Why can Thermals see Tank Mines?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Scr1nRusher, Jul 31, 2014.

1. ajma

They could just introduce 12 stages of baked shadows. I turn them off because that's the only way for me to get 45 fps.
  2. drhead

Yes, that is exactly how Magburner behaves -- you go fast while the boost is active, and you instantly slow down as soon as it expires. That is why I use IR smoke instead.
  3. Cyrek

Need an utility program to help you brute force your cards settings such as Nvidia inspector, it is pretty interesting to play like this but you eventually want to go back to the flashy graphics.
    Here is another pic:
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2yux3yw&s=8#.U9vmTGPIxgl
  4. phreec

LOL so many people desperately asking how to gain a ridiculously unfair visual advantage over others.
    • Up x 2
  5. Scr1nRusher

no i ment he didn't slow down, he just froze.
  6. Calisai

Honestly, Most of it sounds like lag. I mean, stopping is pretty quick in a Mag, and seeing mines, especially if spotted by gunner or something is possible, but the fast firing and other things tells me it was probably a case of lag interfering.

Either:

1) you were lagging, thus the fast firing
    2) he was lagging... (ever seen a tank stop, then jump forward 100m... that's the server updating the located when lost packets finally arrive)
    3) both of you were lagging or server was lagging (packet loss, etc).

Without visual evidence there is no real substance to base an opinion on. The heat of the battle causes your perceptions to change... things can seem faster or slower than they truly are.... (IE, why some players can react quicker... time seems to slow down to them, whereas others are overwhelmed and things seem like they are happening way to fast).

In a game with massive lag, performance issues and network instabilities that have been reported lately, combined with true CSHD and players that play on servers across the globe... i'm likely to give the benefit of the doubt and blame that than call someone a hacker/cheater.
    • Up x 1
  7. Scr1nRusher

I need to figure out how to record ingame.......
  8. Calisai

It'll help, but it still will record some funky stuff just based on CSHD and lag in general. I've been having issues the past few days of my cable modem resetting.... the weird thing about it?... I'm still able to hear people on TS perfectly... but they hear me garbled... I'm looking like i'm playing fine... but when I try and clock/decloak or use shield/regen, etc nothing happens and finally after about a minute or so, i get disconnected.

During this stuff, everyone is being recorded doing some funky stuff. Kinda fun to see actually.
  9. Scr1nRusher

Strange stuff have been happening.
  10. Kite Carling

*Laughs*

OP caught bullshitting red-handed. Nice :)
  11. Scr1nRusher

Not at all.

I've been trying to rationally explain what happened and been going threw all the possible reasons for it.

Thermal( doesn't work)

EOD Hud( none had it equiped)

Other players around that spotted it( There was none in that area)

Secondary gunner seeing it( he was shooting in the air at a ESF)

Lag(possible)

Hack( Saron style fire rate for main gun and stopping on a dime with out no slow down or drift, along with alot of strange stuff he was doing before hand)

Also.... who are you?

You are rarely active at all in the past 2 years of you being a member.
  12. Ronin Oni

grass is client side. Flora off = no grass. That's easy to explain.
  13. Scr1nRusher

it wasn't just grass it was inbetween some small rocks under the grass.(I took the time to angle them perfectly)
  14. Ronin Oni

Yeah, momentum is non-existant on a Mag
  15. Scr1nRusher

But you atleast slow down.

This guy didn't slow down. He instantly stopped, blew up my mines(didn't shoot at them and i didn't get a hit marker on his tank) and then mag boosted again.
  16. Scr1nRusher

You know what...

/End Thread.

I'm going to figure it out, and also the ingame recording(which i know I got working before)
  17. Ronin Oni

Honestly this sounds more and more like some server desync issues that you hit.

Also, you say the gunner was shooting at air? He actually might have been shooting at you, but again, desync. That'd explain a lot. And you wouldn't be able to tell if he had EOD on, so maybe the gunner saw and spotted the mines.
  18. Ronin Oni

what brand video card do you have? What model?
  19. Scr1nRusher

It wasn't a Desync because all of my shots were hitting him and getting markers before hand, also the battles previously i was in, there were no issues.

and yes the secondary guy was shooting a mossie I know what each weapon looks like when its facing upwards and firing.

Also on the deathscreen I could tell which implants the driver had and I knew the gunner from a previous fight 3 minutes earlier didn't have EOD hud on and he was a engineer using a lighting.

i don't know :eek:
  20. Ronin Oni

I'm not saying you can't tell that...

what I'm saying is that it can LOOK LIKE on your screen he's shooting up at a mossie but in reality is aimed directly at you and firing.

That's the definition of desync!

Your experience before and after could have been fine if the issue was with their connection.