Fix the Decimator.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jan 20, 2014.

1. TomoB

At least give it's rockets enough damage so that it would compensate having 1 less rocket compared to stock launchers. Now it seems that stock launchers with 1 more rocket can do more total damage than Decimator with 1 rocket less. Sense?
  2. Scr1nRusher

The Decimator needs to be a rocket... not the mortar shell it is now.
  3. mikenzb

If it aint broke, don't fix it. I don't see what was wrong with the old Decimator.
  4. Scr1nRusher

Fix the Decimator!

Its under-performing right now..........

Revert the Dumbfire rocket change on it or something.
  5. Scr1nRusher

almost 4,000 Views on this thread.

That says something.
  6. -ACHTUNG-

[IMG]

I tested the current Deci on the VR and graduated the ranges accordingly.

Comparing them to IRL Portable Rocket Launchers. The Deci has about the same projectile drop as a Bazooka or Panzerschreck. The only problem I see at the moment is the sights (make them graduated in ranges like IRL launchers) and the velocity. You need to be a god at leading targets to hit anything moving at more than a hundred meters range.
    • Up x 1
  7. Takoita

Better sights for bothe Decimator and the default rocket launcher are sorely needed, IMHO.
  8. -ACHTUNG-

I'm fine with the projectile drop. The only changes I'd like to see is an increase in damage (direct and/or indirect) OR increase in velocity, OR increase in ammo count (so it's on par with the stock launchers). Any one of those Is good (all of it would be OP tho)
  9. Scr1nRusher

I'm just waiting for a statement at this point.

Since the TRUE reason why the dumbfire rocket mechanics were changed was so SOE could sell more lockons/force people to get lockons.

Which then pissed off the fliers, and a lot of the fliers were leaving.... but then the ESF update came out "perfectly" timed.

Much like how SOE screwed up the Commissioners hipfire/recoil so that more people would get the crossbow over it.
  10. ConradHorse

Hello,

I was analyzing the last update and tried to find some recent post about the NS Decimator nerf because I was quite disappointed with its new performance. It used to be such a a great arcade weapon and streak stopper but now I'm growing frustrated with it. Let me share my grief.

First of all, the tanks... as this was the primary reason why I bought the most expensive rocket launcher ever. Having compared all the stats and spent some time in VR (with the auto-lock toys for boys too) I decided to try the Decimator because the damage was acceptable and compensated for the overall clumsiness of the NS-D. (I thought - maybe the direct damage is not much better to sacrifice this 1 rocked in backback but well, at least the blast is the same as for other launchers :) . Now with the damage reduced, the muzzle velocity ridiculously slow (almost half the ML's) and the reload rate very slow you can give it only one go before someone kills you or the tank runs far away afte rone hit. With enough skill, you can hit the target twice. With ML I can have 2 shots before the tank operator and all those infiltrators around can see from where exactly did the rocket came from but with NS, the slow projectile make a sitting duck. Moreover, after the last nerf you still have only 4 rockets (which originally compensated for 2000 damage) so you do less total damage than with any other launcher.

Now the numbers:
    17% more direct damage,
    14% less indirect damage
    42% less projectile speed !
    4% slower reload
    1 less ammo (1500 damage less total makes you ensure all the direct hits to nail down a stock sunderer)

You only get 3% more advantage in total damage over all those disadvantages towards the basic launcher

I'm afraid that after the last update NS cannot do any more harm to anything, even to MAXes. Against infantry, It has become worse than crossbow. Not mentioning the air targets: it is impossible to hit an air target with NS. Even Galaxy can avoid the rocket with ease before it even reaches half way. It's totally useless but for terminals and land mines, and maybe stationary flash.

Now enough rants,
    I think that if this Decimator is intended to be an anti-tank weapn, why not make its projectiles fly a bit faster (or at least not make them just fall down after some short distance), have smaller blast radius, greater range than ML and other auto-locking rockets, or do more direct damage? ML should be slower, the auto-locking toys should have less ammo because the electronics must use more space? What do you think? I'd also consider 2 types of ammo HE (more blast) and heat (anti-tank) and make it the only launcher that can use 2 types of ammo so as to become THE DECIMATOR again:)
  11. Dat200Damage

RIP Decimator 2012-2014 :(
  12. Village

I still love the Decimator and use it exclusively.