MAX Nanite Cost Bumped to 500

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lewk, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Lord_Avatar

As if that wasn't the case already. To be honest I'm at a loss here...
  2. RemusVentanus

500 a pull? yea, *** that... some small arms fire and a rocket and the max is down.... and not to forget all the nades and c4 getting thrown around. :rolleyes:

I miss the times when they only cost 250 a pull and no one complained about them.
    • Up x 2
  3. Kumaro

Sure the max can get that prize increase but then i want the revive to go back to being the same as all the other infantry again.
    Then it will be important to support and keep it alive otherwhise the entire thing dies. But C4 fairies wont completley hamper a charge cause 30 second death rule <.<

A problem a lot of people forget is that if you fight in a battle with lots of veterans a Max turns into a priority target that quickly can get killed unless he has support.
  4. Archiadus

Maybe now they'll finally increase the cost of C4 so that it doesn't take less resources than the vehicle / max to kill it :)
  5. Saiph

They just need 2 resource pools. One for vehicles, and one for infantry & max. Or better yet...a flat 5 minute timer on Max's.
  6. Pacster3

Congrats, making one of the few ways for infantry to deal with the vehicle spam without of being instagibbed more expensive gonna surely piss of infantry players even more.
    Hossin, directives, merges...looked like the game is getting back on track...and now they are driving players away in large amounts again. Very smart move.

When will SOE understand that nobody on this planet likes to be OHK-killed by a tank without of a serious chance to fight back? And that tank fights are rather slow and hence boring(yes, it's fun when 2 huge zergs are clashing...for about 3 minutes...and then you got an artillery stalemate that is World War 1 worthy)?

I can say that I was close to leave the game(like my twin brother did) when the lolpodding was horrible. I did stay after some nerfs. Now the situation is back at the point again where infantry is just there to get farmed(and has to defend itself nonstof vs. superior vehicles)...and I don't think I'll watch that for long(been there, done that...NOT again).
  7. bootyshake6969

And ESF costs tripled too then? Watch the outcry from every poster if that was suggested.

[IMG]
  8. Crayv

A Lightning has infinitely more health than infantry against small arms because it doesn't take any damage at all. A single brick of C4 won't kill a Flak MAX and it won't kill a Lightning either. You find most MAXs indoors and places like Biolabs because people can't driver their tanks in there. AV MAXs are unless in such places because there are no vehicles inside of buildings. So once they are outside they are big juicy targets for vehicles as they cost more, are slower, have less firepower, and are squishier. Which basically means their AV days will be over.

MAXs are going to be pulled less than even under the old system.
  9. Liam23490

I don't want to play as a normal MAX, I'd rather go back to playing Engineer.
  10. Kalendric

This is an insane change. Who the hell is going to pull a burster when it costs two thirds of your resource pool and can't kill anything worth a damn?

This resource revamp really is going from bad to worse. Bad enough that the opportunity to do something to help the underdog empires was squandered. Good time to be a pilot though I guess.
    • Up x 1
  11. GrandpaFlipfox

I'd still rather we just not let them be revived.
  12. TraatAdmiral

Man, I wish that were the case. I get killed almost as often by people who have clearly pulled AV weapons for the express purpose of farming infantry with them than by people who are actually using their AIs.
  13. Flag

Then maybe it will prevent the crazy max-spam that's currently going on.
  14. Sixstring

500 is too much,start lower and then raise it slowly until it's just right. 500 is too limiting for averything else.
  15. Malorn

Going with a more conservative increase - 450 and see if that curbs the spam a bit. We don't want them to be prohibitively expensive, just a bit more significant of a tradeoff.
    • Up x 1
  16. Sixstring

That's much,much better thanks alot.
  17. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Well, if bursters are more expensive than ASF, I sure won't do AA anymore.
    Unless the Platoon lead really, really needs some and lockons still haven't been fixed.
    But yeah, MAXes are a bit cheap now; 450 doesn't sound that wrong.
    That said, I'm not overly fond of the new system.
    The amount of senseless vehicle spam I've seen wasn't fun anymore.
    Small bases surrounded by ten sunderers. Perpetual tank zergs for a good hour straight (without any conspicuous success).
    And if I pull an AV tank and after 5 minutes there's no targets left, I'm not unhappy, it means I did my job well. This gratification is why I like PS2, that things have meaning.
    Still, it might get there. Maybe people will tire of being stuck on bridges. :p
  18. Pootisman

Noooooooo
    I can finally pull MAXes and use my CERTed out weapons. I love it.
    Before the resource consolidation i was always low in infantry resources and rarely able to spawn a MAX.

Also, burster MAXes are the only good AA at the moment because lock ons are bugged.
    • Up x 1
  19. Chewy102

For giggles, can we see how much MAX spam there is by faction?

On topic though, I thought that there was going to be a maintenance cost for keeping an vehicle/MAX up that kept you from gaining that resource back till the thing is lost or despawned. At 50 resource a minute any cost is going to be spamable as long as you can gain everything back while in down time like travel. Just falling back for regrouping can make enough travel time to regain most if not all of the resources used for the regrouping.

The way I seen the maintenance costs was that you using some of your pool for something meant that you can't get that back till the thing is lost. So at a cost of 350 out of a total of 750 you would STAY at 400 till that thing is lost and you get only 1 more as a backup before needing to wait on resource gain. Loose both and you gotta wait. With higher costs (MBT, Gal) means certain wait times between uses and with lower costs (Flash, Harasser) means more "lives" between regen wait times.

That would sound like a good system to starve off spam while accounting for travel time and skill letting someone live longer than normal. Plus this wouldn't effect infantry gear that much it at all unless you choose to use the gear heavily after loosing vehicles/MAXes. Was that scrapped or just not enough time to code it yet?
  20. Mongychops

Options for controlling MAX availability.

Increase price to 500 nanites, but halve the price in the WG, encouraging galaxy drops, and countering the drops, rather than redeploy-side gameplay.

Reduce the Hossin bonus somewhat perhaps to 30%.

Reduce nanites generation while in a MAX suit (perhaps by half), making it harder to chain pull them.