I dislike directives

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by xboxerdude, Aug 5, 2014.

1. SteamBoiler

I dislike directives as well. Mostly because they are way too hardcore.

I really wanted to unlock "The Kraken" rocket launcher. So I was all onboard with becoming a rocket primary. But then I realized how much it made me hate this game because I was forcing myself to play a playstyle I do not find fun. There's no way in hell I'm going to auraxium 5 rocket launchers anytime soon unless I want to sacrifice real life for a while and fire rockets at people all day long.

I only want to use the weapons I like (Mini chaingun!)

Let use buy the auraxium weapons with station cash. Make them expensive even, I'd rather spend $20 on The Kraken than force myself to auraxium weapons like the striker, annihilator, and g2g launcher...

SOE, my wallet is ready.
  2. Leftconsin

I honestly have more guns than I know what to do with right now. I'll finish my Aurax of the Carv tonight or tomorrow and I'll be on to the Bull for a few more kills then the NS-15.

I kinda like this system.
  3. minhalexus

Cuz they made a Max page.

If they didn't then no they wouldn't need to reward anyone.
  4. Thardus

Then buy an Annihilator, it's the exact same thing. If just anyone can go out and buy The Kraken, it's not that special, is it?
  5. emedes

class directives are ok. Weapong directives sucks.

Who the hell want to farm 5000k kills whit weapong u dont want to use to get a shinny one thats bearly better thatn the normal ones :S

I would love if they put some improvment to weapons u allrdy had, lets say u can improve 1 weapong u allrdy have for class and that improve is permanent. I,e pharallax more muzzle speed, v10 less bullet drop, Phashift more OHK range, and such things, whit this at least u have a little more of unique gameplay and not a farm fest to be all the same freaking clow whit shinny weapons
  6. Bankrotas

The Highby... People complaining that stuff that takes time and effort, takes time and effort... Guess what, NOT ALL CONTENT IS SPECIFICALLY DESINGED FOR YOU.

50$ and no less for auraxium weapons. Or if you really want this shortcut to work, they should then make special cosmetic other weapon versions buyable with Directive points too.
  7. emedes

The problem is not the time and effort it take, is that fact that take time and effort to make a staled game even more stale :S

the game is not about balance, is about equilibrium wich is not the same, SOE wants all mech want to be the same, ineasted of having tons of diferent mechanics that they have to balance. Thats why ppl complain, its okish to have a stale fps game, but for how many time... SOE clearly dont want a game of diversity they want a game of equals wich is boring in long terms...
  8. Kunavi

Black Camo = Ancient StatPadder Lord Level 10

*Edit : Also it's actually not what I expected, in my eyes all it does is accentuate lines and textures and add some shade... Unless they changed it from how it was on Test.
  9. Church41349

Man you people really can complain about anything can't you
    • Up x 7
  10. Axehilt

Nobody worth listening to will say that, so why worry about it?

Playtime-based stats like kill count (and by extension all PS2's achievements) don't indicate skill at all. They just indicate playtime.
  11. kadney

What does "The Kraken" look like / what is it? First I thought it was some reference to a meme or something like that. Is it special or "just" a reskinned weapon?
  12. Noktaj

You are not forced to get them.
    They give no advantage, they are everyday weapons with a cool name and a cool skin so you can show off.
    Oh, and did I mention that if you don't care you are not forced to get them? :p
    • Up x 1
  13. Kociboss

Directives are awesome.
  14. iccle

Directives are just like nectar points, generally useless but along the line somewhere you may win a wine glass
  15. TomoB

Why do I need to see directive points of my killer? Why not display their certs and SC too?
  16. Captain Kid

I think any sane person ignores these directives. And certainly is not going to force himself to a playstyle just to earn a crappy weapon.
    And if you do..maybe it is time to stop playing video games.
  17. longmachao

Directives are a great addition, even if they didn't implement it I would still be getting auraxium for all different type of guns. A guy with good stat but all their kill come from the same gun/class/vehicle doesn't impress me. Diversifying add new challenges and make the game feel fresh.
  18. NinjaTurtle

I love directives why is everyone so sour

If you like them great, if you don't they are having no real impact on your personal game play so why concern yourself?

It is a bummer that some are not retroactive but that is just a flaw with the system we had before not tracking the necessary things but is it really that big a deal? Just play normally and they will come
    • Up x 2
  19. Nexus545

You aren't forced to get them but from what I gather they aren't just cosmetic. That's going by what people are saying though.

If they were purely cosmetic I wouldn't care but if they are unique weapons then it's denying the majority of people access to non-cosmetic content.
    • Up x 1
  20. Alexanor

Just to share some positive news, I happen to like Directives and they direction they're going.

Thanks.
    • Up x 1