New Pistols... (yes another one)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Dramonicous, Aug 1, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

Want to duel? I'll duel you. I love dueling. Dueling makes me feel more professional and civilized. The Crown airpad, use your favorite pistol, and I'll use the Scat. Three trials, and I'm GunnerTobusco.
  2. DatVanuMan

I think that's how PS1 used to be. Everybody says the PS1 Spiker used to be amazingly effective while being balanced, so... The Spiker of the present doesn't seem to be amazingly effective. In my opinion.
    The Mag-scat needs everything you stated, and could a bit more accuracy to buff that range.
    The AMP is very balanced, and once again, needs what you listed. Just a bigger magazine, and it's good to go.
    • Up x 2
  3. Bape

lol ok ill use the spiker add me im BapeVS.
  4. DatVanuMan

Alright then. I'll beat you, bro. Heavy Assault, alright?
  5. Bape

Im not gonna use heavy assault that noob tube.
  6. DatVanuMan

What are you going to use, then?
  7. ISKNausicaa

this vid from paqu pretty much sums up where the new pistols are at:

8. Bape

medic.
  9. DatVanuMan

YOU'RE GOING DOWN, HOMIE:p
  10. Quiiliitiila

I must know the results :p

11. Bape

I won't if you go medic as well.

I will contact you either tomorrow or monday for the duel.
  12. DatVanuMan

Sure. Wait, what SHOULD I be if you're a medic and you won't let me be your class?
  13. DatVanuMan

You may spectate the duel, if you wish:)
    Prepare to see how badly this Spiker user will be pwned:cool:
  14. Bape

Whatever class you are I will be as well.
  15. DatVanuMan

So, LA?
  16. minhalexus

The engineer class will probably give you the best traditional FPS gameplay.
    Since it's the one class in Planetside 2 that doesn't really have a special ability, only special tools.
  17. Dramonicous

With latest update the spiker was made better in its most lacking departments, while I still hate charge up feature (which is questionable for infils) I think its a good gun more in line with the other 2 new pistols.
    Im going to give it a try on my infil when it goes live, failing that I will most certainly use it on my HA loadouts and as flashlight pistol.
    A perfectly aimed charge is able to kill full hp infantry at 20m now, and without suppressor at 25m ish. Though suppressor is definitely needed as the muzzle flash will mess up follow up shots and reveal your position instantly.

The firing delay between regular bursts have also shorten a little so it no longer feels like ur waiting half a second between shots.
    All in all its in a decent place now but people who are excellent with commissioner will have no reason to get it.
  18. WalrusJones

I like to think that the TR got a shotgun too in the AMP, they are just in denial about it.

Not that I mind.... ;)
  19. Dramonicous

I dont think TR and NC realize what kinda of beasts guns they r getting.
    In CQC they will outshine everything.

Just wish we VS would get a pistol that works better for infiltrators.
    Our factions main problem thou is that all our faction pistols fill the exact same role, and none of them are good at it.
    If we made a firing macro for beamer then it would rock thou, but that is most likely a bannable offense.