PTS offline for maintenance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sagabyte, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Sagabyte

Well, it's offline. It just shut off about 2 minutes ago.

What did everyone think about the changes/additions so far? My personal favorites were the c-c-c-CANISTER buffs and the unique directive rewards. I still think the Canister could use a teeny bit more buffing (angle of fire increases and small magazine size buffs) but overall it actually instagibsons targets nearly 50m away. It's now only a 2-3 shot at range. It's really good. The Harasser version now has a 1.1 spread compared to the Vanguard's .9 (incredible) spread.
  2. Tommyp2006

Didn't try any of the secondary buffs, did however play around with the amp a bit, which was fun, and tested out getting some directive points. Wish we had gotten more than a 10 second warning though...:(

Did they change the sound of TR LMGs again?
  3. Sagabyte

You gotta try that CANISTER man, it's now starting to be more than mediocre.

PPA is minimally impacted (just have to reload more often) and the Marauder hardly changed.
  4. ThunderSock

The new spread has a larger value? Wouldn't that make the spread worse? I'll wait for PTS to go back up and try it.
  5. Sagabyte

The spread used to be something like 1 for the Vanguard and 1.33 for the Harasser. It's now .9 for the Vanguard and 1.1 for the Harasser.
  6. Sagabyte

SERVERS ARE LIVE AGAIN!
  7. GhostAvatar

And hardly any change to the Marauder?? Now that sucks.
  8. DeadliestMoon

Not really. The Marauder doesn't need that much of a change.
  9. Kunavi

Aaaaaaaand that's what I've been saying...

PPA MINIMALLY IMPACTED(JUST HAVE TO RELOAD MORE OFTEN) is NOT balance, SOE...!!!! What BS is that! And the TR Fury still is a TR Fury- TR meaning it's WORSE THAN THE NORMAL FURY.

No I'm serious, take the Tank Buster; Normally this REEKS of TR, this IS TR. But nooooo it's NS and the TR got the TR TB, which is the Vulcan. TR standing for "It's like the NS stuff BUT SUCKS".

SOE Y U DO DIS(Yes I'm saying the Lib should get our Prowler's Vulcan and our Vulcan should be the current TB, and there are even more swaps that should happen... And why have a TR Fury and not a Banshee FFS)
    • Up x 1
  10. GhostAvatar

Thats what you think. On the Harasser it is perfectly fine. But on the MBT it fails just as bad (if not worse) as the Canister, due to its range capability.
  11. DeadliestMoon

That's probably because you are trying to use it at range, get closer.
  12. GhostAvatar

Yeah, I will just drive my tank right into the middle of all the infantry and expect to live. Smart idea.
  13. Sagabyte

...With a gun designed to kill infantry.
  14. GhostAvatar

Surrounded from all sides by HA with rocket launchers. Yes I will get some kills, but we all know who will win that one. So dont even pretend like it is a reasonable suggestion to get closer. If it was so reasonable, then lets put the canister back to around 50m.
  15. DeadliestMoon

Well what do you expect when you have a grenade launcher with a parabolic trajectory?
  16. GhostAvatar

Exactly, thats why I am surprised there has been very little change to it.
  17. DeadliestMoon

Well it certainly wouldn't be fair for the Marauder to get better range if rockets can't have the same range. RLs need higher velocity at the expense of their OHK ability.
  18. GhostAvatar

What kind of argument is that? Rockets have nothing to do with tank AI secondaries.
  19. DeadliestMoon

Yes it does. How do you expect infantry to fight back?
  20. GhostAvatar

The same way they fight back against the PPA. Rockets have nothing to do with balance amongst the AI secondaries on a tank. It only has to do with balance against them, but not amongst them. Thats why your argument is completely irrelevant here.