Battle naming system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdmiralArcher, Jul 26, 2014.

1. AdmiralArcher

its a little bit random......but wouldnt it be cool if there was a system in place to name battles that last a certain amount of time?

like if a battle has 48+ vs 48+ for more than 5 hours, it should get a name, like Operation...something...

or Operation Cliffhanger (attack on howling pass)

anyone like this idea?

i think it might be neat, and it could encourage people to participate in these larger battles, and it would help with battle identification
    • Up x 9
  2. Dasubur

Would be pretty cool but lacks a purpose, maybe if you received extra certs for fighting a long lasting named battle?
    • Up x 5
  3. DJPenguin

Mulac needs its own commemorative statue.
    • Up x 1
  4. AdmiralArcher

that would work, or titles for each battle, it could even be part of the Directive's / achievement system, like a campaign system, participate in 10 named battles or something and you get a campaign medal?

certs would work too
    • Up x 1
  5. zukhov

Great idea, would add atmosphere etc. to the game.
    • Up x 2
  6. Rift23

Operation Spawn Farm.
    • Up x 8
  7. TheAntiFish

Fantastic idea. Devs take note!
    • Up x 2
  8. AdmiralArcher

well if you suck that bad...yeah....the game could name an operation that

Lol jk

:D
    • Up x 1
  9. AdmiralArcher

i think the reason that i want something like this is because right now, i have no reason to feel proud of my empire, WDS was a world disasiter scenairo

i think we need more things to be proud of
    • Up x 3
  10. Scr1nRusher

good idea.
    • Up x 1
  11. Dasubur

I really like this idea its creative and fun and gives you something to look back on, we would have to limit it though to prevent named battle spam.
    • Up x 2
  12. AdmiralArcher

yeah, maybe have more stringent requirements, probably some pretty hardcore statistics
    • Up x 1
  13. TheAntiFish

Agreed, maybe it should require a mix of population/respawn rate/duration. Y'know something quite difficult to fulfil the requirements for so that the named battles are worth a name.

I'm sure someone smarter than i am could come up with a reasonable set of numbers for something like this!
    • Up x 1
  14. Iridar51

I don't get the point. For the game that constantly has battles going on, it's nearly impossible for one individual battle to be memorable, even if it has its own unique name.
    • Up x 1
  15. AdmiralArcher

well, with the new directives thing going in next week, there is the oppertunity to make battles more unique, having names is a start.......its just an idea that some people might find fun, you wouldnt have to pay attention to the names at all....but it could be useful in the long run once the game gets a better command system
    • Up x 1
  16. Latrodectus

Like a large battle for Subterranean Nanite Analysis, we could call it Operation Deep An-oh, that probably violates some forum rules.
    • Up x 2
  17. JudgeNu

This is a great idea.
    But to give it epicness it must not happen too much.
    There has to be some hardline criteria

Lol, I wonder if NC is STILL holding off VS from Acan! and preventing Hossin lock while the TR are WG'd

But after several hours I logged. the NC were being silly taking a satellite of Acan focusing all efforts on the generator!....which would do nothing...I repeat...nothing to help keep point. I think they were getting tired!

DECIMATION!
    The Standoff at Acan!! How many more bodies can the Vanu throw at the New Conglomerate!?
    • Up x 2
  18. boobeb

is like alert?:rolleyes:
  19. AdmiralArcher

it could be, but this is more of something that is after the battle is won
    • Up x 1
  20. Regpuppy

If a battle is memorable, you don't need some random system generated name for it. Players will remember it and can even give a name to said battle themselves. I know I still remember the showdown between Let The Brit Drop and Vanu Alliance from around a year ago. (I was part of the NC party crashers) I also remember my first coordinated tank ops that turned into an epic battle across the Northern dunes of indar. I don't need some contrived designation for either of those.