What is the best liberator frame??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LT_Latency, Jul 28, 2014.

1. LT_Latency

2. [NNG]WillTerry

High g.
    • Up x 2
  3. Lightwolf

HighG/precision. I fly high G but there is no right answer.
  4. PurpleBeefer

I alternate between HighG and precision.
  5. Flashtirade

If you're used to how ESFs handle, high g makes libs feel more like that. Precision makes them roll quite fast, which helps a lot in getting the right angles for gunners. Racer obviously makes more fast, but I don't know by how much.
  6. Mongychops

I used to only do High-G, but I am mostly using Precision Bomber (with Afterburner) these days, you can do a lot of sweet flying with High-G, but Precision makes tank busting moving targets, and giving your gunner angles, so much easier.

Maybe it's just because I'm lazy.
  7. Soques

8. JackD

High-G there is nothing to discuss. Helps you to use attacking paths against ground with the Tankbuster that would just send you in the ground or a mountain while using precision bomber, its better for soloing and also way better against air.

The Lib is a plane that stands totally still like a rock when you dont touch a thing. It not a shaky plane, main factor for belly gun precision is how smove you use your mouse.
  9. Flag

All 3 have their uses.
    Even racer.
  10. Stormsinger

I prefer high G, it has a greater range of uses, including allowing some amount of thrust to persist once you're on fire. It allows for more reckless dives, since it enables you to pull up much easier as well.

Precision allows for tighter turns, and it feels like you can nose-up higher while remaining relatively stationary, so peeking over hills / bombing is easier.

Racer + Afterburners is nice for quick strikes, but requires a very good gunner to execute stuff like that well.

Overall, High G
  11. dstock

I like High-G for AA and close-in ground support. All around, and with limited bias, I think it's the 'best' frame to have if you choose just one.

That said, I've been pulling Racer + AB a lot more since the buff, and playing a faster-paced, hit & run style. Cruising speed is around ~250KPH with constant altitude, flat AB is ~280 (would have to check, I fly 3rd person, mostly), and the dive speed is nuts, but make sure you pull up early! It's harder to pull off flaming landings, but with enough nose up and hitting analog thrust at the right time, I've been very satisfied with it. The guy I fly with also loves the speed for chasing ESFs with the Spur, for whatever use that is to the few people that like the Spur, lol.
  12. Mythologicus

High-G is nice, especially the increased vertical thrust for easier low-speed evasion and landing while on fire. The hard cornering lets you have some crazy dogfights with ESFs and other Liberators. It's decidedly average for tank-busting because while you can abuse the vertical thrust and rapid pitching, you can't easily keep a target on the ground within your crosshairs (without crashing spectacularily).

I'm seriously considering digging out the certs to max out Precision Bomber. I use turning a LOT, probably more than I should. The tighter turning lets you line up ground targets very quickly which, since I'm desperate to use to TB for its original intended purpose, is extremely attractive. Faster rolling obviously lets you give your gunners an angle on a target very quickly, but can be abused alongside the increased turn speed to corner almost as hard as High-G 3, albeit at less of an angle. It also gives you significantly more options for evading enemy fire. Having tested it in VR, I have to agree that the nose-up feels faster than normal, while nose-down does not.

Racer is niche. I primarily use it for hit-and-run on solo tanks or chasing down fleeing aircraft. If you get into a dogfight though, be prepared to use various objects to help you corner. Yes, I am suggesting colliding with towers. I've won dogfights by clipping my tail on trees/buildings and being spun sufficiently to have the perfect angle. Otherwise, run away.
  13. Macho

High G - Improves Lib's agility. Good for low flying. Vertical thrust is great for increasing forward speed, increasing height while hovering (making you a harder target to hit), very important airbrakes (emergency landing, hard approaches where you need to suddenly stop over a target, and general slowing of forward momentum), and allows the Lib decent hover maneuvering. IMO, best for AtG Lib.

Precision - Best for AtA as it gives gunner quickest look at targets. Good for Libs whose pilots like to move around a lot. Basically, if you're gonna be shooting to the side rather than straight down, you should probably go with this. Very nice if your flying style doesn't put you directly over a target due to evasive maneuvering, deterrents, or if the target is just plain too hard to get over the top of (aircraft, lightnings, harassers).

Racer - I guess this is okay for hit and runs... in theory. I've never really found it that useful to have. Any zone that you feel you'd need more speed to get in and out of is probably not the right zone to be flying in. Maybe a solo Lib hunting w TB and stealth equipped... sounds fairly dangerous. Overall, this frame doesn't really augment your belly gunner which is why I would put it at the bottom of the 3.
  14. PKfire

Frames are a crutch
  15. Brahma2

I agree. They're for noobs.
  16. Mrasap

High G + AB for solo tankbusting.

Racer + AB for crew libbing. It's the best combo against enemy ESFs, whom are your bane of existence.
  17. Obstruction

don't be telling people about racer frame bro, it'll get nerfed. just play it cool and say hi-g like everyone else.

racer frame is so bad. nobody uses it that's any good. it's terrible and probably needs another small buff like increased AB fuel efficiency to be any use at all.
    • Up x 2
  18. Flag

Racer frame is fun.
    Fun is OP.
    Nerf fun.
  19. Xervous

Racer libs chasing non AB secondary ESFs... mmm that's fun. Better nerf it.
  20. reydelchicken

Personally I use High G, makes it easier to fly in the style you would with an ESF (with no reversing).

And if you're using the default nosegun you can even end up hoverfighting some ESFs, just keep in mind that it does so little damage that the ESF will probably deal 3x the DPS you will at any range :p