Scheduled Maintenance August 8th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Aug 7, 2014.

1. MaxDamage

I am getting so annoyed on Miller.
    With these directives changes, it's like double XP days were in the early days - all the best players are using the lamest farming weaponry (in this case to get those additional unlocks out of the way).
    The skill level required to compete goes up so high (despite the influx of baaaad players), that not even my MAX suit can compensate.

I'm not competitive or cool headed enough to face the constant barrage of the cheesiest deadliest weaponry from ESFs that may not have been OP when there was a timer/resource punishment - but certainly are now. If I spawn an AA MAX, I might get a couple of kills... MIGHT, as ESF players know to fly high and away from flak. But a reaver will have had many, many kills, and usually get to bail/land.

I'm not saying AA MAXes should be comparable to a flying machine that can rain fire and bullets and attack every other unit in the game with unmatched efficiency. Just increase our ability to counter them. That is an AA MAXes sole purpose and it is lacking at it! I have more chance of running around MAX punching infantry than I do at taking down the experienced pilots that exist now.

On top of that, lock-ons are sporadically broken, meaning that ESFs on servers with good ESF pilots, are having a fluffing field day.

AA MAXes need a buff to total default ammo storage to counter the increased frequency of air muppets, or increase ROF.
    • Up x 1
  2. Ziogatto89

Can we please have a server transfer token now????

[IMG]
  3. Icare

Ok I live in Europe, and the maintenance started at 3pm ? and will last 90 minutes ? then it will be over at 16:30 ?

And I wanna be sure so ... what it means ? every european servers will merge and then, form only one server for everyone ? (1 for US and 1 for Europe ?)
  4. Haquim

I think that there is only a single server responsible for logging in and storing your character data.
    After you logged in that one delegates your session to the "gaming" server that handles the rest.
    At least that is my guess / a rumor I picked up and sounded reasonable.
  5. M4gn1

Cobalt + Ceres = Cobalt
    Miller + Woodman = Miller
    • Up x 1
  6. Icare

Oh, thank you M4gn1, I get it now :)
  7. Lurking Shadow

Err, maybe on Miller, but on Woodman they are overpopping. Woodman KotV i Ground Support together have over 5000 players.
  8. Icare

Anyways, on Cobalt VS are not su much :p

It is a good idea to merge the servers, we were too scattered.
  9. RedBlack

Your joking, right? NC and VS are not teaming up, on Miller?
  10. Wildfire07

you only think so, cause you don't get their kills. You only damage them, but you don't care about chasing them away and supporting your empire, you just want your kills and revenge. Burster maxes are still fantastic to get rid of enemy air, IF used in high numbers they can kill all ESFs around or force them to leave
    You just can't expect to get a "super weapon" that can take down any and every ESF in a 2km radius w/out any teamwork involved!
  11. snipesharkVS

it is now august 8th at 900 where im at and still no server whats taking so long? oh and I must say why the change in acquisition timer and resource points? the new systems kind of lame and I don't much like the fact that I cannot choose which continent to play in and that im locked out. there seems to be a trend in bad alterations to the game and im loosing my patience with the downtime and such and am to the point where I barely play anymore and im seriously missing the old planetside 2 from like 6 months ago :\
  12. MaxDamage

They fly away, hit their magic "repair half of my health" button, fly back. /repeat.
    While routinely other aircraft will approach you from the rear or another angle, meaning that as soon as you commit, you are insta-killed by airhammer/ppa ****e.

Anyway your attempt at a rebuttal is irrelevant because it doesn't refer to the fact that reavers can now be instantly pulled again.. and their power differential is massive compared to an "AA MAX" being able to be pulled again. AA MAXes need a buff to help counter this increased air threat. The vehicle spam is far more extreme.

Deny it.

I would also like the Striker's lock-on waiting time to be reduced.
    • Up x 1
  13. Slash Hammer

Huh, wait, no
    "I lost all my characters, **** you SOE"
    post yet?
    What happened?
  14. k3lt

Thought it's August 8...
  15. F8Crusader

All AA launchers could use a lock-on time reduction IMO (or lock-on range buff).

Between the flares, vehicle stealth, and being able to duck behind mountains as quickly as they can, ESFs feel really OP against infantry right now, especially if there's a ton of them.

At the very least, Bursters could use a muzzle velocity buff.
  16. Wildfire07

17. IamnotAmazing

only forumside turns maintenance into a balance discussion
    • Up x 1
  18. F8Crusader

Well, not much to talk about with the maintenance until it finishes in (supposedly) 10 minutes, don't know if it's screwed anything up until it's done.
  19. Wildfire07

You just don't understand, you can't expect a lock-on launcher to completely annihilate a 350 nanite invetment=ESF, + if only you guys would team up you would have a much easier time, but you just grumble instead of building a squad
    • Up x 1
  20. snipesharkVS

your kidding me nobody else finds the instant acquisition and single resource point category annoying? why must they lock us out of continents and force us into one continent? I feel like the diversity of my own options are slowly dying ! oh and cmon the ESFs where a big enough nuisance before the instant acquisition.
    • Up x 1