The New Resource System Destroys Planetside2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ConcernedGamer, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Verviedi

Exactly. That's how you beat a coordinated tank push. You use VEHICLES.
  2. CipherNine

Battlefield has limited number of vehicles per map.

edit:If you have tanker killing infantry but not dieing then that is called farming and generates negative experience overall.

If tanker is killing plenty of infantry but also dieing plenty of times then that generates positive game experience overall.

IMHO in Planetside vehicles should be cheap if not free but easy to kill. That way tankers can do 'suicide runs' on infantry with having too much downtime in between runs. Aggressive play results in more kills and more fun for everyone.
  3. Goliath Mk2

I would say that with the new system, bases need a redesign to be focused on infantry combat mostly with little interference from attacking vehicles.
    • Up x 1
  4. MasterCheef

misused [PSA] tags irk me more than they should.
    • Up x 2
  5. Richter03

I don't get it, why many player complain about new resource system now, I like it, it's really like a war. For someone crazy enough to running into to a tank by themselves, they deserve what they did. Get your vehicle on open field, sir, it's not a place for a sniper or Solid Sneak to stand outside there because place for infantry to play is inside a base. Some base on Hossin pretty crazy and really hard to attack (like the 4 under floors base, just forget about any bombyard from tank and gunship on this base).

If any thing I want to complain, it's about price of a Galaxy, how come it's same price as a Liberator. :confused:
    • Up x 1
  6. trichome

I'm loving it. Woodman actually feels like were playing a combined arms game again. Loving all the vehicles and maxes running around so much xp up for grabs. It will change with the resource revamp but I'm going to enjoy the huge resource gain while it lasts.
  7. Casterbridge

Sure, I mean we'll have to make a few changes, let's see first we bring the cost of C4 up to the current cost of pulling a tank, then we'll drop the cost of pulling a tank down to that of a transport vehicle, but then every time the main cannon is fired it will cost as much as the C4, the secondary gun will cost as much as say a grenade to fire or variable amounts depending on type of gun the more powerful the more resources spent, cost goes through regardless of whether a kill is made or not, once you reach zero resources you won't be able to refill or fire your guns.

I assume that's where you are heading with this?
  8. Govedo13

Even as a guy that loves to play with the tank the new system looks meh. It takes away the advantage of skill and the reason to flank.
    Before killing good and known enemy tanker was small victory because you pulled something really dangerous out if the fight for a bit. Before keeping your tank alive and preserving resources was matter of skill.
    Now it is matter of spam, adopting new more agressive careless to death style is not good thing for the tank drivers and for their victims.
  9. GETHAMMED

the dream is now real. i can be a full time skill suit scumbag even without a sub
    • Up x 1
  10. void666

It seems every week there's something "destroying" this game...
  11. SacredRay

God I love it when I see a logical post backed by historic evidence.
  12. Ash87

13. SikVvVidiT

And just how do you expect ANT's to survive in all this Vehicle hell... Unless they make ANTS with Liberator (pre nerf) patch and they fly like EFC's then they they do not stand a chance...And soon as they leave that warpgate herds of tanks will be ready to camp the crap out of them. They camped them in PS1, but they didn't have all this vehicle issues in that game. We actually were giving weapons and other things that could hurt vehicles.

OP is right, most of you are just to silly (wanted to use another word) to see it. But that's a common problem with people all over, hence the reason why are economy and everything else is running into the ground.

OP some of us, like you, see what this will cause if it is not changed. But we are a minority, they the majority rule everything now. So my advice to you is just deal with it the best you can, watch as they devs destroy this game further, and try to find something else to sink your money into until that is destroyed as well..

Just rinse and repeat that this last paragraph until you die and leave this crap hole, because the majority are the products of our educational system. And we know how great that is...
    • Up x 2
  14. SikVvVidiT

I wish I could like this post 50 times... I also wish you were a Dev..
  15. Ash87

You glorious SOB, good to see you back.
  16. Sghignifiss

Man, just wait that the entire resource revamp process finishes, then you can decide if it has meaning or not. For now enjoy the game as it is if you can, or come back in a few months. ;)
  17. Axehilt

1. Pulling combat vehicles was always how you won Planetside 2. Strange that it took a resource revamp for you to realize this.
    2. "I'm always infantry all the time" is not tactics.
    3. "Choose the right weapon for the job" (aka picking tanks when it makes sense) is tactics.
    • Up x 2
  18. Aerius

Interesting. Pre-lattice I remember Mattherson being a giant zerg fest with endless amounts of ghost capping. Post-lattice there are fights of all sizes to be had, admittedly with more zergy ones than not, but plenty of small scale fights to be found.
  19. Captain Kid

I don't want to shoot tanks. I want to shoot infantry.
    And the driving sucks *** in this game so I'm not getting my own tank.
  20. vilehydra

The real irritation that many (myself included) have been feeling here is you can now live in force multipliers.

Lets take the max for instance, is it stronger then basic infantry? yes. It cost what, 350 nanites? you start at 750 resource capped, so lets say I just want to live in my max suit. If you wanted to force me out of my max for enough time to make a difference you'd have to kill me three times at 6 minutes from my first pull or four times in twelve minutes (assuming the BASE 50 nanites per minute). That's trivial for me to stay alive for that long in a max suit and I'm a ****** max player. Thats two to three (depending on how much the points been stalled) max crashes in a single tech plant cap.

Same things for vehicles. Lightnings are on the same cost iirc as maxes. With MBTs being 450, again starting from 750 resources you'd have to kill two of my tanks within three minutes of me pulling my first or three times within 12 minutes. Its stupidly trivial for me to stay alive in a tank for that long.

Anyways hopefully when they introduce ANTS this **** will be fixed.