Duster Patch Notes (I wish)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by A Crispy Taco, Aug 6, 2014.

1. A Crispy Taco

Duster's Role: Primary Anti-Infantry
    The Duster is a weapon designed to quickly deliver large amounts of Anti-Infantry splash damage to a wide area via many small projectiles.
    Currently the Galaxy is the best anti-infantry Gunship because it offers 2 Bulldogs vs. a Liberator's 1 lol :p

However the way the Duster is currently designed makes the Zephyr or Bulldog a much more effective Anti-Infantry option for several reasons...
    Why does the Duster "not perform to design"?
    1. Cone of fire is too large - Make it more accurate with less "Reticle flare" as the trigger is held down
    2. Projectile Speed is too slow - Increase the Muzzle Velocity to that of the Zephyr / Bulldog (+100)
    3. Magazine too short - Add "Magazine Size" upgrade: 5 extra rounds at 4/4 upgrade
    4. Rate of fire too slow - The Duster needs to ramp up it's rate of fire as the trigger is held down more than it currently does. Offering a faster base rate of fire while increasing it's maximum rate of fire potential (while in full auto ) would greatly improve it's damage output potential.
    Make it happen Sony. I have put enough money into Planetside 1 and 2 over the years to have hired my own personal developer to fix these issues by now.
    • Up x 2
  2. Yeahy

Duster : HE
    Zephr: HEAT
    Dalton: AP.

Simple.
  3. Demigan

The HE and HEAT of tanks have just been normalized: HE deals less damage to tanks and has larger AOE, HEAT more to tanks but smaller AOE. In everything else, from reload speed, bullet speed and bullet drop they have all been equalized.

As for the OP: Bulldogs have just had their AOE decreased, they will be much less effective now against infantry.
  4. A Crispy Taco

I think he was commenting more on what the Guns should = in terms of damage type. Yes I am aware of the Bulldog nerf. It's still one of the best Anti-Infantry options even over the Duster :p
  5. Yeahy

The thing is that the duster does great damage against armor and still has great splash for anti infantry. SOE doesn't want anything that's good at both so they completely throw the accuracy and velocity into the gutter. If you want a better duster, either Anti armor or anti infantry has to be nerfed.
  6. DarylPH

Don't burst the Duster.. Or it will be a crap! 2 direct hits can kill, like the Zephyr. i got a lot of kills.. And I bought it, hoping a gunner will do the same thing that I did..
  7. Paragon Exile

Great ideas!

The Duster is only a few small tweaks away from being a really great weapon.
  8. Pikachu

Duster can not be balanced just like scat-mag. Stupid idea that everyone complained over since it was announced.