On a scale of 1 to 10, one being the worst, ten being the best, rate the helpfulness of each class.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luminiouscow, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Leftconsin

Pretty true.

Sniping, however, is almost always wrong.
  2. Taemien

If you're with friends, you're not lonewolfing.

And you do mean phoenix right? Just making sure we're on the same page here.
  3. DatVanuMan

Nope. Me and some NC allies just go to a fight with plenty of Terran and ensure that we are proving to be pains in the behinds:p
    But really, it's their playstyle. You can't just say lone wolfs are useless just because they don't have a squad.
  4. Scr1nRusher

your thinking of the MAX.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scr1nRusher

But its a vehicle THAT CAN BE REVIVED!
  6. Lamat

You can be useless to your team with any class, vehicle, battle rank or computer hardware.
  7. TheAntiFish

You think sniping infiltrators are useless.... Bless your little hearts.

The amount of vehicles i've kept alive by dropping HA's/Engi-Turrets at range and effectively denying entire enemy vantage points has swayed losing battles in our favour.
    The amount of paths i've cleared to extremely hostile bases by running in and hacking turrets to fire out behind enemy armour/air etc.
    Those darts i'm firing are just obviously helpful. You haven't died multiple times because of actions i've taken, as a sniper...
    (Not a lone-wolf either, working as part of a platoon. Effectively.)

I can't help but feel that you're buying into Forumside-based stereotype. You're just not hearing the tree fall in the forest. Believe me when i tell you it's making a sound.
    • Up x 4
  8. Blazing Ownager

All 10s.

Not enough credit is given to PS2, at all, for how well the class balance is. Esp. coming off of games like Battlefield 3 which consisted of engineer, engineer, engineer, engineer, engineer, sometimes engineer, engineer and sniper.
  9. DatVanuMan

I love how you type in such a fashioned way in order to maximize your exploits, making everyone think you are some blessed hero. I actually did for a few secondso_O
    • Up x 2
  10. TheAntiFish

So did i my man, So did i!
  11. DatVanuMan

What faction do you main, brother?
  12. TheAntiFish

I'm NC through and through mon frere.

Technically anyway, i can't even play the bloody game right now. Waiting on my replacement PC so i can get back into the fight and single-handedly rambo my entire faction to victory...

Until then Forumside is my home.
  13. ezaroo

Yeah really they are all equally useful depending on how they are used and when. The problem with the LA and the infi are when newer players who haven't certed them out a bit yet use them and really they are using a less useful version of another class

e.g.
    LA is an engineer with no ability to fix a max and with a jet pack that means they go off on their own and get killed.
    Infi is a low health useless thing with fairly useless weapons and new players think they are invisible...

Both classes encourage people to think outside the standard ways to play, with an experienced player this makes them two of the most dangerous and useful classes but they are also the most appealing to new players, which doesn't help...

Basically people need to know what to do and when

Now on the "infiltrators are useless kdr padding rats who should all be exterminated" line you so often get on the forums. This is complete rubbish! If a base gets zerged and the people are forced out of vehicles as so often happens if they meet resistance. They need to get them back after to continue the zergfest. I will stay back as a sniper about 50-100 m from the terminal in a hard to observe camping spot and farm off 15+ kills before I get caught. Does this help my team? Yes of course it does that is 15 less vehicles at the next base and at least 15 less people getting to the next fight, if some of those people were squad leaders taking 11 people each, I've just slowed down the whole advance.
    Now I admit most infis don't do this and you only need max of 2 to hold up the whole zerg but please don't think we don't help :)
    But the ones sitting just behind the rocketing heavies try are totally useless...

On a side note they should reorder the classes in the respawn screen and at terminals, that's why infis are so often picked by new players the list should be "medic, heavy, engineer, LA, infi, max" and suddenly all the new players would be medics... Since it isn't in alphabetical order anyway...
  14. DatVanuMan

I see. Well, until your new PC arrives, enjoy the forums while you can!:D
    • Up x 1
  15. KnightCole

Infil: 8: They are invis shadows of death in cloaker SMG mode, they always keep the enemy on edge, never knowing when death might strike. Plus at range, they keep you from daring to stand still, lest your melon be busted wide open to a Parallax...

Light Assault: 3: Prolly one of hte most...useless? classes...He brings little to the table besides a nice flanking ability with JJ. C4ing tanks maybe...but past that everyone does his job better and with better overall utility. Only thing LA has is extreme fun factor and tower shotgun ability...but meh...

Medic: 10: Cuz reviving and healing is essential. Revives help keep morale up, the zerg alive and the front lines moving. Whats ever the most important class in a MMO group? Trust me, its never the wizard and his Ice Comets...ofc its the healer silly...

Engineer: 5: They give me bullets so I dont have to run to a terminal. otherwise, I have no use for them...they occasionally lay down a nice turret that I can blow them off....and mines that blow me up...*** holes...

Heavy Assault: 5: He has a big gun, a cool shield, a fancy explosive tube and pretty much nothing else...Hes fun if you want a nice murder spree, but as for really being helpful, not really. Hes good for leading a charge with medics and engis behind him, but as for support, idk, hes like a Warrior in EQ1....very 1 dimensional and other classes can do his just as well with proper support. I mean, 2 medics? They can do just as well as 1 HA and 1 medic and in some cases better, boht can rez...

MAX: 6: hes only marginally more helpful then a HA. His guns are only for primarily close in brawl work and hes mainly a meat shield. Offers little support otherwise and is a very big fire magnet. Hes good for breaching but not much else...
  16. TheAntiFish

I'll try, but i'm frothing at the mouth for the new PC. I just found out that i have 19,611 certs to spend when i get back...

Sweet jesus. None of my classes will be useless now!
  17. DHT#

Medic - 10, if they revive. 5 if they don't, because then they're just an LA who can't fly.
    LA - 9, if they're smart about flanking. No one can clear a choke point or find and destroy annoying vehicles better.
    HA - 8 Good AV options, and obviously durable, but I think the overshield prevents a lot of them from becoming better players. Rocket launchers are nice, but really only good in large groups. 9 if there are enemy aircraft around. 10 in groups of 4+.
    Engy - First one is 10. Everything after that is about a 4, unless they glue themselves to a max's butt. Then it's about a 6.
    Infil - Most snipers, even good ones, are about a 3. If they also pepper the area with recon darts it goes up to a 7. SMG infils that do recon darts are a 9.
    MAX - VS & TR - 6, unless they have an engy blued to their butt. Then 8. NC MAX? 1. Unless it's AI in a biodome. Then you get a 3.
    • Up x 1
  18. Kanil

All classes are very useful, depending heavily on playstyle. Some are more straightforward than others (a passive LA or sniping infil is much less useful than a clueless medic who at least revives people) but none are useless.

Engineer probably scales up the poorest, as at some point you have enough repairs/ammo for everyone, and another engineer just means another turret, which may or may not be useful.

On a scale of 1-10, they all get 10s as maximums, but some of them would have lower minimums.
  19. DatVanuMan

19,611 cert part:
    :eek:
    • Up x 1
  20. Fraper

All classses 10 in theyr own unique way, except SNIPING infitlators that get max 3 if theyr aimboting and have 99% accuracy and kill targets every 30 seconds like other classes on battlefield. Other than that they do not contribute to the game as a TEAM MEMBER and OBJECTIVE gain/progression AT ALL.