PTS Patch Notes - 8/1

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Aug 2, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

What comes right before the and?
    • Up x 1
  2. Scr1nRusher

interesting change of topic viewpoint......

anyways It sounded like you wanted rockets to cost nanites.
  3. Scr1nRusher

ummm I don't camp in spawns.

So I see you are using the most basic paided troll tactic of insulting when backed up in a corner.

you've been found out.
    • Up x 2
  4. DatVanuMan

Anyone else opposing the new splash adjustments? Vehicles don't deserve to get nerfed over one damned cannon while Raven MAXes continue to break battles and destroy everything in their paths>:/
  5. Scr1nRusher

its infantry AV max ranges in general.

Engineer AV turrets..... G2G lock ons(and also the lancer), and Max AV weapons.

All have ranges that exceed Infantry render distance(300 meters).
  6. DatVanuMan

What's wrong with the Lancer, bro?
  7. Scr1nRusher

its max range is 600 meters.

Thats double the infantry render distance of 300.

BTW..... Vehicles render at 1000 meters.

So vehicles cannot see or fight back against something thats not in render distance. but infantry can fight vehicles that they can see.

anyways...... We are getting off topic.
    • Up x 1
  8. DatVanuMan

I can't see vehicles beyond 400 meters. Why not just increase the distance at which infantry render?
    Oh, this is off-topic. Pardon me, commander.
  9. Azerban

I have maybe 10 posts on these forums in the last two years so Higby isn't getting his monies worth.

RIP your overpowered murder sticks, your tears will fill Hossin and quench Searhus.
  10. Scr1nRusher

something is very wrong with you.
  11. MrJengles

Not at all, my viewpoint has always been that there are two routes to balance explosives. Perhaps I wasn't so clear in my first post, I was trying to explain what would be necessary to keep rockets as powerful as they are against infantry, not that I wanted it to happen - as you pointed out there would be complications.

This only leaves us with keeping them weak against infantry, which is what SOE are doing.
  12. Scr1nRusher

But anything with splash(and lethal kill radiuses) balances out clusters of infantry.

if you can't kill the clusters then theres a issue.

also that is true, theres many ways of balancing out explosives.
  13. MrJengles

And every alternative for killing clusters of infantry costs resources and tends to focus on anti-infantry with less damage to armor. Rockets simply had too much going for them. Why throw a grenade at a clump of infantry when you can stand by an ammo pack and spam round after round?
  14. VaporCZ

So .. The rocket launcher nerf is in because they needed to nerf the tanks again so now a infantry vs tank battle will last 5 min. Just make tank guns do no dmg infantry that I'm sure will make the infantry purists happy. Problem solved.
  15. DatVanuMan

By the five minutes part, do you mean infantry or vehicles will win?
    • Up x 1
  16. Scr1nRusher

Because rockets are more accurate.

Rockets have a simple job.
  17. Azerban

Says the person who responds to the unbelievable situation of someone disagreeing with their opinion with accusations of being on the take.

That said, this game is so much better than it was in 2012 that it's pretty clear they're taking the lessons they're learning in design and balance to heart, and I'm very excited to see the completion of the ANT arc.
    • Up x 2
  18. Scr1nRusher

so you now are going 180 on your topics stance. From negative to positive.

BTW whats your ingame characters name & what server do you play on?
  19. Afeltman

SOE clearly just wants you to use the faction specific lockon launcher for all time heavy assault use, you get lockons to aircraft too!
  20. AdmiralArcher

perhaps you should include the rest of the quote too...

actually i hate batman....lamest DC character ever the movies were alright.....but they were really dark for no reason especially since he didnt serve justice as it should have been, and the recent Man of Steel movie was godawful, in fact....i really dont like DC, Marvel all the way, (except for Arrow and Flash, they are pretty cool)