Two on one Faction gangbangs make me log out.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Angry Scientist, Jul 28, 2014.

1. DJPenguin

ATRA Forever.
  2. AdmiralArcher

i only dread FCRW because they make things not fun, its boring to fight them because they dont let fights be fights, for them its always a slaughterhouse

NC stands for Not Cool anyways, so A Different Kind of Not Nool doesnt faze me as much as Recursion and X because let me tell you, i have seen....some reallly really bad derps by ADK

watched them park 4 sundies as close together as they possible could....ran over with 2 tank mines and dropped them inbetween the sundies.....some guy shot me......then i ran back and threw a grenade......oh yes.....21 kills later and 4 sundies :) good times
  3. Alchemist44

When there is an alert and one faction owns 50+% of the territory, it is inevitable that it will be ganged up on. The other 2 factions fight for the 1st place too, not the second, and the best way to do that is to attack the current No1 ( you dont just gain territory, you make the No1 lose territory). What I find annoying though, is when a faction shows up where it shouldnt. Like when there is a fight over a NC owned hex with the TR, TR is about to win, suddenly 15-20 scythes/VS libs show up and beat TR back, even when the hex they are fighting over has NO common border with the VS and no lattice connections. Oh well, part of the game I guess...
  4. Peebuddy

I love defensive fights, because all those tanks and aircraft just sit around the flag for 3-15 minutes. Just sitting ducks asking to be blown up from afar via a AP siege mode prowler, and eveyone's so tunnel visioned they're completely oblivious to the fact until it's them you're ramming rounds up their tail pipe.
  5. Typhoeus

Although I do prefer fighting NC, just because they are easier to distinguish, I still have more VS kills then I do NC kills. For the most part, I go where I'm needed and I'll brave the PPA's and the elite outfits so long as pops are reasonably even. You don't get better by fleeing from a challenge.

As for the OP's original complaint, mattherson TR was underpopped for the longest time and we'd get double teamed daily and it still does happen now and again on emerald now. I know it sucks man but trust me, it'll only make your faction stronger, individually, fighting unsurmountable odds. Think of it as playing horde mode for any other fps out there.

If your leadership can get in gear, your faction needs to accept that in a 2vs1, you've already lost and need to unite on one front only. Pick the weakest of the two to attack. Let the faction you are ignoring have their fun ghost capping while you bring the pain to the faction you are focusing on. What you want to end up doing is show the other guys, you are just as much of a pain in the *** to fight as the faction they had decided to avoid. If you try to fight off both at once you won't get anywhere and they'll keep doing it cuz they like it easy. Don't make it easy for one of them and you'll end up with even three ways eventually ;)
    • Up x 2
  6. ajma

I've seen NC and TR gang up against VS on Emerald several times. This happens when either VS is winning or has higher pop, and continues even after another factions is winning and/or many VS players have logged out.

It happens to all factions, just log out and play something else.
  7. Frostiken

Nobody likes the Emerald NC and their overpopulation.
  8. TheBlindFreak

Nothing new. Mattherson, and now Emerald, TR and VS have always done this. They practically avoid each other and go after the NC. It is incredibly rare that I log on during primetime to see that we aren't being 2v1'd. It was like that for a long time. It's part of the reason why I haven't bothered logging in recently.

Personally, I think it is just a remnant of old metagame. Back when the VS had the blatantly OP ZOE and TR had near-perfect air denial with the Striker. TR and VS would straight up ignore each other and fight the NC because we were the easier kill. This was before the massive infantry weapon balance pass as well. The one that brought a lot of our guns up to par.

So the VS and TR would 2v1 us. Which would make our already low pops spread thin.

ZOE got nerfed into the ground. The Striker got nearly nerfed into the ground. And they still prefer fighting NC over each other. Even though things are fairly balanced, they go after NC as the "perceived" easier kill. And that in turn, makes us the actual easier kill because our population gets spread too thin.

The infantry weapon balance pass came around and we got a nice boost in pop on Mattherson. Then they were a bit justified when they 2v1'd us. And if you complained about the 2v1, you were just met with "OMG you have the highest pop" or "haha get gud scrub".

To current trends:
    Now pop is roughly balance between VS and NC, with TR not doing too bad. VS like to use those PPA's whenever they can. TR don't like fighting VS at all. Even when the VS decide to take TR territory, I often see the TR ball up at the NC front and ignore the VS save for a few small groups/lone wolfs that try to defend.

But I will admit, when we aren't being 2v1'd, it's pretty fun. And I do sympathize for the TR when they end up 2v1'd. At that point, I will exclusively go after VS and try and convince other NC to do so as well.
  9. VSDerp

Seriously i couldn't play with people that avoided factions. Just boring and lame imo. im happy my outfit doesn't do that.
    • Up x 1
  10. MasterCheef

Thats funny, i felt like the VS and NC were ganging up on TR.

interesting.....
  11. MandozerTheGreat

You should stop crying and just play the game.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tuco

One of the best way to avoid a 2 faction gang bang is to not attack through the middle, reducing or removing the borders between the 2 enemy factions, forcing both empires to 2 faction gang bang you. Someone should inform the zergfits about this.
  13. Axehilt

Sometimes it's just the factions playing as they should: if you have the most territory, you should be doubled.

The rest of the time, yeah it's pretty lame that one or both enemy factions are incompetent (and usually the 2nd place faction that's attacking you is simply broadening the lead of the current leader.)

A dynamic, scaling XP bonus against the current leader (ranging from +0% at 33% pop to +50% XP at 40% or higher pop) would at least put some guide arrows into the game towards making the right decision. But you can't really go too far down that path -- you can't actually force players to be strategic -- since part of a game being strategic is players need to be free to play terribly, and learn how to organize an entire faction of random players to actually play well together.
  14. Makora

It's the same everywhere. And it makes me feel less and less like playing the game. Alerts have done NOTHING to further my enjoyment of the game. Quite the opposite, they make me cringe and power through it, logging off right after because I feel spent and completely bummed out. I don't leave with a sense of satisfaction and that is a bad thing. I enjoy the game when I am not forced into this stupid territory control contest. Especially since the result is always a continent lock, that comes with a (now) stupidly high bonus. I wouldn't mind the lock if the bonus wasn't THIS ******** big. Or if every alert didn't lock the continent.

Maybe the system the devs have in store works better. But I honestly doubt it will change much. Alerts themselves are neat on paper, but one thing ruins it for me, people. There seems to be some sort of a bias for most people to go for the TR first. I doubt it's some sort of ideological thing. Most likely they find it more "fun" to fight TR. And fun is usually easy.
  15. JudgeNu

Emerald VS are the same.
    It amazes me how they do the same stuff but no one seems to see it coming or use a counter.( I have stopped SMH at it ).
    NC typically just fights the enemy Head-on with no thought but trying to beat them, and it doesn't typically work.
    It is only when there are the outfits that have the high level players with skilled organization, otherwise its fairplay.
  16. Bape

Lol maybe you should become a engineer and repair stuff if you aren't able to handle VS players.
  17. DatVanuMan

The exact same thing happens to me and the TR. I hate fighting Terran troops, for two reasons:
    1. They're slight jerks.
    2. They're slight jerks.
    But not all of them are.
    I love fighting the NC, because:
    1. Better fights.
    2. Better atmosphere.
    3. THEY ARE SO FREAKIN' NICE:D
  18. Jinjo

Discussions about alliances are always the most hilarious things to me. Every single "alliance" has been coincidental.
    The level of coordination required for cross-faction collusion doesn't match up with the level of strategy and drive that zerg pushes simply are not capable of expressing.

Sometimes the lattice creates lanes that force 2 v 1 action, too, or some lanes are simply too difficult to attack and dissuade even the zerg from pushing the lane.
  19. Badname707

Last night? You're kidding.
  20. Badname707

No one is saying there was an alliance. And we've actually coordinated temporary alliances several times, at least on Waterson. What's being discussed is that despite having the lowest pop and the lowest territory, both the TR and VS were doubleteaming the NC. There was literally no 48+ fights on that front the entire alert, and every single fight the NC were at had 48+ on both sides. I logged at about an hour in, NC had 26% pop, 22% territory, and the VS had 44% of the territory.