Equinox burst

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by patrykK1028, Aug 7, 2014.

1. patrykK1028

I have only 2 ARs now but I want to complete some directives. And theres little problem... I dont like NS 11A (I have NS 11P), Corvus has so looow RoF that it just must suck, CME and Equnox auto have low RoF with low damage... Equinox with burst seems the best, what can you say about it? I know its just 1 weapon and I will need 2 more, but now Im on tier 2 that needs only 3 weapons
  2. Shrekem

It's H-V45, Terminus, the default assault rifle, or nothing.
  3. patrykK1028

Terminus is expensive Im not gonna buy it now.
    But if you say default rifle is good that means Equinox is good too because its the same with even better accuracy
  4. Shrekem

It's a burst rifle so it will do less damage per second, but yeah give it a go if you don't want the other options.
  5. Mongychops

The issue is the first shot recoil multiplier of 2.75x which means that every third shot jumps vertically nearly 3 times as much as the other two, whereas with the Pulsar VS1, you can hold down fire for a longer burst. There is an area in medium range where the burst AR shines due to its super low starting CoF, but it is quite niche.

The stats spreadsheet has been updated, so you can compare the ARs in more detail:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...=AR&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
  6. starlinvf

HV45, Terminus, Pulsar VS1 and NS11A are the 4 guns with the highest killing potential. The Corvus does well for longer range engagements, but its terrible for transition and short range due to the RoF.

Now this Darkstar on the spreadsheet has some potential, but I've never heard of it.........

*edit* Nevermind, its the Auraxium gun.
  7. patrykK1028

NS 11 has low RoF and low dmg, I dont think it has killing potential.
    I will try this Equinox, because I feel I dont lose any RoF, and it looks like it has better accuracy after VR testing.
    But could anyone tell me whats the point of CME? It looks like Equinox auto without the most of attachments and worse horizontal recoil. And its for 1000 certs. Wat?
    Edit: it has also worse reload....
  8. starlinvf

The NS11A is slower DPS, but its exceptional control makes for a decent mid-long range weapon. Its the same deal with the Corvus.... up close DPS matters more, but when you have some breathing room, you can make good use of highly controllable weapons.

The CME is crappy, as is the burst (unless you spam hip fire with it).
  9. reydelchicken

NS-11A has the movespeed bonus going for the gun, as well as good hipfire, reload speed and controllable recoil at any range. It's enough to offset the lower DPS even when up against higher skill players.

Other two guns that are a good idea is the HV-45 for the DPS and movespeed or the terminus for a bit easier time at mid to long range, but you give up a small bit of DPS and also loose the movespeed multiplier.

However, if you can headshots consistently the equinox and cme are also very nice, however after you aurax them or play around with them a bit, I'd say stick to the ns-11a, simply because of the movespeed while ADS.
  10. patrykK1028

NS 11A isnt any more accurate, it has Pulsar VS1 recoil, the only thing I like in this gun is 5 extra bullets.. And 0.75 ADS movement is also welcome... but that DPS...
    Also, Corvus has THE HIGHEST vertical recoil, how the hell is it the best for mid and long range?
  11. Vortok

Welcome to VS Medic, where half the guns are downgraded versions of what other factions have (like the Corvus). Best I can say about most of them beyond the H-V45 is... they fire bullets that do damage?
  12. Matt879

Do NOT get the equinox burst. The normal equinox has a burst fire mode built in, it's absolutely pointless. You might think that the CME, corvus and equinox are bad because of the lower DPS, but they make up for it with solid accuracy. The corvus and CME are godlike at range, if you tap fire and control the recoil a bit you can snipe people at long range without a problem. Also, if you use the CME with high velocity ammo, it's bullet velocity exceeds 700m/s, that's faster than any sniper in the game except for the railjack, this makes hitting moving targets at range no problem as you hardly have to lead your target. I had a great time auraxing the corvus and I'm over halfway with the CME now and still enjoying it. Don't let the PS2 stats trick you, they don't list recoil values, which are obviously very important.
  13. Halkesh

The Equinox B and Equinox S used in 3bullet-burst aren't the same weapon.
    Equinox B have very low ADS CoF.
    Equinox S is a crappy weapon that is able to use UnderBarrel attachments.

Terminus cost 1000 but you won't waste your cert with this weapon.
    Corvus have crappy DPS (if not the lower of all infantry weapon) but have excellent accuracy & controllable recoil (First Shot Multi of x1.35 now) : Headshot machine.
  14. patrykK1028

PS2 stats dont list recoil but CME has worse recoil than.. starting Pulsar and it has awful DPS. I dont know how you can like it... High velocity ammo makes little sence, but it makes recoil even bigger and Equinox auto also can equip that but it has also access to much more attachments.
    Once I thought accuracy is more important than DPS- I bought Polaris but I quickly got back to Orion...
  15. Matt879

Whatever recoil it may have, it must be vertical then. I can snipe people from miles away with the CME, without even having to compensate for bullet velocity. It's very, very controllable with a compensator + advanced foregrip.
  16. Mongychops

The thing about the CME is that it gets an advanced forward grip, which cancels out the extra horizontal recoil

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...ME&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=2000
    0.22 - 0.0726 = 0.1474

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...S1&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=2000
    0.2 - 0.05 = 0.15

Which is pretty much the same (with a slight advantage for the CME). The CME also has:

• Lower vertical recoil (CME 0.20 /shot, CME+Comp 0.17 /shot, Pulsar 0.25 /shot).
    • Lower horizontal tolerance, (CME 0.5, Pulsar 0.7).
    • Lower first shot recoil multiplier (CME 2x, Pulsar 2.75x)
    • Smaller recoil angle variance (CME 17-18 deg, Pulsar 17-20 deg)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...=AR&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250

This, coupled with the higher velocity, does make the CME a significantly better medium range gun than the Pulsar VS1. However you are right that in most situations you are at a range where the shorter TTK of the HV-45 or Terminus would serve you better.

Doing the VS AR directive, I am in the same unenviable situation of having to choose a last auraxium; the Equinox, the Equinox burst, the CME, or the Corvus. Basically it's; turd sandwich, toasted turd sandich, turd sandwich with mustard, and turd sandwich without the bread... decisions, decisions... :(
    • Up x 1
  17. nehylen

Well the base turd sandwich does have its perks: The Equinox isn't good, but i find having an underbarrel shotgun can be quite satisfying at times. It feels very much like a pump action shotgun: you one-shot anything in CQC, except HA+shield.
    I like it when i know that i might get into such situation, which happens quite often.
    Neither the grenade/smoke launcher feel very useful in comparison though (maybe smoke+nightvision can be fun).
  18. patrykK1028

0,0026 and 0,08 better recoil for 1000 certs and 50 less rpm?
    [IMG]Rest of advantages are useless
  19. Mongychops

The combination of all those benefits absolutely does make a difference at longer range, all those benefits for 7% lower RPM is an acceptable trade off for long range fighting. The problem with it is how much performance at shorter ranges you have to give up for this. The Terminus is in my opinion probably the best all around VS AR because of the average combat range of infantry combat.
  20. Xasapis

I don't know about that. I found that by squizzing the trigger in quick succession I was able to put more pain into targets in ranges the close quarters assault rifles would be inaccurate. It really feels like a rail gun tbh. The only downside is that you are locked to ADSing unless in hugging range and it is not an easy gun to use when tired.
    They are not in any shape or form the same. The Equinox Burst feels more like the Eidolon in terms of gunplay, the normal Equinox is simply meh.