{NC} Long Range gun?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Hodaddy, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Hodaddy

Any suggestions on a Long Range gun for my NC Heavy? I have the N6 Gauss Saw with High Velocity Ammo, Compensator, 6x Scope and Advanced Forward Grip.. I personally hate the recoil on this gun, its a nightmare. So does anyone have a suggestion on gun thats best equipped for Automatic at Long Range
  2. Quor

If you don't like the SAW, try either the EM6 certed in a similar way (grip, scope of choice, comp and HVA), or else you could opt to try one of the battle rifles. I've heard decent things about the...Warden I think it is? Never used it myself. But it's something of a battle rifle, bridging the gap between the semi-auto snipers and an assault rifle.
  3. Jaeger41

Try dropping the HV ammo. Using HV ammo ADDS to the recoil. My NC6 has the Compensator, Advanced Forward Grip, and a 3.4 scope, and I'm pleased with the performance.
  4. Hodaddy

Dropped the Ammo and yea it was night and day difference
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

With the 6x scope no wonder it was giving you a headache. I find it works okay with lower magnification, though.
  6. Kastrenzo

Gauss Saw or EM6. Use HV

Range isn't supposed to be your thing. But You NC and the VS tend to get weapons that share perks from other factions *cough GD-7F and Serpent's ******** high ROF*, but TR don't ever get any bones.

So maybe if you ask nice enough the devs will give you another gun that's stealing another faction's weapon traits
  7. TheMercator

Why is range not supposed to be our thing?
  8. Mootar

When he read "TR weapons favour high rate of fire" his brain understood it to mean "Every high rate of fire gun in the game will be a TR gun" and he is apparently mad about it.
  9. KnightCole

Well, it is sad that the TR RoF is not higher then the other nations. The only TR HA gun really meaningfully higher then the other nations is the T9 CARV at 750. The TR needs to have the T16 buffed to like 675RpM and the TMG50 needs its RoF buffed to like 625RpM.
  10. asdfPanda

6x is a bit overkill for your purposes. The Gauss SAW should work fine. Just go down to 3.4x or 2x.
  11. HerpTheDerp

Because you have to stand still to shoot putting yourself at a lot of risk and you're not going to kill anything anyway.

If you want to snipe, get a sniper. Or... use the rocket launcher.
  12. Bill Hicks

burst fire youngling and destroy everyone mid to long
  13. ladiesop

I finally got the adv. forward grip (after having normal grip and compensator) and I think this gun has started to 'click' for me. It's much nicer to use, and I can land those shots much easier now.

It's somewhat annoying that as the started weapon it requires 330 certs to get it workable.
  14. Weirdkitten

NC6 is a superb mid-long range LMG, fit with adv grip, compensator and your pick of scope and you're good to go. I prefer the 2x reflex, it still works ok when people inevitably get close and it's good enough for long range.
  15. Jogido

You can tap fire for more control. HV helps if you are trying to hit things far out, but you can't really full auto it.

What is the range you are trying to fight at?
  16. KnightCole

OP, you have a 6x scope on your Gauss SAW and saying the recoil is bad? Umm, yeah, its already insanely high recoil is now magnified like 6x. For long range I use nothing bigger then 3.4x, or the one 4x square scope with standard sniper cross in it. Or I use a 2x and figure there is no such thing as a long range machinegun, sticking to short-mid range actions. I grab my sniper rifle or my Warden for long range action.

This was also the key to my increased success in this game over when I first started. I had originally tried to make a generalist LMG out of a CARV, and well, frankly a CARV is CQC-Short range only. Same for the Gauss SAw, dont try to make a sniper rifle out of it. equip it for mid range and dont even try to turn it into a sniper, it doesnt really do it that well. If your in a way that you feel like you wish you had a bit more range, dont engage. Wait, or move in such a way that closes the distance.
  17. HerpTheDerp

This thread is over a year old, by the way.
  18. miraculousmouse