Faction switch delay is a MUST

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by _CLU_, Aug 6, 2014.

1. _CLU_

I am getting tired of the insta-switch factions. It is nonsense. It destroys serious gameplay. It so easy for some players to switch to his freshly created BR1, blow your key sundy, return to their main... all in less than 3 minutes. Not to mention griefers that get frustrated and log with a BR1, teamkill and return to their main. It is annoying, and breaks the fun.

In PS1 we have a nice empire switch delay. In Beta we could not make another faction char on the same server. I think it is great to have alts on the same server... but, insta-switch?! Nonsense.

Please SOE, give at least 1 hour minimum delay to switch faction.

Thanks.
    • Up x 14
  2. Leftconsin

How many people have actually witnessed this happen? I've honestly never had it happen to me, a sunderer I owned, or any sunderer I've ever noticed being destroyed.
    • Up x 6
  3. _CLU_

I have seen it several times. But not only for sundies destroy, also for other nasty things like harass, griefing...

That can be easily avoided with a delay between switchs.
    • Up x 4
  4. dstock

No.

-Every player that logs alts before the character they want to play, with the intention of collecting their free certs.
    • Up x 17
  5. Dudeman325420

Won't be enforced because, as a Free-To-Play game, anyone can have as many accounts as they have email addresses (as many as they want). Once people are making one account per faction, then you have to track IP addresses, which usually isn't hard to reset... and so on. In the end it takes more work to enforce than its worth.
    • Up x 2
  6. _CLU_

Easily fixable with autocollecting free certs.

There are a lot of examples of actual mmo (even browser ones like travian for example) that tracks accurately multiaccounts,
    • Up x 3
  7. andy_m

Perhaps ten to fifteen minutes would suffice, rather than an hour.

Not having an alt on the same server sounds okay in principle, but would be very limiting, especially with server mergers going on at the moment.
  8. Mangopizza

How do you prevent people from using two accounts on two computers?
  9. Atis

You dont prevent exploits, you just make abusing them pain in da rear. Right not switching is easy. Running 2 accs is annoying.

I'd suggest 10 minutes for alts in different faction at same server and no delay if different servers or same faction.
    • Up x 2
  10. DoomFruit

Do that and you've got a deal.
  11. Nexus545

People have been calling for this since release. It's probably never going to happen. Switching issues must be relatively rare otherwise SOE would probably have done something.
    • Up x 1
  12. Sghignifiss

Two times for me in the last year and a half. It's not common but it sometimes happens: same faction guy comes up, places a few mines under the sund he has spawn from and boooom, job done. You can notice it only if you have the patience of staying around your sund all the time defending it, otherwise you'll easily miss it.
  13. Bindlestiff

... and then can log off without needing to deploy, since we don't start in the warpgate anymore. Applying a cooldown to the deploy wouldn't affect this behaviour.
  14. M4gn1

1) They don't want that. They want people to log in every day, that is why there is a limit on the amount of certs you can get before login in again.
    2) Do you have any idea how much work goes into multihunting? It's not that simple as just having a computer ban people.
  15. TheKhopesh

Yep.

Even if I don't plan to play, I still log on for certs.
    I get on most every day to get my main and alts certs before going off to work.

I'd rather not have to either wait X minutes between each (A time delay I don't have room for in the morning), or entirely give up on collecting my free certs.
    • Up x 1
  16. r4zor

Why didn't they just include a 6 hour timer like in PS1. :rolleyes:

There was a reason we had it in PS1: BECAUSE WE HAD THE EXACT SAME PROBLEM 10 YEARS AGO.
    • Up x 3
  17. ShortRovnd

I think it's more likely that they just can't be bothered.

Why spend time fixing the flaws with your game when folks will pay for it anyway? It's not like there's a direct competitor to PS2. It's more profitable for them to work on ways to get you to spend more money, like implants and directives.
    • Up x 1
  18. r4zor

Very stupid in the long run though.
  19. Nody

It would take me less then 3 min doing it with an alt account as well for the same effect; hence all you do is add a delay which has no effect to your desired end result but add a pain to legit players who log in to collect daily certs etc. If you want a change instead ask for C4 not to affect friendly vehicles (it would force them to roll up in a friendly tank which is much easier to stop and take longer to do) and as a bonus you remove some of the Warpgate griefing at the same time.
  20. RaiMarie

What's even more stupid is when the enemy gets upset at your MAX that they log on your same faction just to C4 the max from behind and log off before you can do anything about it. I had this happen to me 3 times in one day in the past...
    • Up x 1