Why do people hate the Crossbow?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by TorigomaSET, Jul 16, 2014.

1. TorigomaSET

Seriously? There was a argument about in the Yell today. Why do people just not like it? I got Araxium in 3 days with the darn thing. Ya, the Crossbow takes some getting use to, but once you learn how to use it, It is absolutely amazing.
    • Up x 1
  2. NCDaniel

It's a pretty decent weapon. I used it more for knife kills though.
  3. AnuErebus

Doesn't have a great damage output and can't be used quite as well in emergencies like pistols can. It's got the lowest TTK of any secondary (excluding event items like flare gun) and has rather limited effective range due to its incredibly slow projectile velocity. Essentially it requires its own playstyle catered around its shortcomings and for a lot of people that playstyle isn't terribly rewarding. If they increased its refire time and or increased its projectile velocity it'd probably be better suited for more players, but as is it's very much a novelty item for players who want to play in a very specific way.
  4. Moz

All you have to do to see how great the xbow can be is watch a CuteBeaver vid or two. That will show you all you need to know about stalking.

I actually love it as a mid range side arm to go with an SMG or shotty aswell.

Also..... RECON DARTS!! \o/

I can only presume people dont like it as they are trying to use it like a sniper rifle and struggling with the drop!?
  5. Scudmungus

While I don't the X-Bow, I find it redundant - or rather, I have other options that I find more suitable in the roles required by the outfit.

1: Running with outfit? Hunter + Suppressed RAMs provides OHK at all ranges and significantly weakens a target on body shot. Counter-snipe at range and sharp-shoot up close. Commie shots + knife in the back pocket if a shot hits the body and a quick follow up is required.

2: Supporting via roaming/scouting? Repeater - less finesse than the crossbow but performs better during hectic fights and/or when the opponents are duking/mobile.

As it stands, the most reliable way to secure a kill with the X-Bow is CQC, shot + knife. At that range, I might as well use the repeater - it's more flexible/forgiving. Considerably messier of course but you can tussle with HA and take down a wider range of targets within a greater number of contexts.

The only role I find the X-Bow to excel in is shooting clueless gun lines while placed under their noses. And really, you can do that, at safer ranges with a RAMs (or even under their noses with the right positioning!)

Again, to clarify - this is not to say the X-Bow is 'bad'. You can get great results and it will support certain styles of play. Rather, simply not a tool that I find a need for in my current tool box, mostly due to the combination of RAMs at all ranges and the TR Repeater.
  6. Akashar

Just for your magnificent signature! I would steal it soooo much! :eek:
  7. Vikingo

I think you answered your own question, it takes some getting used to.
  8. Rift23

I don't like it because it came out the same time as Stalker cloak which just screams CASH GRAB.
  9. TorigomaSET

Because Thats NOT how you use the Crossbow. The Strength of the Crossbow is a hard Hitting, near traceless, Silenced, Scoped weapon, compatible with the Stalker Cloak. Its all about not being Seen as you pick of members of a Group, one by one.
  10. Marxsbeard

I haven't played around with the crossbow/stalker much yet, but a while back I did have fun using it as a LA to counter snipe the clueless. It's not bad once you get used to the drop.
  11. Scudmungus

Ya see - I can get the same mileage - and drop more targets faster and over a considerably greater distance as required - with a RAMs. Which has the added bonus of OHK.

Meanwhile, up close with the repeater and stalker, I can take out targets and then disappear, thanks to the stalker.

So, for MYtool box, it simply doesn't have a place. I have enough tools which get the jobs the outfit needs done.

Of course, some folks swear by the X-bow. I have an outfit member trying for the Miller First with the hearts one. More power to him! Personally I haven't been dropped by an X-bow in a long time, and never as a Stalker - the repeater versus x-bow in a stalker vs stalker fight significantly favours the repeater.

As always, to each their own.
  12. Rsoul

13. Rikkit

make a team of stalker cloackers, give all of them an explosiv X-Bow, and go out, hunt some tanks.
  14. Improvisus

Depends on the faction maybe... NC and TR are used to compensating for drop by default. You just have to go with the correct site for your weapon.

That being said, I love it. I like finding a hiding spot and either slowly picking people off or just making them nuts and watching them run around like chickens.
  15. Moz

I never understand this mentality...... could you explain for me?

The way i see it this is a F2P game, meaning they make no money from SALES of the game itself there is also no monthly sub. Now with this in mind would you like them to continue to upgrade PS2 and add more content? Or would you like them to leave the game as it is and stop supporting it?

So yes ofcourse its a cash grab, they need to make money to support the servers, to support the updates, to support the game as a whole. They cant do this without any money now can they.....

I could understand your frustration if it was so OP that you had to buy it to stand a chance because that would be pay to win. But the matter of fact is you dont have to spend one single penny to get one.

I dunno maybe im missing some key piece of information that makes this "cash grab" a negative thing for PS2, but as far as i can see its not like PS2 is being run by EA charging you for a half finished reskin, then charging you a sub, then charging you for DLs then charging you for guns etc and then STILL not supporting the title and moving to the next.
    • Up x 1
  16. Moonsugar

Crossbow is Love. Crossbow is life.
    • Up x 2