[Merger Smash] Woodman Vs Miller Overview

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yamiks, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Yamiks

• Up x 2
  2. 1Fuzzy

The medic thing at Gourney Dam, is this really allowed?
    Not some kind of bug abuse or whatnot so they'd disqualify themselves?
  3. maxkeiser

Thanks for this.

Woodman playing as TR is just horrid. The server has been defined for some time by the forces of Vanu. Also, I didn't play in the smash, but if I did I wouldn't have had a clue how to use any of the TR kit. I don't even have a TR character on any server.
  4. Mastachief

If you are referring to the medic revive leveling that was done prior to the event.

It is not permitted on live servers. You would likely get banned for that.

However it was permitted on the locked Jaeger server in order to level those special accounts to BR10 for beacons. These accounts are special event accounts flagged for that server. It was only needed because the lack of downtime last week resulted in SOE being unable to update those accounts to BR100.
  5. 1Fuzzy

Oh okay. Wonder why this hasn't been one of the hossin map fixes already. And make it so that you vanish when falling into the water and die (restricted area) like it is on that one facility on amerish i think, can't remember the name right now.
  6. Dinapuff

I heard a little bird whisper to me that neither side wanted to fight Vanu, and both sides wanted to be Vanu, so in the end the reps agreed it had to be NC vs TR.
  7. AshHill07

Welcome to Miller guys, enjoy your stay and hopefully the residents won't be too hard on you.
  8. Shinrah

Why that? It´s hard to see upsides to VS kit on Miller since they are the bottomfeeding empire atm. Rolled an NC after I got back to see how it goes and was astonished to see how bad VS players on Miller are on average.
  9. Antich

That kinda makes sence considering how OP PPA and lasher spams can be in organised play. Not to even mention the FPS drops and visibility problems when being shot by 100 lasers.
  10. Dinapuff

I don't know. What part of the Schyte giving the wielder a clear advantage in the air would ever persuade someone to want to roll VS?
    What about how the Magrider performs as a versatile weapons platform with viable AI and AV loadouts? What part of their MAX having clear range advantage on the other MAXes without suffering overly much close range is not attractive? How about we also mention that the Orion is a better lmg than the anchor? Or how their weaponry is superior ADAD strafing and long ranged ADS accuracy while moving ? How about their superior movespeed while ADS? The Vanu are great in low numbers and greater in higher numbers once you move beyond merely holding capture points.

I dunno. At the end of the day all i head was that neither side wanted to play against the Vanu so that meant neither side got to play Vanu.
  11. kadney

Edit: The revive thing was already explained further up. I still wouldn't recommend trying this on any live server.
  12. Prudentia

Superior ADS movement speed?
    like Orion, SVA which are good
    Zenith which is just a straight downgrade to the VX67?
    What else? NS11c?or the best VS assault rifle? the NS11A?
    There are 2 reasons i would ever use the zenith:
    auraxium farm
    You can't hipfire the VX67 because you are so conditioned to ADS that you do it regardless of range. it's effective range is the same as the VX, just that it has 75% movement speed while the VX has 100%
  13. maxkeiser

Most of us (like me) already have alts on Miller anyway, and have played there for ages.
  14. HAYMAKER

Same here, now ill have 4 toons on one server. Lel
  15. Epoch/Eep

I really enjoyed myself. I felt like Woodman and Miller played similar games for that first hour and it was really enjoyable. Miller were slowly pushing but Those northern caps kept the score so tight. then Woodman suddenly lost a bunch of resecures arriving really late and lost momentum. I am not sure what happend as they were on the ball early on but they started arriving 20 seconds before cap and it wasnt cutting it.

Anyway the merge is looking really good. The amount of MCG use was staggering though....Never have i seen so many people using it. Its pretty bad *** on mass.