What is your Modus Operandi?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ewokinarmor, Jul 16, 2014.

1. elementotrl

Hit hard, fast, and from everywhere except for where they think I am.
    • Up x 1
  2. Xocolatl

Used to be "Be the coolest looking guy on the battlefield".

Now I'm gunning for "Be that really annoying guy". I try to annoy the heck out of the enemies, even if I can't kill them--as per advices from these fine gentlemen posting on the first page.
  3. cruczi

Used to be sniping from afar, now it's close-midrange semi auto or silenced BASR fighting. I prefer to play my infiltrator actually infiltrating, working behind enemy lines, hacking stuff, causing disarray and distracting the opponent from the main fights. Just had a really nice run doing this, there was a huge zerg fight going on at a base on Hossin (can't remember name), I snuck uphill to the next base where the enemy was pulling vehicle reinforcements. Got two Lightnings by hacking turrets, and almost 10 kills with claymores and a silenced 3.4x HDS scope TSAR-42.

If I want to do something else than infiltrate, I play other classes. For flanking, I use LA with a midrange carbine, it's just so much more maneuverable on the sidelines. For direct combat in bases, I currently play a Heavy Assault with the Baron shotgun, conc nades and Decimator. Baron is a beast of a weapon, I don't regret the 1000 cert purchase one bit.
    • Up x 1
  4. NC_agent00kevin

Motion spotters (sometimes just as traps with proxy mines) and the NS Vandal. I so very much love that gun; sometimes you can even take a HA head to head with it if you land the headshots. Im pretty sure if you checked my VS killboard right now, its mostly proxy mine and Vandal kills.
  5. Kalari

be the dude everyone HATES to fight.
    baiting, ambushes, traps. stay unseen and leave them wondering "where the hell did that come from?"
  6. Epicstrat

Keep my distance, kill as many as I can. Scout rifles and low zoom snipers work best for me. ( Low zoom = 7x or less, sometimes 12x is fun too). They know I'm there, but for the moment they can't do anything about it. One kill, take cover. Pop out somewhere else to get the next guy. Getting overwhelmed? Drop a mine and slink off without being seen. They round the corner getting ready to shoot me but all that's left is a mine. Kill a few more people and repeat. If I need to be more discreet or if I get overwhelmed a bit, the pistol knife school of fighting is surprisingly effective against people who think they're getting an easy kill. Somebody though giving me a shotgun was a good idea, so the next few weeks should be fun. On a side note, I really want smoke nades for infiltrator. In a nutshell, ambush everyone. Reposition and do it again. Cover the tracks with traps and stab many things. I'm a damn ninja. I need to redeem myself though, I lost the highest mag-cutter kill record for my server when Emerald was born. I have some stabbing to do.
  7. breeje

i play with stalker cloak and x-bow to sneak in to enemy lines and kill up close.
    if i killed a high ranked player with a good recognizable camo i go and find him kill him over and over again.
    o i love playing with there minds (of those how think they posses the fields)

try it, u will see the hate and rage come to u in text mail.
    only do high ranked players 70+ we do not want newbies to start hating this game
  8. BurntDevil

I find sniping to be the least effective use of my time, considering theres typically already 40 other people sniping at any given time. If I do bother to snipe, its only to countersnipe someone who think's hes found a good spot.

Most of my time lately has been deep infiltration by means of Stalker cloak. This was my prime activity in PS1, and a role I really enjoy doing. Sadly theres just not enough to do behind lines like PS1.

I have all but the underboss unlocked for pistols for my nc. I will likely be getting the mag scatter when it comes out too. What gun I take is dependent on my mission:

Magshot: I use this in a biolab defensive role. I dont need to worry about stealth so I just run a laser pointer and clickspam at enemies.

Desperado: My sentry duty gun. I run a suppressor and flashlight on this gun. Its for me to sit somewhere, and watch for other infiltrators, watching for that blurry lump trying to sneak in a doorway, then lighting them up. When not sitting still, Im patrolling around looking for stalkers to tell to get out. I sometimes will take it sniper hunting, just so I can burst them down before they can cloak and fall off a mountain and I lose them.

Rebel: My preferred pistol of choice for most operations. I take it with me for most offensive ops, sneaking into bases, hiding in a crowd of enemies, and mid field shooting works as well as one would hope for a pistol. My preferred tactic is to sneak up and go for the double tap to the noggin. This works well if I sit above a control point or generator and wait for someone to do the "hurr Im going to stand still behind objective" routine, then pew pew, no time to react.

Commissioner: I really regret buying the black model of this considering the new player created camos pretty much cover that up. I dont really even use it much any more. Its a good sniper assassination weapon if you can stalk up to one and get that instant kill headshot on them. I run this gun on my TR for flashlight duties but I really dont pull it much any more. Its more the iron sights on it, they are just bad. However, it does work pretty well for biolab pew pew fests I guess if I just go around hipfiring it.

Hunter: Troll gun of the top order. I run the x4 scope on it with laser and just try to stalker snipe with it (works better on my drifter la). Its not really that useful for anything I do other than to goof off with. I use it more on my engy spamming infinite darts everywhere. It is fun however to plink at tanks with with the explosive darts. Ive killed a few tanks that tried to skirt back to base for repairs with the skin of their ***. Needless to say I end up being searched for after that.

Repeater: My TR doesnt use this often. Sure, its good for bursting down some real fast, but I tend to run out of ammo way too quickly and taking extra ammo doesnt always help me.

Emperor: Use this one way more, its basically the magshot and I prefer it over the inquisitor for its higher per shot damage (better for leeching). Good for most ops.

Beamer: The few times I bother to play my vanu, this pistol is not used. Not sure why anyone would.

Manticore: Its a magshot, it works. My vanu has a parachute esf, and I make more ballsy insertions in it than I do on my nc (which I dont have the parachute). This works well for crazier ops.

I do love to run me some auto scouts too. If I need to serious mode help my factions, they are what I pull, they work well for just about any manner of combat. I prefer them over my SMG's, which I only really use in a sentry role. Get good cover, armor cloak, and just flank flank flank.
  9. Gladiator

My modus operandi is the rams .50 with 12x scope, currently ~ 11 500 kills with it. 84% headshots. I just love that gun and that kind of playstyle. :D
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428087447813366657/weapons

I use it anywhere from close range to extreme ranges, I prefer the 250~300 meter range but I'll go in mid range if thats the only option. Funny story it wasn't until yesterday that I discovered the straight pull bolt, which was kinda "lol @ myself".
  10. Nurath

I use Stalker cloak and the crossbow.

Reason? One day I got bored of snipers so now when a base is under attack and the snipers are out I like to pull my stalker infil and go hunt down the snipers.

I enjoy seeing them staring down their scope oblivious to all, and sending them to respawn.

I like to think it helps in a way discourage too many snipers from camping a base, and force players into more productive roles when they realise it isn't a care-free point-and-click adventure but a tactic that comes with a specific danger: being hunted by the likes of me.

Any other infils enjoy hunting down enemy sniper infils?

Plus it's fun sneaking around and coming out of the shadows for a quick silent and decisive assassination. :)
  11. Antich

I use the impetus with 1x reflex, hunter cloak and nanoweave armor. ALso, i think my infi should already attend to AA meetings after all the medpacks he eats daily.

My playstyle is very suicidal, cloak and charge ahead, kill more guys till they kill me. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. I just have no patience for waiting in stalker cloak or sniping from 100m+, i need to be in the middle of the action. Yeah, probably would be better to go with an HA at that point but infi is soo rewarding when you pull a kill streak with.

Hossin also gave me the option(with all the fighting between bases and the terain that suits it) to play my aggresive style more tactical and more like a predator. Way more flanking options, way more snipers that think they are in good cover and nobody can hurt them 50m from the spawnroom cause ... trees. Lately ive been getting a big amount of infiltrator kills as compared to other classes. Whenever i see a sniper nest i feel an urge to go charge it with my semiauto sniper and decimate the poor guy.
    • Up x 1
  12. Linheru

I've been gone for a while, but coming back I still seem to gravittae towards my trusty little tank breaking Flash. There's only a scant few situation where hoofing it is a better use of my time really. Bio labs come to mind :p

As for when I DO hoof it, I mostly use scout rifles. Been using Vandal since it came out, but I'm still trying to get that Artemis auraxed. Same with Sirius. I just suck hard at using automatic rifles, that spread and recoil(even though almost absent on artemis) is something I'm just not used to from previous games I've played.

Driving a flash on the other hand... I love how my outfitmates react when I let them know I've taken out a couple of vanguards and a galaxy. xD
  13. Scan

Having been gone for a long time, but recently returned to Auraxis, I once again picked up my old trusty Bolt Action sniper.

Being a player from a time where there were no SMG's, no guaranteed OHK within 50 meters, I've adapted a playstyle that relies on getting a headshot at ranges below 50 meters and above 10 meters.

As such I run around with a suppressed BASR, with a 12x scope, and try to make it my business to be located behind the enemy often right under their noses.

I look for positions that have line of sight on towers, overlooks, and walls where many enemies have made their front lines. I attempt to snipe engineers, medics and heavy assaults to who are fighting to halt my teams advance.

From this position I fire recon darts, spot sunderers and generally relay as much intel as I can, as I pick off one enemy who thinks he's behind cover after the other.

By the time the enemy has roughly determined where the shots are coming from, I'm already gone...

Be invisible, be unpredictable and stay on the move.... and most importantly... don't miss.
  14. void666

My modus operandi is believe i'm a HA and get killed over and over again. Sometimes i remember i'm playing infiltrator and play accordingly. Planning, positioning, ambushing and i do a lot better.

I have 3 loadouts. Sniper, smg and stalker.

But i'm having more fun and being more useful as smg infiltrator. I'm using the NS smg and the motion spotter. I love that thing.
    Placing it near a point and seeing the enemies there, if there are maxes and even where they are facing is amazing.