New Pistols... (yes another one)

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Dramonicous, Aug 1, 2014.

1. Dramonicous

First off

That explains my reaction to the newest version of the pistols.

TR :
    As usual SOEs posterboy empire gets the strongest (by far) pistol which reminds me of the prenerf repeater but far more deadly. With a TTK equal to most carbines it will effectively dominate every loadout, especially stalker ones.
    Large enough magazine to kill 4 1000hp infantry with headshots (without misses) and easily finish off 2 infantry during normal circumstances. Ofcourse the gun will also work excellent for knife combos, leaving absolutely no time for the victim to react.
    Theres also another thread on the forum (from a TR) complaining that the magazine size is too small.
    ok...

Only bad thing with this pistol is that I think it looks like crap.

NC :
    And now enter the shotguns...
    While not as ridiculous as the TR then this gun is also very overpowered.
    It has precisely enough dmg to instagib a infiltrator with a headshot.
    It will 2 shot all infantry at 10-12m if aimed in the neck area.
    Suppressor on a shotgun? Sure why not?
    This pistol will be the new bodyshot+knife favorite, since commissioner no longer can do this after knife dmg nerf.

VS :
    Hahahaha our science will overcome everything!
    We have developed a pistol that can instakill all infantry at almost 20m range with wellplaced headshots.
    We have named this pistol Spiker in honor of the strongest anti infantry and MAX alike weapon from our early days of the auraxis war, the gun that you Dramonicous used to blow away entire platoons with like they were insects. The gun that had such explosive radius that it rivaled grenade launchers. The gun that people dreaded so much they dared not use themselves after seeing it in action.

Ohh before you go, one more thing, you need to decloak and charge it for 2-3 seconds, and the refire rate on normal firing mode is about 0.5 seconds.

Ok...
    This pistol is actually the worst thing you could possibly give to a infiltrator, or anyone else for that matter.
    The pistol has to date the slowest TTK when used in "normal" mode, I would argue that the PS1 beamer was a more valid option. If a infiltrator could charge up while being cloaked then it would be a nice addition, but you know aswell as I that SOE wont give us that ability. Instead we have to decloak (make noise, wait a fraction of a second) charge up (makes some more noise and takes 2-3seconds) and finally unload the full charge in the HEAD of our target (which has already run away after killing u 2 seconds ago).

The thing that bothers me the most is that my all time favorite gun (from any game) is being shamed by this piece of junk.
  2. DevDevBooday

This post is utter bull.

Have you actually tried the pistols? AMP the best?

Haha
    It has the LOWEST damage per clip of any gun in the game with the fastest mag dump time in the game

Thats ok you think because it has a beastly kill time.....oh wait. its 1,561 which is actually lower than the Repeater.

So in summary.

Repeater has more damage per clip, and more dps.

So what advantages DOES the AMP have then? Uhhh well you can hold the left mouse button down rather than clicking it a whole 7 times per clip?
    That will be 1000 certs please.

Honestly OP give me ANYTHING as to how the AMP is any good.
    i used it on the test server for about 40 minutes in a bio lab fight and I couldnt kill anyone within a single clip.
    Honestly guys, try it yourselves on PTS its damage per clip is too low but worst of all, its fire rate. If you miss AT ALL for even a split second, you will waste too many bullets to get the kill. Its brutally unforgiving and has no point to exist whatsoever.
    Basically its like buying a slower firing repeater with 18 bullets in the clip instead of 21. Other than that those two pistols are IDENTICAL.

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY. I advise against buying the AMP the Repeater is a straight upgrade.

Spiker is 'cool' thats about all I can say about it. Its not BAD this time though, its a usable pistol but once again the NS pistols flog it anyway.

Magscatter is basically a slower firing inaccurate headshot incapable underboss.

TL;DR Amp is a downgrade, NS pistols still reign supreme.
    • Up x 5
  3. Bape

Lol take the mag scatter on the PTS go on indar and try to kill players with it. You know what gonna happen within an hour with that gun? You gonna realize how dumb your post is because I promise you the magscatter is no where useful and it actually very terrible.
    • Up x 5
  4. Dramonicous

You tried the AMP in 40min in a biolab and couldnt get a single kill?
    Your obviously not a person who should be commenting about this then.
  5. Insrik

HEY GUYS THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM.

NC - GETS A GUN FOR REAL CQC. ALSO HAS PISTOL OPTIONS FOR OTHER RANGES TO COMPENSATE.
    TR - GETS A GUN FOR CLOSE TO MEDIUM. HAS OTHER PISTOLS TO COMPENSATE FOR OTHER RANGES
    VS - GETS A GUN FOR MEDIUM RANGE. HAS OTHER PISTOLS THAT DO THE SAME THING.

Basically VS doesn't really have much of customization options for their sidearm loadout since the spiker is basically
    a charged up beamer which can be used at every range to decent effect but does not excel at one. You may say okay
    well then just buy the comissioner or underboss to fill that role. How about no. VS needs something that seperates
    their other sidearms from the rest that can also fill another needed role.

TR and NC both have options for sidearms that can fill different roles while the VS spiker does not fill any new
    role.

And the only time you'd really want to use your sidearm is when youre either out of bullets on your primary or
    you need to finish up an opponent so the spiker is good in that aspect since its still usable at any range
    but is still the master of none.

TL;DR - Spiker - doesnt fill any new sidearm roles while the other faction specific pistols do.
  6. Elrobochanco

They are all actually meant for super close engagements, just in different ways. It's why all of them suck when used like another pistol or in regular play. If you aren't close enough to knife, the pistols will suck.
    • Up x 1
  7. ThePropain

8. KillSwitchWes

I disagree on most of your points. First off, you are only considering the "on paper" stats and stat / theory crafting off of this. This only tells half the story, especially considering that a bunch of the stats aren't even listed in the game (i.e. recoil patterns, charge times, etc.) Secondly there are a TON of statements that you make that are just not true. You clearly haven't even used any of these pistols outside of the VR

I personally used all three of these pistols for at least an hour (each) while testing out directives, much of which was as a Stalker.

TL;DR:
    Most everything stated in OP is crap.
    TR AMP is a well balanced side-grade to the Repeater, not OP at all but lacks imagination.
    NC Mag-scat is crap, also NOT OP AT ALL. It is very difficult to get kills with even in its intended range and can not equip a suppressor. It could definitely use a buff in certain areas.
    VS Spiker is a decent burst pistol, its charge up mechanic / what the charge does just needs some love in one way or another. It is a disgrace to the "Spiker" namesake but fits the "Eraser" name well enough.

TR: "AMP"

This thing does LESS damage per shot AND mag than the Repeater but has a higher RoF. The advantage of the AMP is that it is full auto and thus there is no room for a fluctuating RoF that you may get from having to burst fire the Repeater. Not having to constantly tap fire could also increase aim accuracy slightly for some people. It also has the potential to take targets out a tad faster at < 10m.
    You state that the weapon can take out 4 infantry with head shots without misses but that is strictly THEORETICAL, good luck having that kind of aim-bot accuracy at any range other than buried in their skull. You also don't mention Nanoweave armor either, in fact a large majority of players still run this. Take account for the accuracy and you will likely only be able to kill 1 person in close range (< 15m) assuming they don't kill you first. Overall the TR AMP is a niche side-grade from the Repeater and a fairly well balanced one at that. My only real complaint is that it is very bland and uninspired compared to the other 2 factions offerings.

NS: "Mag-scatter"

You obviously have NEVER used this pistol and are purely stat crafting yet again. If you had used it you would know that this weapon does not have the normal 2x head shot multiplier. Even if you stick the barrel in the enemies mouth you will NOT get a OHK out of it. IMO this is the worst of the 3 factions pistols, it is very slow firing, only has 4 shots (very useless if you have poor pistol / shotgun accuracy to begin with) and it is a very niche weapon that is only somewhat effective within 10m. Add to that, when you fire there is something that just doesn't feel right and tends to throw your aim accuracy off even more.
    Yes you can 2 shot infantry but with NWA and average accuracy it will likely take 3 or even 4 shots to kill within 15m. By the time you get that second shot off, most decent players will have turned around and at the very least done some serious damage to you if not killed you. The fire rate is that slow. Also this weapon can not equip a suppressor! It is a choke that improves the pellet spread (or some accuracy, can't remember), not sure what the negative effect (if any) is on it but I assume it increases the sound sig like compensators do.
    Overall this weapon is very difficult to use and get kills with. It is best suited as as a close range "Finisher" pistol. Most people, even as a Stalker, will be better off using the Commissioner or even the Underboss than the Mag-scatter. If anything this weapon could use a buff to anything other than damage, even extending the damage ranges would be nice.

VS: So Called "Spiker"

This thing I can sort of agree with you on, sort of...
    First off it is a fine burst fire pistol (granted not as good as the Repeater or Desperado) but because of the charge up mechanic it can be tricky to get the fastest consistent RoF out of it. Yes the charge up is more or less useless as it currently does LESS damage per shot (to the head) than just pushing fire 2 times and you can easily fire 6 - 8 shots normally in the time it takes to charge up and shoot 4. To be perfectly clear though the charge up only takes about 1 second with a good 4 seconds of hold time before it auto discharges, not the 2-3 seconds you state. That doesn't detract much from what you're talking about though, it in fact is what a large majority of the community think of it, it's crap.
    Overall it is a decent burst pistol but the charge up still needs some work. I still think it should be called the "Eraser" as like you said this weapon shames the memory of the PS1 Spiker.
    • Up x 4
  9. DatVanuMan

AMP: Very effective pistol, I liked it. Very little damage, but AMAZINGLY high RoF, which is how all TR weapons have to be. IT DOES need a magazine buff, maybe to 30-40 shots.
    Spiker: People wanted a burst. I wanted a hitscan. This is the crap you get when you ask for burst while being VS;)
    Mag-Tastic Scat: THE BEST PTS PISTOL AS OF NOW. Well, my favorite NC pistol:p This thing is an absolute boss at killing, but it, like the AMP, deserves a buff. It should be more accurate, ADS and CoF wise, and it should deal enough damage to headshot people, as it IS a shotgunXD
    To sum it all up:
    AMP and Magscat are great, but could use some buffing in certain areas.
    Spiker: Bull damned crap. WOW! We get a burst pistol that has a lower TTK, a crappy charge mechanic, and SIMPLY DOES NOT SAY VANU. Nice model? Yes. Good Audio? Check. Is it different? We get to hold a magnetic BALL OF PLASMA. That is different. Is it effective? Keep dreaming, my traitorous VS brothers. And for all those loyal VS soldiers out there, keep using Nanite System's gifts to us! (The 44 and the 357).
    • Up x 1
  10. Longasc

Um... my results:

TR AMP:
    Repeater for lazy people and even more short ranged. But quite useful if you fire at point blank, just hold down. Sidegrade.

NC Magscatter:
    Totally odd gun and rather ineffective, even at close range. Would rather pick a Desperado or whatever else gun, it works better than this. I don't even see this as "Stalker" infiltrator choice.

VS Spiker:
    If you click as fast as possible it's quite good and kills fast. Dunno what happened, but it seems to have lost accuracy over the upgrades? BUT the major problem: The charge mode is rather gimping yourself, it's horrible. About half of the 4 shots seem to miss, despite the long charge. No reason to ever charge that thing.

The AMP is in a release-ready state, the Magscatter is... awful. The Spiker has a stupidly bad 2nd fire mode but is otherwise not bad.
  11. Longasc

Update - just checked the latest iteration of the guns: The Spiker is now definitely the best of the bunch. The first fire mode is smooth and works out nicely and the charged shot now fires 4 shots going upwards in a straight line. I will still rather click quickly but its now more predictably and as it goes straight up more accurate.
  12. AdmiralArcher

the Mag scatter is very situational, its great for finishing off players once you spray and pray your mag away....but its not good at range.....which most shotguns are not anyways.....the spiker is clearly built for range, but its being toted as a CQC gun which it isnt

the AMP......the AMP is good for 10 M engagments, nothing more, nothing less. any farther and you cant hit ****

any closer and the enemy will dance around you like a ******* rabbit while you turn and fire every bullet in your mag before you can ay gawddammit!
  13. Syphers

clueless lol, the Desperado is all around much superior to the magscatter. The extra -0.2 sec of ttk won't matter when you're stuck to a point blank range effectiveness with a 4 b magazine.

And the AMP is just a repeater on automatic with more room for error if you don't burst it a lil bit, a different flavor but nothing truly outstanding. And the theoretical 4 kill in one magazine made me lol, in the heat of action with a fluctuating fps you'd pull a good or lucky shot to down 2 full hp opponents in one magazine with that gun (no knife) unless they are standing still without situationnal awareness, basically afk or distracted, ample time to reload or knife so irrelevant
  14. DatVanuMan

This is no where useless and it is actually magnificently awesome:D The Scat is the best sidearm on PTS right now (In my opinion for NC sidearms, using a Commissioner for a year turns you into a boss:p), the AMP is a VERY close second, but the Spiker (And I'm not suprised), was AN ABSOLUTE FAILURE. Whoever said us VS should get a burst deserves to die by ionized masses of gas, because WE DO NOT NEED A BURST, and it's not even unique.
    So, to sum everything up:
    Scat: AMAZING:) Needs a headshot buff and better ADS/CoF accuracy.
    AMP: Excellent pistol. Needs a much larger magazine and it'll be good to go:D
    Spiker: Give it a semi-auto hitscan mode, and I'll use it. Because the Manticore is MUCH better than this piece of despicable crap, and I can't stand to see people using it. I haven't died ONCE to this thing. EVEN THE BEAMER (I HATE THIS WORD) is better than this pistol. Please, fix it ASAP. The fate of Vanu's variety depends on it.
  15. Bape

Mag scatter is terrible.
    • Up x 1
  16. RobotNinja

I see ZERO reason to not stick with my commish.
    • Up x 3
  17. TheKhopesh

Magscatter is sloppy.
    It cannot fire the second shot fast enough, and a single missed shot means you're dead.
    It needs an extra shot and +35 RPM.

I like it's being short range, because it's the shortest range pistol in the entire history of PS2, and that means it's the only pistol that could get away with OHKing with a single headshot (provided all pellets hit the head, which cannot physically be done past 2m).
    This all adds up to being a weapon that could OHK headshot standard infantry without any balance issues whatsoever (As any kill you could get with a headshot is one you could get a thousand times easier with a chest shot+knife).

AMP is comfortable.
    Could use a hair more accuracy (5-10%?) while moving.
    Also REALLY needs 24-26 rounds per mag instead of 21 per mag, which is too few for a 100 dmg model.

Spiker is too tough to fire without oversampling thanks to the charge feature.
    No nice way to say this, but it's only crap because it's got that charge feature on a burst pistol.

I would personally do this:
    Spiker becomes a copy of the Cerberus with a charge feature that fires NS-44 damage model shots.
    Then, the Cerberus gets the stats of the Spiker, but without a charge.
    (Obligatory renaming of the "Spiker".)

There you are. Now both of these VS weapons are comfortable, and have their own unique roles on the battlefield.
    • Up x 1
  18. Dramonicous

Before commenting on the pistols make sure you have tried the latest version of them.
    Im fairly sure that the last changes to them wasnt listed in patch notes.
    Little over a week ago Spiker was more useful doing normal bursts than charge ups and you could do them fairly quick.
    But when I tried it again yesterday then charge up was basicly the only way to kill something, and normal fire couldnt kill anything aside from clueless noobs.
    • Up x 1
  19. DevDevBooday

Couldnt get a kill in a single clip I said. I got kills but it took a couple clips. Got me killed alot as a result.
    Learn to read.
  20. Drstrangewolf

Why do people have so much of issue with the Mag Scatter when they're trying to reintroduce old favorite and plus half the people whining complaining on VR guys than real CQC situations where you jerk and jump from guys around the corner. Plus its fine takes two full blast shots in CQC to kill, which is not 100% of the time and considering there is HA shields, health boost and Damage reduction facts to take in can't guarantee 2 shot everything with possibility more one person shooting you and pulling a jon woo moment. I think fits perfectly with low mag fall back for CQC situations, but purely based around it. Plus why would you want another 200-250 pistol that is a copy paste, some of us since PS1 want this.

AMP- Classic made only for the TR which disappoints me its not common pool like PS1, but hey its TR flavor people leave it.

Spiker- could of been better as a lancer/vortex styled weapon, hard to keep that burst on the head unless CQC

Remember these are pistols that haven't been tested in large scale combat wait for regular server to complain