Alert ends as "Draw" even tho NC has 65% of Hossin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meshblorg, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Meshblorg

Total BS!!! US Connery West

Alert was for Hossin and NC had 65% of the territory. Despite that, it ended as a Draw i.e. no points for anyone.

Secondly, why is there no XP bonus for capturing a continent?
  2. Meshblorg

I stayed up late to complete this Alert, and we didn't even get the credit.

WTF?
  3. Phyr

You get points for participating. In the event of a draw, it's 10k divided up. I received around 4700 exp as NC.
  4. Meshblorg

We had the highest percentage and yet didn't win? This is a bug and I feel betrayed
  5. vilehydra

Alerts now work like this.

A faction gets 75% and triggers an alert.
    Then the faction either
    holds that 75% for the rest of the alert and wins
    Captures 85% and wins (IIRC)

If the combined other two factions hold 25% or more at the end of the alert, it draws.
  6. Meshblorg

How do you even know that?
  7. Sghignifiss

It's on 8/5 update notes:

• Adversarial Alerts
      • All existing alerts have been retired and replaced with Adversarial Alerts
      • An Adversarial Alert triggers whenever an empire controls at least 75% of a continent
      • The "attacking" empire who triggered the alert wins by either conquering the continent (by having 85% territory control) or by maintaining their 75% control by the end of the time limit.
      • The "defending" empire wins the alert by gaining 35% territory control
      • The continent locks in the case of an attacker win
      • It is considered a draw if neither the attacker nor defenders meet their win condition
      • All adversarial alerts have a 1 hour time limit
      • The 2 minute countdown to the start of an alert was removed
      • Alerts now have a participation bonus of +30% XP (up from +20%)
  8. NinjaTurtle

I agree with alerts triggering from when a faction gains 75% territory.

However the win should still be given to the side that at the end has most territory.

It is down to the other 2 factions to make that ground back up
  9. Xellon

There would be much less trouble if people started reading the GODDAMN PATCHNOTES for once. Reminds me of all the Medics who were screaming "Can't rez anyone SOE broke the game!!!!11one"
    You know, SOE doesn't give those notes to us because some of their employees were bored to hell behind their desks...
    • Up x 1
  10. M4gn1

Are you ********? They can lose almost half their territory in one hour and still win the alert by that logic.
  11. Crator

BS... There would be much less trouble if SOE added an explanation of the requirement needed to win the alert in-game. On the TAB screen they put "Must capture at least 75% territory" for the empire who triggered the alert. Didn't say a damn thing about needing 85% to win. Is the 85% and 35% win condition instant or do you need to wait till the time expires on the alert? The notes say 'time expires' condition applies only to holding 75% territory.

They need to tell everyone, in-game, what the win AND loose conditions are so that players can see it in real time in order to take appropriate action to try and win. Give players the info they need IN-GAME to figure out how to play. Why must they have to read patch notes to figure out how to play the game...
  12. Canaris

Yeah you really need to spoon feed the masses these days, you ever see that movie "Idiocracy" let's just say in one word *PROPHETIC* ;)
  13. Crator

So what happens when the patches notes become old news and a new player comes in and is trying to figure out the system? IMO, things such as this should have in-game knowledge that explain the goals. Is it really that hard to put the winning/loosing conditions on the TAB screen for this?
  14. current1y

I'm all for not dumbing down games to meet the extremely low skilled player base that most online fps games seem to consist of but explaining the win/loss conditions of an alert in the tab screen (or some where easily found in game) sounds like basic info that would be really helpful to the players trying to learn the game.
  15. Xellon

No, it isn't. It's actually right there where you want it:

[IMG]

Ok, I admit, it's actually German and it's only the winning condition for the attacking empire displayed here, but everyone with just half a brain can imagine that you won't going to win if you don't cap at least 75% of the map. The winning condition for the defending empires is also displayed correctly, I just don't have a screenshot of that at hand for now.
    • Up x 1
  16. doombro

TR on Emerald yesterday proceeded to capture 98% of Hossin and an alert never even triggered.
  17. Riku

Exactly, it's right there. Attackers are told to hold at least 75% of territory. Defenders are told to capture and hold 35% or more.
    That's excellently put: only vital information, shortly put.

I really don't know what op's problem is.
  18. Crator

I understand, and I already mentioned that very thing in one of my previous posts... What I am asking for is it to show both the win and loose conditions.

Also, it doesn't include this 85% territory control win condition. I've not seen the defender TAB screen so I don't know exactly what it says. And I wouldn't have a clue what it says if I hadn't read the patch notes or seen it personally myself in the past. So again, I ask, what's wrong with putting both the win and loose conditions on the TAB screen?
  19. Xellon

That's simple: You don't need to know anything more than what's already displayed. Attackers get told that they need >75% territory to capture the continent, Defenders get told that they need >25% territory to defend it. Why should they display the loosing conditions too? I think even the most dumb players can image whats going to happen if you don't meet the conditions: You won't going to win.
    We could argue about the additional 85% instant-win condition not being displayed , but in my opinion, it's kinda redundand, because you will win in both cases.
    The 75% border tough is much more important because that's the absolute minimum for winning the alert, everything above that is just additional maple sirup on your pancakes: Tasty, but not really necessary.
    (Falling under 75% would be no pancakes at all, to stay with this parable)
  20. Crator

Alerts are sub-mechanic which gives players goals to try and achieve, right? Why not tell the players what the all the rules are for winning and loosing each of the goals? That way the players can make all of the appropriate decisions needed in order to try and win each goal that can be obtained, from each side.And if you did tell them this in-game you wouldn't have confused players like the OP. All the info is right there, in the TAB screen, each time an alert is presented. No questions needed then....

The reason you want to know what the opposing empire's 'win' goal is give you enough info to prevent your opposing empire from reaching it. Perhaps you want to do that instead of strive for your empire's 'win' condition. I suppose in the end it's all the same thing, I'm just saying would be good to have all the info in the TAB screen so no questions about anything is needed...

I understand what you are saying, I hope you understand what I'm saying too...