"VS MAX has the biggest range"

Discussion in 'MAX' started by patrykK1028, Aug 3, 2014.

1. patrykK1028

How many times did I hear this non sence......
    once I tried shooting to the furthest line in VR training (its 50m, am I right?) and it took me hours to kill target with double Quasar. With blueshift, which seems to be the most accurate, I had to spend whole mags to kill bot that is staying in 1 place waiting for death. Wheres that range?
    But NC has some rockets that hit on 200 meters and nobody complains about them instead of 40m range VS
    • Up x 1
  2. minhalexus

Honey, use the NC rockets and try getting infantry kills with it at 100m+.

People don't complain about NC rockets getting infantry kills cuz even the best players can't get kills with these rockets effectively. Their KPH, SPM and accuracy stats will go down the drain if they try to do this.
    Check out MattiAce's video about falcons, he couldn't get kills effectively in CQC with this weapon let alone long range.

If you get anything better than 10 kills per hour, lemme know.
    Better make a video.

The best NC max ranged weapon, requires a whole magazine to kill a person at 20m.

Chewy102 made a detailed thread about AI max weapons a long time ago.
    The TR/VS max weapons are still the same from back then, NC max has been nerfed since that point. So whatever results you see there, just keep in mind that the NC max is worse than it is in those videos/ threads.

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/max-balance-part-4-everything-ai.139234/

Read the ^above thread before replying please.
    • Up x 1
  3. Chewy102

Um, the only NC MAX AI weapons to get changed since that was made gave them both buffs. Mattocks had their damage drop off push back a bit improving range, for shotgun range at least. And the Scattercannon got a .055 second faster short reload. It was the TR and VS MAX AI weapons that got the nerfs. Very small increases in reload times in all cases that I remember that wont change anything but nerfs anyway.

Outside of the very minor reload time changes and the Mattocks new damage drop off range, everything should still be up do date more or less. I redid the tests for the Mattocks on page 9 but couldn't be bothered back then to adjust the math for such minor changes in reload times when they didn't effect hardly anything at all in the tests.
    • Up x 1
  4. _itg

Those rockets are too slow and the splash damage too small to kill anyone from 200 meters who isn't totally zoned out or AFK. It's funny when you manage to do it, but not reliable by any means. Trust me, if you get instagibbed by dual falcons beyond point blank range, it's either because you screwed up or because the guy who killed you is some combination of really good and really lucky.

For what it's worth, as NC infantry, I feel like I get killed by VS MAXes with blueshifts two or three times as often as by TR MAXes with any weaponry, and I attribute it to their effective range advantage--after all, either one will kill me up close. There was also a video posted here not too long ago of someone getting close to 200 kills in an hour with blueshifts.
  5. DrBash00

TR and VS maxes are similar on long range.
    The VS max only shoots slower with more DMG so if you get a lucky headshot, the enemy gets the feeling of "VS max is OP".

I really think the Maxes are ok the way they are, if you give the NC max some chainguns, you need to give shotguns to the other factions... and this would take away some fun of playing ONE faction.

Btw, check out the max guide on my youtubechannel, i perfer to use the long range weapons, and longer range would just be unfair....
  6. Village

Actually the Blueshift is the most accurate MAX AI weapon, with a standing CoF of 1.15 and crouching CoF of 0.9, versus the Mercy which is 1.25 and 1 respectively. Although the Blueshift has a bloom per shot of 0.06 versus 0.05 of the Mercy tap firing will result in greater accuracy. So obviously the claim is not nonsense.
    • Up x 2
  7. reydelchicken

Blueshift does more damage per shot aswell having a lower COF, so arguably it's the best at range with mercies coming second.
  8. minhalexus

So................... according to your logic, NC has the most inaccurate weapons in game since they have the most bloom per shot in general.
    • Up x 4
  9. Matt879

I think people find the NC maxes to be OP because maxes are usually used for max crashes or as a mini-tank to hold doorways and point-buildings. The problem with that? Most of those encounters are close range. You don't max crash across an open field, you max crash a tech plant balcony/amp station point/biolab point, those are all up close as long as you come in from the right side. Maxes have little effect out in the open in AI situations anyway, you attract fire from a lot of people and can't properly hit anyone even with the most accurate max weapon past 50m. NC maxes dominate up close, and that's where maxes see the most use. Not to say that there aren't situations where TR/VS maxes can tickle away at an NC max's health while he can't do anything back (which to us is hilarious of course). The maxes are balanced by situational-use, but NC maxes just feel completely overwhelming up close.
  10. vanu123

MAXs are fine as is. Although ravens are annoying as a tank driver I don't really have any problem with max combat as it stands currently.
  11. minhalexus

Close range and shotgun close range are different.

If I'm given the choice of choosing a gun like GD-7F/Serpent/Lynx vs a shotgun, I would MOSTLY choose the first option.
    Yes, both of them are used up close, but the ability to actually be effective outside ideal range is a huge advantage.

I probably won't be getting kills with my GD-7F if I'm using it outside CQB. But it's good enough to intimidate the enemy. Try doing the same thing with the shotgun, and you'll be dead.

If you see a NC max upclose, didn't you know that you were supposed to charge backwards outside of it's effective range? It really isn't that hard, I've played both TR/VS maxes against NC maxes.
  12. Village

So according to your logic the sun orbits the earth? Where the heck did you pull that assumption from? I never said bloom per shot equals accuracy, starting CoF would more likely equal accuracy. And yes, NC have the most inaccurate AI weapons as standing CoF starts at 1.5, but crouching is 1 putting mattock and scattercannon on par with Mercy for first shot accuracy.
  13. Chewy102

Now you just lost it saying that both the Mattock and Scattercannon are on par with Mercy in accuracy.
    http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/MAX_Anti-Infantry

Mattock and Scattercannon COF.
    Standing and still- 1.5
    Standing and moving- 2

Mercy COF.
    Standing and still- 1.25
    Standing and moving- 1.75

Plus we have pellet spread to deal with adding 2.5 for Mattock COF and adding 3 for the Scattercannon COF. Not a simple addition but where ever the RNG of COF chooses for a bullet to go that will be center for COF. Doesn't matter to much seeing how the pellet spread is far far larger than any starting COF outside of just out of jumping.

If you are talking about slugs. You are still wrong as slugs do nothing to effect the COF and both the Mattock and Scattercannon has a COF bloom of 1 compared to the Mercy COF bloom of .05. 20 times the amount of bloom per round fired.

Yes they all have a sitting and being still COF of 1 but that means nothing thanks to bloom and the fact that sitting still in the middle of a fight tends to get you killed. Plus at the ranges you need to get the most out of your COF by sitting in the dirt even slugs will need 3 hits for a kill. Good luck trying to land those 3 hits with a bloom of 1 when your target is small, changing direction, and has cover near by. Just one shot doubles your COF and makes the next shot a payer to the RNG gods, it doesn't help that the MAX crosshairs show NOTHING of COF sizes either.. Where as the Mercy can just unload all it wants without needing to worry about COF or bloom till at least 15-25 rounds into a burst. And that is more than likely overkill for an infantry kill when you remember that a 15-25 round burst is 30-50 bullets as you're shooting 2 weapons. A 40m infantry kill is doable in a burst like that.

Bloom per shot, starting COF, recoil pattern, mag size, round damage, RPM/RPS, and visual feedback all are what makes a weapon accurate or not and what it's main range is. It's a bunch of ifs and ands with a mix of everything before player skill comes into play that adds even more ifs and ands to everything.
  14. minhalexus

You gave a reference though:

Blueshifts are the most effective Max AI weapons at range.
  15. Village

Do you have issues with reading and comprehension? READ before posting. If you bothered to pay attention you'll see i said crouching will lead to first shot accuracy on par with Mercy.

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/NCM1_Scattercannon

See how it says crouching has a still CoF of 1? If you're not crouching as a MAX still while aiming for accurate shots you're playing incorrectly, unless you expect a rocket to be fired at you.

[IMG]
  16. Village

If you go back and read again, you'll that what i was point out is Blueshift is more accurate due to having a starting CoF of 0.9, but it also has a bloom per shot of 0.06, leading to greater inaccuracy per shot fired than the mercy, BUT if you tap fire to return to starting CoF you will have more accuracy on the Blueshift. Did i specifically say that greater bloom per shot leads to greater accuracy?

Agreed, which is what i originally pointed out. See the word "Although"?

although
    ɔːlˈðəʊ,ɒl-/
    conjunction

1. in spite of the fact that; even though.
  17. PastalavistaBB

I think you should add Ravens to your signature. One at a time... ;) These things are crazy, it's too easy to kill vehicles and feels like cheating tbh.
    • Up x 1
  18. Chewy102

2nd to last part in my post.

"Yes they all have a sitting and being still COF of 1 but that means nothing thanks to bloom and the fact that sitting still in the middle of a fight tends to get you killed. Plus at the ranges you need to get the most out of your COF by sitting in the dirt even slugs will need 3 hits for a kill. Good luck trying to land those 3 hits with a bloom of 1 when your target is small, changing direction, and has cover near by. Just one shot doubles your COF and makes the next shot a payer to the RNG gods, it doesn't help that the MAX crosshairs show NOTHING of COF sizes either.. Where as the Mercy can just unload all it wants without needing to worry about COF or bloom till at least 15-25 rounds into a burst. And that is more than likely overkill for an infantry kill when you remember that a 15-25 round burst is 30-50 bullets as you're shooting 2 weapons. A 40m infantry kill is doable in a burst like that."

Try to read more than just a few lines as I covered that little part. Mercy has a better starting COF in every area and has a much much lower bloom to keep that lower COF for much much longer. There is no way in hell anyone will think that a shotgun is on par with s Mercy in accuracy in live gameplay. There will always be something trying to kill you and just sitting in the dirt lets them do that for just about free. Why do you think Lockdown is to hated?
  19. DatVanuMan

This is why the damage buff ZOE offers is futile. VS MAX weapons are as accurate as Terran ones, and because of that, the limited damage bonus ZOE has doesn't work. VS MAX weapons need a serious accuracy buff, and no one will complain:)
  20. minhalexus

I find TR maxss to be less accurate than VS maxes also less effective at longer ranges.
    No point in buffing accuracy.

Although accuracy buff during ZOE is understandable and reasonable.