You are not getting 50 resources every minute.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Captain Kid, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Captain Kid

I was out of resources after some mild sticky grenade spam so I alt tabbed the game and went back after 10 minutes or so. I gained zero resources.

So I decided to do an experiment and use a stopwatch.
    I did not alt tab I was at a base were there was lots of fighting.

Resources were at 100. I waited until it hit 150 and hit the stopwatch.
    1 minute went by. no resources.
    Another minute went by, I gained 50 resources.
    Then 3 minutes went by without resources.

I then dropped an ammo pack to see if getting XP would somehow trigger it and I gained another 50 resources when the timer hit 7 minutes.

So, this resource malarcy is bugged. I am not surprised.
  2. Latrodectus

While I don't know the specifics, there is a system in place that won't let you accumulate resources unless you're doing something in game. Obviously they don't want people going afk while waiting for their resources to tick back up.
    • Up x 8
  3. Paragon Exile

You don't earn resources when you're doing nothing.
    • Up x 13
  4. Captain Kid

Where did you get this info? I did not read anything about it in the patch notes.
  5. Colt556

It's been that way for a long time, even in the old system you couldn't get resources if you just afk'd.
    • Up x 4
  6. Ronin Oni

Everyone complains there's too many resources.

1 guy complains you can't regen afking

lol
    • Up x 15
  7. NC_agent00kevin

You dont earn anything when you are alt tabbed out. Hit redeploy then alt tab out for 1 minute. Watch when you alt tab back in, thats when you actually finish redeploying. (unless thats changed) The timer will count down but you wont go into the deploy screen until you go back in game. Same applies for resource points but it just doesnt happen if you are AFK. You cant even go AFK in a spawn room and wait. You have to be out of it and having done something prior to the tick - even if its looking around with the mouse. There has to be input of some kind outside of the spawn room.
  8. Leftconsin

o_O EH!? I would do that all the time.
  9. SavageBacon

I didn't realize it didn't count in the spawn room as well... I've often seen 10 seconds left before the tick and just ran a circle in the spawn and got the resources; though that was the resource system just prior to the new change
  10. Captain Kid

I've gotten resources while in the spawnroom.
    And I was walking around in the spawn room when no resources dropped so not afk.

I hope this doesn't mean if you don't earn XP for a whole minute you will not get any resources..
  11. Malorn

AFK code which disables resource income is still in effect. So you if you were perfectly stationary for several minutes you may lose some ticks due to that.

An easy way to check your resource income is to press TAB. Right below certs is a Nanite count, including a countdown to when you will next get a nanite deposit. Watch the countdown - it starts at 1 minute and when it reaches zero you get 50 nanites (assuming you aren't considered AFK).
    • Up x 15
  12. Colt556

Since I returned to the game like a month ago I couldn't idle to get resources. I tried but I'd just get skipped when the timer hit 0 unless I was actively running around doing stuff.
  13. Captain Kid

Thank you, that is very good information, did not know you could track your resource drops that accurate.

When are you considered to be AFK? I spend minutes sitting in one spot as stalker cloaker not earning any XP and hardly moving.
  14. Flag

I guess about half a minute, maybe a full one.
  15. cruczi

It would regenerate while AFK, but you had to have moved or done something in-game within the last 2 minutes. I.e. if you didn't do anything within the last 2 minutes of the resource timer, you didn't get the resources when the timer hit 0.
  16. lawn gnome

i was running around with my skyguard yesterday. i was getting blown up by tanks on a regular basis, but i never managed to run out of resources.
  17. Crashsplash

You used to often see people in the WG afk and yet their character would suddenly take a few steps forward, a few to the side and a few backwards etc. they would be running a keyboard script to give the illusion of activity.
  18. lawn gnome

solution! if you sit in the warpgate or a spawnroom in an uncontested area for more than 10 minutes then you get autodeployed to the nearest fight. or just have all timers for good things stop entirely any time you are in a warpgate or spawn (this would also encourage people to spawn warrior less).
  19. Captain Kid

I was thinking of taping down my fire key and place an ammo pack near feet.
    I go afk plenty of time and it's annoying the game shuts down completely instead of sending you back to the character screen.

will look into a keyboard script.
  20. lawn gnome

every time i have been kicked i remember it putting me back into character selection.