NC08 Mag Scatter has no reason to be in the game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MisterBond, Aug 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterBond

There is not a single solitary reason to have this pistol in the game, by using it the only pistols that are less effective is the ones that shoot fireworks and snowballs.

It can't even one hit headshot infantry in the head, you only get 4 rounds, and its effectiveness past 10m makes it completely useless.

I have no idea why this is in the game, every single other pistol in the game performs better.

Hold onto your money and your certs, or buy a commissioner/underboss, both of which clearly superior, and can kill at range.
    • Up x 5
  2. Pikachu

Ever since ESP were put on the roadmap people have thought it way too hard to balance a shotgun pistol.
  3. MisterBond

Its just pathetic period.

If you're only going to give me four shots it better bloody well hurt, the fricken crossbow hurts more and its also more reliable.
  4. Clay

I think it hurts pretty well. At least your feelings
    • Up x 8
  5. KnightCole

its in the game cuz #NCShotgunEVERYTHING

All we need now is a MBT Shotgun Maincannon
    LMG Shotgun, 75 rounds firing Shotgun slugs similar to the Jackhammer
    Shotgun rocket pods
    Shotgun Dalton and Zephyr
    Shotgun M20
    Shotgun Kobalt...

Get to it SoE...
    • Up x 4
  6. Kanil

It's great at giving yourself a headache, if you fire it while ADS.
  7. Sghignifiss

Have you considered just ignoring it and using something else?
    • Up x 2
  8. MisterBond

Have you considered what VS and TR got is 10x better?
  9. Ronin Oni

You forgot the shotgun with an underbarrel shotgun!

OH WAIT!
    • Up x 4
  10. doombro

It's cool, and now we're one step closer to being able to say that NC has a shotgun for literally everything.

There, reason.
    • Up x 4
  11. Ronin Oni

Uhm, last I heard Spiker was still basically a joke.

Even Amp isn't that great, being slightly better than default at 5m, but past 10m being a LOT worse.

We didn't need the pistols at all, who cares if they blow? Just use the Commie like every single VS has since inception.
  12. Ronin Oni

because it is. It either would have been OP giving Stalker cloaks shotguns, even low capacity ones, when even regular infiltrators were deemed OP with shotguns in beta, or it'd be like it is and effectively a short range Underboss.

There's no way it was going to work out.

Same thing with charge mechanic. I'm sure some people will get some kills with it, but it really doesn't fit the purpose of a pistol
    • Up x 1
  13. hostilechild

The pistol all sound like they would be great, but all the whine suggest its just marketing hype.

Shotgun pistol should kill in 2 hits, VS burst charge to 6 definitely 1 shot. TR pistol that = smg? Now put these on a cloaked stalker infil and you have a nightmare. So i guess i see why they are ****, the whines would never stop if they matched the expectations.
  14. Goretzu

The VS ones seems at least as bad (if not worse)...... but the NC one is basically just worse than a current option everywhere (it's basically the Railjack or the Aegis Sheild all over again - looks good, performs worse than the other options).

The TR one, well for a start it is being compared to the Repeater (arguably THE best pistol in the game) and it does have some utility over that.
  15. Pikachu

Someone suggested back then that the liberator should get a quad barreled NC shotgun belly gun. Low skill maybe but I would want to try it! :D He called it "heavy airhammer".
    [IMG]
    • Up x 3
  16. minhalexus

I assume the sales of these pistols will be pretty high considering the fact that they are so unique.

Even though I know that they would be slightly worse than other pistols, they are still sweet to use.
    • Up x 1
  17. DevDevBooday

They are all useless

The NC pistol has no reason to exist next to the Rebel or Underboss
    The AMP has no reason to exist next to the Repeater
    The Spiker is just unreliable, has fire delays and bad.

They all suck, move on people, did you honestly think ANY of them could compete with NS?
    • Up x 1
  18. AdmiralArcher

actually this is a 2 hit kill no matter what, so its more powerful than the crossbow at close range
    • Up x 2
  19. MisterBond

Its a two hit kill at absolute "I can reach out and punch you" range, in which case firing almost any other pistol plus knife is infinitely faster.

It should be a two shot kill at a respectable range, you know, like THE SHOTGUNS that are already in the game, as it is right now is a complete joke and useless
  20. sindz

Oh the VS burst pistol which is worse than NC burst pistol in every category? Or do you mean the rest of the VS pistols which are inferior to any NC pistol?

Please enlighten me, where VS get something 10x better?
    • Up x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.