Big Test update coming tonight (8/11)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 11, 2014.

1. RedOffensive

I don't know if this is where I post up the bugs found in this release but here goes. Before the patch, I use my keypad/number pad to control up/down/left/right/etc. and for my after burner for my lib was kp_enter. now every time I try to after burn it opens up the chatbox. I tried looked at the keybinding for open chat and it's bound to "enter" and my after burner is bound to "numpad enter" but after the patch it doesn't recognize numpad enter vs enter.

I tried to rebind my open chat to "space" bar. it'll say it's currently bound to something are u sure u want to rebind. after clicking on yes to rebind it shows me back to the keybind area and open chat still says "return" as the bound key. I hold esc to clear the bind and it just stays. pretty annoying..

and yes this keybinding set was working prior to this recent update for both test server and live server.
  2. Ronin Oni

PTS becoming more PTS?

Sounds awesome.
    • Up x 3
  3. Chewy102

8.8k MB for me. Haven't been on PTS since the Waterson/Mattherson merger smash. Kinda shows.
  4. GuardianAngel02SOE

Devs want to push more cool stuff on the test server, but it might be buggy.

Players want things that aren't bugged and glitchy.

We find a compromise and get nothing, but it's bugged and glitchy.
    • Up x 5
  5. FallenEncore

will this update make miller work properly again?
  6. Timithos

I haven't been paying attention recently to PTS, but I used to notice that a good 60%+ of the developed content was never tested on PTS, but on internal QA servers, where content was then transferred directly to Live bypassing PTS.

Are you saying that you are ending this practice, and that we're actually going to test just about everything on PTS?
  7. SevenTwo

I'd actually expect "buggy and glitchy" on the PTS - if features work as intended that's just a bonus. :D

At least I'd rather have features put on the PTS for a proper volume test with people nitpicking the hell out of the bugs, rather than somewhat untested features getting pushed to live resulting in massive downtimes for patching and maintainance.

Now, if only I could find enough time to spare to play regularly on both servers. :(
  8. RobotNinja

Sure...if you only have 450 nanites when you pull a tank, which costs 450 nanites and then you immediately die after pulling a tank and have zero boosts or bonuses...then at the maximum, you may have to wait 9 minutes. Not really the case though is it?
  9. iccle

In that case you can get two tanks in the space of 3 minutes but after that it takes 9 minutes to gain enough to pull a third.

(750-450=300), gain rate 50 per min = 3 mins to afford the second tank, thereafter you have zero resources and need 9 minutes to accumulate enough for your third.
    • Up x 1
  10. Anamit117

Does testing this patch give players the analyst helmet that'd be great ;D
  11. DatVanuMan

There is no vehicle. What sick treachery is this?
    • Up x 1
  12. Juno

I tweeted Carey this morning, he is working on it. It will be here today.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  13. DatVanuMan

Alright then. Thanks, man:D
  14. Juno

It's up, playing with it now.
    Horrible server disconnects though. Getting kicked every 60 seconds.
  15. Darth Oby

well i like the game lots....but its beta and new things and new bugs is better!
    and did i read "There's a certain new vehicle in the terminals...".....it better be a cool one :cool:
  16. Desann

So PS4, as in PlayStation 4??? I happen to have a PS4 (won it in a raffle, no joke). Will there be any kind of player beta test we can sign up for? I was part of the PS1 vet beta, and would love to give feedback on the PS4 version. I have extensive playtime on PS2 PC version and can give good insight to compare to the PS4 feel.

Thanks
  17. Desann

How dare you suggest such a wonderful idea.

SHAME....SHAME!!!!

The thresher was the best VS vehicle EVA!!
  18. Booface

Don't see why this is a problem. If you can't keep a tank alive for a matter of minutes (with even some forgiveness for your first pull), then what's wrong with being forced to sit out of the vehicle game to reflect on your errors for a little bit. If you have a gunner and swap tank spawning duties, your wait--assuming you die instantly when you pull a tank--is still only about the average wait of a round of Counterstrike... Hardly a steep price to pay for a device that can instantly throw your K/D into the double digits.
  19. iccle

It's not a complaint :p, i have 197 hours in a prowler so far so am pretty well practiced in keeping it alive. The point i was making is the reality is you cannot chain pull tanks. At the most you can get two in short order then you have to wait 6-9 minutes which even at this early phase of the resource update is an increase in wait time from previously (i had a max of 5 minute wait before).
  20. DiJane

I dont know where to place the bugs so I will place one bug I got to know today here:

When repairing the new valkyrie, the light dot of the repairing tool is set wrong. It is under the valkyrie, I think it should be in the middle of the aircraft like it is with the others.

Thats it for now. :D