PTS Patch Notes - 8/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 2, 2014.

1. MasterJohn99

its about time you nefted these noobs running around with rockets, be nice to see if they know what a rocket is really used for TANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Now nerf the pounders, and give NC a longer range to maxes, as we are the only team with maxes that cant hit passed 25m rofl
  2. KirthGersen

You know, when I see these cries from HE farm victims, I can even exuse HE nerf :D
    And don't worry, even if it will be removed, I'd find a way to farm towers, spawnrooms etc. But this is not the best use of high explosive rounds. The best is groung infantry zerg breaking and toasting. That sweet feel when organized enemy run gets ruined to hell in few seconds, medics try to revive mates but only bring more and more kills. DAT IS AWESOME!

As I said before in other thread, some poor guys will cry and cry forever, and reason is OMG WTF I payed money for fun but some bad guys farm and farm me.

It's difficult to farm good players, face this fact and start to improve skills.
    • Up x 2
  3. PanzerKami

This is so stupid it hurts. The whole point with PS2 is that it provides an actual battlefield where all sorts of ordnance and vehicles are available. The variety and complexity IS the game.
    There are enough brain-dead twitch-shooters out there already. If all you want to do is run around knifing people and do close range twitch-duels while bunny-hopping then go play COD or any clone of your choice already. They made those games for "people like yourself" to use your phrase.
    • Up x 1
  4. BobSanders123

Terran Republic: Traditional, fast fire rate, bullets, large magazine sizes, quick reload speeds, contrallable recoil, and fast vehicles.

Terran Republic: Hi welcome to the Grand Terran Army, our tanks can only kill on a direct hit, and their armor is made of paper! Our rocket launchers full of 29th century high grade explosive shrapnel can't kill a single infatry unit and our gunship tail guns are better than our belly guns! Our 150mm high explosive blast cannon has no noticable blast radius and we have a double barreled tank because that is totally traditional military style that didn't prove to be completely ineffective in combat during prototype runs in the early 21st century! Our guns can't fire faster than a WW2 submachine gun due to technical limitations and we don't have any viable minigun! None of guns can fire faster than 1000 RPM and our mosquito nose guns fire at the same rate as our infantry weapons. Our vehicle mounted vulcan uses the same 30mm rounds as the 21st century avenger and fires at 800 rpm! About 5 times slower than the GAU-8 Avenger nose mounted minigun!
    • Up x 3
  5. StyleBlaster

after rocket changes, if i am full health flak 5 MAX, am i gonna survive after 2 decimator direct hits?
    make sense since infantry flak 5 survives direct hit.
  6. Noppa

Most likely not since infantry version of flak affects on direct hit damage too and Max version doesn't.. but anyway if Max can survive that 2 hits rocket launcher there would be around 1-2% hp left so that really doesn't matter!
  7. Linus

This new patch may be quite interesting to test so to see if the changes have any real impact on the game.

The PPA nerf is strong, but if people think that they are safer now, they are wrong. The core design of the PPA is to be spammy, so do not expect it to shoot like a pistol, one day.
    The light buff of the other two Ai secondaries is very welcome.

It is obvious that they have an hard time trying to balance HE and HEAT. This might be the solution or this might be not.
    They have to ensure to keep the OHK from a direct hit, no matter the type of the primary.

No spawn timer for the Maxes is something very bad, and the splash damage reduction of the rocket launchers helps on their survavibility. I believe that both of those facts are negative.
    Be prepared to see maxes crash more often.

"New Player Studio items have been added! Rejoice in your new potential for beauty."
    Very good, i hope there will be some new items other than helmets.
  8. Lynoocs

so.. the prowler will get ahead of the pack ai, since with the vanguard or magrider non-he you can only kill 1 infantry and reload, and with the prowler you get 2 shots. nice
    • Up x 1
  9. PanzerKami

All the whining about "farming" and "spamming" (which is the reason for these nerfs of course) is misguided to say the least.

The problem is not the base designs and it's not the presence of HE and HEAT. The problem is that people - like total idiots - keep spawning into overrun bases. They run out the door and get wasted by the ten tanks outside only to respawn into the same room and run out the same bloody door, again and again. And after being killed 26 times they hop on the forum and cry about being farmed.

This is PS2. We are not restricted to a small map, we have room to maneuver and find solutions to problems. Anyone being farmed is being incompetent. Base overrun? Spawn into the next base and deal with the problem.

But apparently that is not what some people want. They want to insta-spawn, run through a door and shoot stuffs. Actually maneuver for 2 minutes? Out of the question when you have the attention-span of a banana fly. Fine, I get that thinking and patience isn't for everyone. What I don't understand is why they don't just go an play one of the many, many shooters that specialize in exactly this playstyle instead of trying to dumb down PS2.

That's what I think about this.
    • Up x 2
  10. YoXn

Me saying removing HE, and Heat from the game doesn't mean I do not like combined arms. I fly ESF's, I use tanks aswell (AP), and Do all sorts of stuff. That's why I love this game. But when Combined arms because Combined farms... Then we have a problem. SOE agrees with me, and thus nerfing the stuff you truly believe is what's best for the game. This is probably going to be one of the best patches in the game, and I cannot wait for the fountain of tears from the players who think they are good at this game because they farm infantry in a HE/Heat tank. Get gud PZ!
  11. PanzerKami

Why should that never be a thing? You take every opportunity to brag about what a 1337 player you are... so are you also telling me that you can't figure out the obvious solution to the problem of a spawn room being locked down and overrun? Seriously?
  12. Plunutsud pls

Thanks for the low dps burst pistol that can't even come close to competing with the Repeater - which every TR player seems to be using.

It's ok, the VS played since 2012 without a burst pistol and will just keep playing without a competitive one.
  13. Slandebande

Mate, do you even read? The update specifically said it was to prevent OHK from splash alone. The Prowler hasn't been able to kill anything with splash alone for a very long time, heck, even Flak wearing troops survive 1 DIRECT Prowler hit. With the upcoming changes non-Prowlers kill in 1 direct hit, or 2 indirect hits (if they aren't wearing Flak). Prowlers kill in 1 direct hit (if they aren't wearing Flak) and 3 indirect hits (if they aren't wearing Flak). If they are wearing Flak the Prowler needs to land 2 direct hits, or 4+ indirect hits.
  14. maxxlight

when do u think its time for nerfin Vanguards ? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
  15. LLancaster

I know this was already touched on in a post you've already replied to, but I would like to reiterate it as well instead of just clicking the thumbs up button as the topic is one I am keenly interested in. I am also not expecting a long response or even one at all, I just want to put my hand up and ask "Why?".

I am a simple man so I will put this simply, what is the vision for the game in terms of gameplay?

Is Planetside 2 meant to be a strategic game with players needing to think or is it a twitch game where players are only expected to react (because at the moment it does both but neither very well)? So for comparison, a game like Team Fortress 2 (aka Hat Simulator) can be very strategic on being in the right place at the right time with the right class and knowing the counters (Pyro's airblast to the Soldiers and Demoman's explosives) compared to a game like Unreal Tournament where the moment you see an enemy you shoot them, there is no lying in wait or counter, they are dead and you are not.

Enter Planetside 2 that tries to do both, a game where the amount of people fighting over an area matters (the more guns you bring, the higher DPS, the faster you kill people, the more they sit waiting to respawn not doing anything) but also what they bring to the fight (AV, AA, and AI weapons).

I feel like the balance of the game needs to be centred around STRATEGY vs. TWITCH gameplay. Can a player's reaction be trumped by another player's strategy and vice versa? If the gameplay is only meant to be one or the other, then the community needs to know so we can help with that vision. Right now, it's like trying to help a blind man understand colour, the players are blind to YOUR vision, all we hear is "+stats and -stats" and are left to make our own conclusions.

Here's a good final question to wrap this up and bring home my point, why does a lock on only rocket, need to have a reduced blast radius?

Looking forward to more empire specific content,

Lancaster
    • Up x 1
  16. maxxlight

perhaps for the 3% of idiots repairing the sundy ? o_O
    • Up x 2
  17. Fried Bacon

Because well,

SOE wants to turn Planetside 2 into a copy-pasta but vastly inferior version of Call of Duty.

The reason is because the Call of Duty game model makes way more MONEY than a combined arms game where infantry, often newbies or players coming from games like Call of Duty, gets killed by tanks / aircraft / rockets /maxes that they don't know how to kill.

Afterall, Sony is a business, not charity. Can't really blame them for turning a once great game, into a disgusting pile of diarrhea.

P.S. to Sony:

If you drunkards at Sony do decide to turn Planetside into an inferior version of Call of Duty, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF HIGBY'S BUNG HOLE

Make the guns look different, sound different, animate different and add an actual Call of Duty touch to it. Create some Call of Duty perks that ACTUALLY WORK, NOT some broken implant system that don't do cow manure unless you're using some rare pay-2-win Tier 3 junk.

Uninstalled today. I am going back to Battlefield. :mad:
    • Up x 1
  18. Stormsinger

Since rockets are no longer going to be OHK capable, for the most part - perhaps an increase in velocity is called for, or a reduction in drop? at .35 meter blast radius, launchers may as well be tennis ball launchers. :p
    • Up x 1
  19. Scr1nRusher

COD kids like you are destroying this game.
  20. Scr1nRusher

Basically.

With the rocket changes.... you can't kill groups of infanry, Medic balls or engineers repairing maxes & vehicles.

This will not end well for the infantry combat part of the game.

And vehicles...... got messed up this patch......... expect alot more HE users.

This patch is not only infantry favored, but its also going to massively hurt the infantry game.
    • Up x 1