EU Ping Issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Genetic, Aug 9, 2014.

1. JCorp

nice merge - lags spikes freezes
    new players to come and see - lags - leave
    old players already hate this patch and more my freunds stop play -(
    I will stop my membership now. it's time to take a break from planetside 2.
  2. A3DELITIST

So....just tried to checked my ping in game as usual because there have been some truly awful issues with lag and hits not registering only to find I can no longer view ping details, just tells me its "Good".

Thanks but id rather know for myself, seems they have removed the actual ping measurement. Whats up Sony? You guys embarrassed or something?

[IMG]
  3. tigerchips

It still shows for me. Maybe it's because you are on the death screen?
  4. TommyXXL

no word about this issue in the 11/8 game update..
    • Up x 1
  5. ReformerTR

I cannot play on Miller any more, awful hit reg and ping spikes. Emerald runs great tho with no problems. Im from the UK.
    • Up x 1
  6. gloowa

Was: Ceres - 90~130 ms.
    Is: Cobalt - 230~8000(!!!!)ms

wtf.
    • Up x 2
  7. detomasoSconX

before the merge ceres-cobalt i had on ceres 45-60 ping

now it is really horrible: btw. 100-500 and even drops to 1000+..

where the f... are the server hosted? china, congo?
  8. gloowa

Netherlands. As was Ceres, which is most puzzling.
  9. jollybadger

I am already used to playing with a ping bewteen 120ms and 300ms, but nowadays, it is closer to 2s more often than not.
    Hopefully, they'll figure out a way to fix this, because the game is not playable. And this isn't an attitude or opinion.
    At that ping, a lot of mechanics are simply broken, eg medkits, reviving, self healing via AOE etc.
    The hit detection is so bad, you can actually miss a still standing target on point blank range with a pump action shotgun.

If SOEs connection can't handle that many players, why did they merge the servers... Well, okay, I know why. But still. I'm unable to play right now. And this makes me unhappy.
  10. Weretiger

As a light assault, I can fly indefintiely with this lag lol. Everytime I let go of spacebar while flying, it's 100% refilled. Weeee~
    Also I don't understand why it says 500ms is "Good"
  11. gloowa

Just logged off from Cobalt. Unplayable. damage shows up up to 2 seconds (!) after making a hit. Pump Action shotguns deal no damage even on stationary targets from 2m. Entering and exiting a vehicle has 3 second delay. List goes on.

Please fix. Pretty please.
  12. Evil66

Can't play on Miller and Ceres :( i've got a ping more than 25.000ms.... SOE is that a joke? It's time to find a new game
    • Up x 1
  13. Genetic

HELLO is this thing on ??? , seriously SOE at least recognize there is some major issues here , you are already leaking players due to this after less than a week ,

Ping is bouncing all over the place and things arnt rendering that are 10 metres away ( just had my lightning destroyed by an invisible MAX unit , where i could see the raven missiles but not the actual MAX

Do we have to start flooding Smed's twitter to oget any sort of response , I've been a die hard planetside player since the beta of No.1 but this is just getting beyond joke now and I'm starting to hate the game that i fell in love with 12 odd years ago :(
  14. Robertooooo

Probably in Asia with recycled duct taped Soviet era servers. At least Cobalt have been this bad for months.
  15. MadMick86

Glad i aint the only one getting massive lag, ping ranges from 86-332ms both cobalt and miller!!. But create a new character ping to server is in the 40's also Ran a ping test miller avg 48, max 56, min 48. Game is unplayable in this state!

P.s 1000+ views on this topic must be a problem! half a server right there lol
  16. WUNDER8AR

hahaha same with the magburner. at times it felt like driving a Harasser when I was driving my Mag today.
  17. badname0909

The game is unplayable.

Before merge my ping was between 70-90.
    After the merge it was 140-190 and that was over the top already.
    And today the ping is jumping around from 180ms to 600ms.

I have no idea how what you did but somehow i believe the server isn't standing in the Netherlands anymore.
    I could be playing on a server in west Canada and would have a more stable ping.
  18. FightingFirst

Ive gone from 30 to 75 ping which was playable to 145+ which is unplayable, I shoot someone and they die 3 seconds later and vice versa.

Also, has anyone noticed the render distance has decreased massively or is it just me. Im having enemies and friendly pop up 15 to 30m in front of me.
  19. Zhakathoom

I just got off Miller with people walking in thin air, teleporting around and generally having the game do it's worst to throw me into an epileptic seizure.

Logged off and tried to log back on, but now I'm just stuck on "loading Character" indefinately..

Do I detect the faint smell of refund in the air..?

- Z
  20. Magma52

Entirely unplayable. Getting 130ms. Anything above 100ms is unacceptable for an online FPS.

Playing in the UK here. I used to get between 60ms - 80ms, which is just about OK. If it was above 80ms when I first played, I would never have bothered.

And the FPS drops and stutter since the large patch early last week only compound the issue.

If I have to play an online FPS with a handicap, I simply don't play. And I don't keep buying boosts.

Fix it.
    • Up x 2