Annoying Infiltrators of your server.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Parallus, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Posse

Are you this guy?, if that's the case, lol'd

And no, it's not easy mode, in the correct hands SMG infiltrator can be as dangerous as a HA or LA in the same hands.
  2. JudgeNu

He is def good but wow! those NC were terribad for sure, all that ADS while looking up at the rocks he was on.
    Seriously that much death and none of them were able to catch on?
    Sheesh
  3. Gambitual

Most annoying Infiltrator on Emerald is probably Timmelle. I don't know how much he plays Infil, but I caught him once and he accused me of hacking. He wouldn't tell me why though. I suspect he was Stalker on an open field and his cloaking didn't render when I IA'd in near his spot.

Otherwise, I don't any names that stick out as guys who repeatedly get me.
  4. TheAntiFish

Ask these two about TheAntiFish ;)

I've been gone for a while, once my computer's arrived i'll be back on the field with my silenced Longshot.
    Then you shall know terror.

Darkelfdruid i'm coming for you ;)
  5. TriumphantJelly

I think you mentioned that you play on Woodman...

Look forward to a Parallax stuck between your eyes after the merge...

Heheheheheheheeeeee....
  6. TheAntiFish

I'd suggest that in fact SMG infils are considerably more dangerous than HA or LA. You can see them coming and defend.

When an infil knows what he's doing you're dead before you can get off a round!
  7. HadesR

What makes a " skilled " infi ?

Ie: 90% of Infi's I see are not Infiltrators but " Cloakers with SMG's " .. No recon, no hacking , no darts ..
  8. DHT#

Yeah, I love showing up to a fight and see we're spawn camped, 10 people trying to snipe out of the room, and not a motion sensor or recon dart to be found.
  9. Bape

To be honest I find stalker cloaked infiltrators way more annoying they will get you when they see an opening.
  10. Posse

When a HA knows what he's doing it's hard to flank him, it's the same.
  11. TheAntiFish

Fair point i suppose, i spent 90% of my time as an infil so i have no idea of the capabilities of the other classes.
    All i know is HA's tended to need an extra bullet to drop ;)
  12. TraatAdmiral

WTF? First off, everyone gets the same sidearms, so this is honestly pretty stupid. But secondly, which one are you talking about? Most of the pistols in this game aren't garbage, but none of them are anywhere close to being more effective in close quarters than CQC primaries. You might get dropped by a Commissioner if you've got a gun that's designed for really long range or something, but I can't think of anything else. There are no guns in this game that suck so much that you can't kill somebody who's not paying attention from behind, but no sidearm is ever better than a primary in otherwise even combat unless that primary is grossly unsuited for the situation--shotgun vs. crossbow from 75 meters, for example.
  13. Parallus

Personally I'm a cloaker with SMG and I throw a lot of darts, I hack a lot of things, and I provide a lot of recon.

And get quite the kills while doing it.

Don't generalize. I said good infiltrators, not crappy ones, if they don't hack/dart/recon then don't mention them, they're not even infiltrators, they're suckers

Cloaker SMGs can penetrate enemy lines and think tactically, personally I like to get behind the battle, through enemy lines, and search for the medics, kill them, once done. I spam the area with sensor darts, or sometimes go into vantage point, bring up my sniper, look for enemy spawn bacons to snipe out, or locate. And assist the flanking while providing radar coverage.

Infiltrators are a support class... many people forget it, but they really are one.
  14. MisterBond

Yes I am that guy, and yes its easy mode

My KDR would be much higher but I enjoy playing the support role because lets face it, there's never any real good support players playing, so 99.999% of my game time is engineer and medic just repairing and healing

Mind you I have just as much fun, at least I THINK I do anyways, I switch to HA etc if we have a ton of competent support, but it rarely happens
  15. Posse

How is it you have the same KDR with SMGs you have with pretty much every other weapon class then? Shouldn't it be higher if it was easy mode?
  16. DeusExForever

Surprised no one was upset that I hacked every terminal/gun from the TR fascists I could find yesterday. ^-^

Then proceeded as a NC commander (without voice and the worst latency ever in a game) to win 2 continents while WoW was down for hours.

Revenge is sweet (Ally 4 Life and true blue regardless of game, too!). >:)
  17. DeusExForever

@Posse

If you concentrated on anything you can be good at it. But if you understand team games and what poor support can do to outcomes, someone has to supply the beans and bullets, too.

Same problem in all these competitive games too much bragging about K/D and few willing to win anything if it costs them their precise K/D ratios.

I'm sitting at less than 0.60 K/D. Do I care? Not really, because if I have to supply ammo or heal or hack terminals to win objectives someone has to do it, so the pretty boys can brag about their precious scores (or switch sides to the opposing teams to get wins, too).

We know the drill. We know what's going on.
  18. HadesR

I'm not the one generalizing ... I just wanted to get the point across before other people did and started to think that " High KDR but zero support = good infi "

That would be a bit like saying a medic that gets lots of kills but never revives or heals is a skilled medic :p
    • Up x 1
  19. Bad News

Is there good infiltartors? anyone hacking terminals and shoting darts are good but that are so simple tasks so atleast I don't notice them.
  20. TheAntiFish

Trust me, you'll notice how useful recon darts are in those difficult tower battles.