New Forum Structure

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RadarX, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aesir

I was joking about this months ago ... and now it actually happened.

Combined Arms my *Higby* ...
    • Up x 3
  2. Crator

Unless they were smart and 'tagged' the threads they moved so they know they were moved.
    • Up x 1
  3. Flag

Ahahahhahahaha, yeah right.
    • Up x 3
  4. Govedo13

I find having 6 infantry forums while deleting the vehicle single forum plain insulting.
    • Up x 5
  5. PastalavistaBB

So we can't even have a Vehicle Subforum anymore? Is SOE that much afraid of vehicles? It's sad, really sad what this game has become. All hail Infantrymasterrace!.. Long live Infantryside!
  6. FBVanu

RadarX, was this an economic decision? (in which case, oh well, we can't do anything about it),
    or was there really someone who thought this was a good idea? (in which case, oh crapola, what on earth were they thinking..)

The vehicle forum was THE place for new and veteran players to get ideas, loadouts, strategies etc.. without those posts being crammed in somewhere else, where nobody is looking for them. This is not helping vehicles.. (neither are the recent nerfs to tank cannons.. )

i believe we helped hundreds of new players learn how to enjoy their vehicle game-play, stay alive longer , stay with the game as a whole and become better players. If you are doing away with the vehicle discussion because we have some big babies and whine often when SOE 'kills' our fun... oh well, its a forum, it happens.

Isn't it easier for players to find a topic when they are categorized? Doesn't it also make it easier for SOE to assign a monitor that actually plays vehicles to monitor a vehicle discussion? Look at the responses this has elicit already. It should be apparent that this was a bad idea.

If you wanted to help players learn about the game and enjoy the game even more, wouldn't it make sense to have a player specific forum category that lets players discuss vehicles?
    • Up x 2
  7. ColonelChingles

One additional problem with rearranging all the forums (including Vehicle and Idea subforums) is that Google links to old threads don't work anymore.

Someone had asked why Vanguards had been recolored since a few months ago. So I looked for one of the older threads that had discussions (including by the Devs) about the reasoning of the changes, that had "before and after" pictures. So I Googled it...

Here's the link. CLICK IT. Tell me what you see.

Yea. Sucks, doesn't it? I'm sure the thread might be floating around somewhere, but the Forums's search function couldn't find it so the "new" location might as well be in the Zaire.

Wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. For all I know they could have just deleted certain threads entirely and it would have the same effect.
    • Up x 2
  8. Pikachu

I realize now I dont like this change. Too much stuff here. If these sections needed more attention then they could have been put under each other so people see them everytime they go for the gameplay section.
    • Up x 2
  9. St NickelStew

I always thought the vehicle sub forum was more active than any of the class-specific sub forums.
    • Up x 3
  10. ShadowyN

Has there been any response or acknowledgement to this yet?
    Or is it all just ignored; feedback not welcome?
    • Up x 1
  11. RadarX

This post was a notification of the change, but if Feedback was not welcome, the thread would be locked. We are of course interested in peoples thoughts.
  12. Flag

For one, it had nutters like myself and Alarox posting rather frequently.
  13. Takoita

I fail to see the reasoning.

Yes, it was a cesspit, but a). so is almost everything else and b). how anyone expects us to find anything if all content just dumped in one folder?

Are you actively trying to kill off the forums? Because it sure as hell looks so.
    • Up x 1
  14. Vortok

Before we had some ponds to play in. Now it's one big ocean and the current easily sweeps away practically everything.
  15. Gammit

While I doubt the devs are stupid enough to nerf the crap out of the tanks and restructure the forums in an effort to crush vehicle gameplay completely, there exists little evidence to refute this extreme possibility.
  16. SniperTarget

Can we please get the vehicle forum back it was really helping the new players knowing how to survive and look for loadouts.

In general gameplay subforum everything is getting flooded.
  17. Leftconsin

I'm glad you're in for feedback. Here is mine: Return the vehicle forum and split it to Air Vehicle and Land Vehicle sub forums.
    • Up x 1
  18. Flag

Nah, keep them as one.
    • Up x 1
  19. Leftconsin

Either way... Infantry have a forum, why do vehicles have to post in general?
  20. PKfire

#VehicleForumJustice
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.