Flashes Rule now.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TorigomaSET, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Prudentia

don't use racer
    i use the stability one for outdoor combat and thr manouver one for indoor
    nothing like killing a ScatMAX with a Renegade
  2. t31os

You can only use the cloak when you're infiltrator class, engineers(or any other class) cannot engage the cloak.
  3. DFDelta

Easy workaround:
    Spawn engi, spawn wraith flash with fury.
    Generously apply C4 to flash.
    Switch to infiltrator.
    Drive invisible flash to sundy and hug it.
    Decloak and fire fury into sundy.
    Explode in glorious fireball (also instakill any non-blockade non-shield sundy and every other vehicle in the game)

Works best in towers, where there is a infantry terminal next to the vehicle spawns.
  4. p10k56

Soe do everything to lose players. One would thing that wraith cloak was enough
    and Soe will nerf it somehow (at least limit max speed of flash when on) or forbid weapons on cloaking flash.
    But no they add stalker jerk.

What next jetpack for infiltrator or maybe silenced shotgun?
    We need recon max or cloaked suicide bomber. There is no limit to cloaking....
    I wonder what infiltraitors do when others quit?
  5. faykid

thanks! i will use stability then, since i only certed it for open field roadkilling. is it true you can kill a max by driving him over? and if i only plan to do roadkills, do i even need a gun? i tried it in VR, it seems very hard to aim or lead, and makes you sitting duck for the duration
  6. Prudentia

you can, MAXes do not have a Vehicle Hitbox and therefor do not influence vehicles in aany way other than providing Certs to the Driver/Pilot
    and most Flash drivers use 3rd person for drive-bys
    • Up x 1
  7. DK22

and the farmed get farmed, and don't like it, suck it up! no sympathy here.
  8. SpartanPsycho

Where can I get the cloak for the engineer?
    • Up x 1
  9. SpartanPsycho

You are such a troll. Infiltrator's are weak unless your frightfulcookie
  10. Moz

Pump action for my Stalker please. Thank you.
    • Up x 1
  11. LodeTria

Never really had trouble seeing them, so they are just free certs when I'm in a vehicle. Also it's pretty funny when you headshot the driver of it with an MBT cannon and the flash just rolls away with a sad face on it.
  12. hostilechild

They are so good because the render is so bad. In larger fights they just appear 20m in front of you, no time to react with something moving so fast. Smaller fights they are just horrible as you see them coming way off if paying even the slightest attention.
  13. Bankrotas

That's called ji ha d flash. Engie on a back for extra boom.
  14. Pootisman

FLASH OP NERF PLS

The unexperienced/unskilled players checklist of "necessary" nerfs:
    • HEAT and HE: completed
    • rocket launcher: completed
    • Flash: in progress
    • to be continued
    End goal: Only allow waterpistols and wooden sticks as weapons. TTK needs to be at least 2min.
    • Up x 4
  15. Kanil

You could easily see 100+ vehicle resource ticks, add in the bonus from XP gain, and 25 resource Flashes were definitely at least as cheap, and probably cheaper.

'course, they're currently essentially free (as they were at 25 resources) but even under with 100 resource Flashes, it was pretty hard to run out of resources pulling just them.
  16. Boildown

They're fun, but ineffective, really. Too hard to aim the weapons while bouncing around. And if you stay still, you're dead. Best use is for trolling behind enemy lines with no expectations of living, and scout radar while trying to stay out of sight. Best weapon is easily the Fury grenade launcher, or running people over, or trying to run them over, then jump off and shoot them while they try to shoot the flash that you're no longer sitting on.

Also, I agree with anything but Racer frame. The flash has really nice stability with no performance frame at all. Add Racer 3 and it overturns on a pebble. I actually think Flashes get worse when you add performance upgrades, even when traveling the same velocity, but in reality Prudentia's "i use the stability one for outdoor combat and thr manouver one for indoor" advice is probably the best.
  17. Jogido

would love to see a true anti-tank flash with a rocket launcher...but I guess you can do that with a HA on the rumble seat sorta.
    • Up x 1
  18. LodeTria

Or just use a Lightning with an AP gun?
  19. WUNDER8AR

Imagine a full squad of wraith flashes with furies. You can kill MBTs easily with 2-3 flashes sneaking up on it from behind. I suggest watching Paqu's Flash videos. Great stuff! This is the spec ops kinda thing for small outfits and it's a hell of a lot of fun
  20. TraatAdmiral

Somebody with an MBT as their avatar complaining that Flashes are driving players away?
    • Up x 3