stalker user.
  15. Covah

Be glad they didn't stick to the BETA build of PS2 where infil had access to shotguns and C4
  16. SeraphC

Your TTK with body shots is like half a second. I don't see how you fail to kill them after managing to sneak up on them.
    • Up x 1
  17. Easir

Nerf unnecessary.

I just killed a HA (that had a jackhammer) as a LA in a head to head fight...

Got my first hate tell for it :D
    • Up x 1
  18. Velicc

Not there, not close, not happening.
    • Up x 2
  19. Nurath

I see the OP's mistake, he assumed the infiltrator was supposed to be an easy class to play rather than a more difficult one that requires thought.

Plus let's all be honest here, sooner or later even a 'good player' gets killed.

It's not hard to imagine that on a battlefield with tons of enemies all working to hurt you and your team, some of them are going to succeed.
    • Up x 1
  20. Reclaimer77

Then you're a really BAD SMG infiltrator.

You guys are a dime a dozen. You think you're The Predator, but you aren't. SMG infils can be OP, but you have to use some brains. You think I don't see your motion detector? So automatically I know you're around here somewhere, waiting to pounce. You think I can't hear that empire specific uncloaking sound from behind me? Damn straight I'm gonna pop my shield and mow you down.

If you really die to heavies 9 out of 10 times, your positioning and approach needs some work. Don't be so eager and think you can run up on a heavy and get an easy kill because he doesn't "see you".
    • Up x 3