We need a party mode!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alyz, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Alyz

It doesn't happen often that there's reason to throw a party ingame instead of shooting stuff. It's even rarer that there's reason to have all three factions to come together and just enjoy a few minutes without killing each other.

I've been at exactly two occassions with all three factions invited and both parties were busted by people spawning there not knowing it's a friendly occassion and killing "enemies" - who then defend themselves of course. Sometimes it's just an idiot knowing very well the occassion and just going there to get a lot of easy kills.
    The last party was exactly an hour ago when we celebrated the farewell of Woodman.

I ended up pulling a MAX to have a chance against random noobs trying to kill me while having a chance to stop random vanoobs from killing TR and NC guests at the party and busting it for everyone.
    The rule at such a party obviously is "every faction needs to control their own party poopers", so I ended up with a very long weapon lock and I wasn't the only one.

Parties certainly are not part of war, but they are part of human life. The Christmas Truce is the best example for it happening even in the most brutal of wars.

A way to solve this might be a deployable "Faction Weapon Disabler", similar to healing fields, somewhat bigger in size, which disables all weapons of YOUR faction. This would ensure that it's not abused as trap for other factions but it could be deployed together so that weapons of all factions are disabled within this zone.
  2. ApolloMCProductions

We need a Party Island separate from Auraxis where the only things being shot at each other are bubbles.
    (PPA :eek:)
  3. Radh

You are colluding with the enemy (wear a Commissar hat). You will be punished.
    ;)